Drunk in Love

Intricate Love

I woke up on Yoochun’s arms and the sun was about to rise. Yoochun was awake and he said, “Good morning, my love.” And I felt butterflies in my stomach when he called me that way. We slept near the shore on a thick picnic blanket and two soft pillows that we rented last night. I rose up and watched the sun that was about to rise breaking the dawn. Yoochun put his arms on my shoulders and leaned my head.

 

“This is the first time that we watch the sun rises from the pitch dark of the night.” I said.

“And this is the first time that I finally feel how to be love.” He said.

 

Yoochun looked at me and so did I then he kissed my forehead and my happiness made me smiled. His warmth was burning me all his passion and I can feel on his hands that he doesn’t to let me go. I always thought that it was just a dream so I tried to pinch my cheeks.

 

“Why did you pinch your cheeks?” he curiously asked.

“I thought it was a dream but I’m proven wrong.” I answered.

 

The sun finally rose up and took the pillows and blanket, returned it, and then we headed to McDonald’s and ate our breakfast. We talked, laughed, and a little gossip as we enjoyed our breakfast then I suddenly remembered T.O.P.

 

“Yoochun, I’m wondering how T.O.P.’s doing today.” I wondered.

“Let’s check on him at the hotel.” He said.

 

We went to the hotel as soon as we finished our breakfast and the receptionist called me, as I was about to climb the stairs.

 

“Ma’am, your companion left a note for you.” The lady handed the note to me and I read.

 

Kioko, I already left and please do enjoy your last stay in Boracay with my brother. Take care.

 

When I read his letter I felt sadness in my heart but I can no longer pretend that I don’t feel love for his brother. But, I would talk to him when I got home. Yoochun took the note and he read it. I approached the lady and told her that I’ll check out then we went upstairs to get my stuffs inside. I went to my room and took my bag then headed back to the hotel’s lobby and the lady gave me the receipt. Yoochun took my bag and I tried to resists but he insisted so I let it go and he carried my bag. We went out the hotel and decided to buy some souvenirs for my friends. I bought plenty of key chains and key holders while Yoochun bought a pair of shirts with the print ‘I heart Boracay’. As I was paying the key chains and key holders, Yoochun popped out wearing the shirt that he bought but he requested me to wear the other shirt as it was meant for me. I kept on rejecting his request but he was too persistent so I lost again and wore the shirt.

 

“We’re on our couple shirts!” he proudly said.

 

When I looked at his shirt’s print and design, it was the same as the one that I wore. After we bought some souvenirs, we have no place to go so we decided to go to airport.

 

“Do you have a plane ticket?” he asked me.

“Crap! I don’t have.” I realized that T.O.P. and I took the private plane.

“No worries, let’s buy plane tickets when we get there.” He told.

 

We went to the airport and asked for the next flight to Cebu but unfortunately, I forgot that I don’t have money with me.

 

“Yoochun, can we just take a less way to go back home like take a bus or a ship?” I asked.

“If you worry about money then I’ll pay your plane tickets.” He told me.

“No, that’s too much!” I exclaimed.

“No no’s and buts, okay?”

I nodded and said, “I’ll pay you for my plane ticket when I get home.”

 

He was busy negotiating with the lady in the counter for our plane tickets and I went to a Dunkin’ Donut booth to buy some food and drinks for us if our flight would be in the afternoon. As I went back to the counter with the doughnuts and drinks, Yoochun wasn’t there so I looked around the vicinity. I waited for him at the counter and started to get nervous. Thoughts started to panic and my heart started to beats fast until he came back.

 

“Why are you uneasy?” he asked.

I felt my heart racing and trying to stop my tears but they didn’t anyway so I sobbed and said, “I thought you left me.”

“No, I won’t do that.” He hugged and he continued. “I saw you at the Dunkin Donut so I took the restroom for a while and come back right away here.”

 

Yoochun comforted me and I managed to calm down then he showed me the plane tickets and he told me our flight would be on 10:45 am. I gave him his doughnut and drinks then we went inside for check-in and waited for boarding at the lobby. We sat on the bench and we ate our doughnuts then he started to speak.

 

“When we get back home, I’ll fix everything that needed to be fix.”

“What if your father will not agree on cancelling your engagement? Or having a relationship with me?” I asked.

“It’s my prerogative Kioko. This time I’ll do it for myself not just for the sake of our businesses.” He said. “If father won’t bless us then it’s his dilemma and I will live my life with you for the rest of my days.”

 

Words were flowery but it made my heart fonder and gratified. As I always remember, I’ll live for the present as long as Yoochun loves me. Time passed and boarding was initiated and flew back home.

 

 

We arrived Cebu around 11:30am and we took a cab going to my apartment. I was sleeping during the flight and Yoochun started to yawn then I yawned too after him. He laughed and told me that yawning was communicable then he pulled me to his side. I blushed when he held my hand until we arrived at my apartment.

 

“You’re home…safe and sound.” He said.

“Are you going back to Manila?” I asked.

“Yes. Mr. Kim booked my plane ticket and I’m going back tonight.” He answered.

I gripped his hands softly while looking at him. “Please do come back.”

“I will my love.”

 

He gave me a hug and kissed me on my lips then he went inside the cab and went back to the airport. I never took a step until the cad disappeared and went inside my apartment. I felt love and at the same time, I worried for what would happen on the coming days even I said that I live only in the present. I took a shower, got dressed, and I lay down on my bed while I was checking on my phone for new messages but there was none. When I put my phone on the bedside table, it rang and the call was from Yoochun. He called just to say “I love you” ‘coz he forgot to tell me before he went back to the airport then I said “I love you too” and he gave me a kiss through the phone and ended. I never thought that the person I called devil before was now an angel who said cheesy words yet it touched my heart so much. I checked my phone and it was 2:45pm. I texted Dara about my next shift and she replied that it would be on Tuesday. I am surprised that I don’t have duty tomorrow so I killed the time checking on my social network accounts until I slept.

 

Sleeping was my forte and I got disturbed when my phone kept on ringing. I took the call with my eyes closed.

 

“Kioko, where are you?”

 

I opened my eyes and looked who was calling me and I saw T.O.P.’s name that was on the line.

 

“I’m at my apartment, why?” I asked on sleepy voice.

“Oh! I’m outside of your apartment please let me in.” he said.

“Why? What happened?” I asked but the call was cut off so I went down and saw him outside the gate.

 

T.O.P. was kind of drunk and he smiled, pointed at me, and started to speak so loudly. I took him in because I was embarrassed and he kept on talking about his feelings that I shattered. He was heavy when I helped him walk to the room and I kept on shushing him because he’s talking out loud. As soon as we got inside my room, I let him lay down on my bed while I made a cup of coffee then I heard him vomiting. I rushed to the bed and saw him with his vomit on my linens and his clothes. Pissed started to level up and I took a clean towel to wipe the vomit from his mouth and clothes. I pulled him up and let him lay down on the ground while I took the linen out of my bed then he vomited again. Pissed leveled up again. I put away the linen on the washing area then I helped him up to the toilet and he continued to vomit. T.O.P. was still vomiting so I left him for a while and put clean linen on my bed then I went back to him afterwards. He seems that he threw up everything and he got dirtied. All I can do was to clean him with wet towel but he smelled awful even I cleaned him.

There was nothing left for an option but to bathe him. As I was about to take his shirt off, I felt my hands trembling and thought maliciously. I pulled my hair and said, “KIOKO!!! STOP THINKING DIRTY!” I know my mind was grinning right now because it thought of green things… but I don’t have any choice. I took his shirt off and saw his white-firmed chest then my sweat fell down from my face. The toilet got hotter! His pants were wet but I don’t want to take it off from him and my green mind told me that I don’t have a choice or to let him sleep on my bed with wet pants on. I saw my hands how they shuddered before I touched T.O.P.’s pants.

 

“Okay Kioko, do this like you’re handling a patient.” I said and imagined him as my patient.

 

I had a hard time taking his pants off because he was sitting on the wet tiles of the toilet. And this time, the most crucial part was about to happen and took a gulp before I took off his underwear. I poured down water on him and he woke up but still he’s too drunk, shouting that it was cold, he saw me then he suddenly hugged me and said my name in a happy tone. I had a difficult time bathing him and it’s my first time to bathe a guy and the thing was, he was . I dried him with my towel and helped him up then I let him leaned on the wall and dried him from head to bottom. T.O.P. kept on talking nonsense while I looked for clothes for him and unfortunately, I don’t have large-size shirt. I turned back and saw him on my bed lying flat so I tried to fix his position and tucked him in with my blanket… . I took his clothes that was left on the toilet then washed and dried it so that the day comes, he have his clothes ready.

I was done cleaning all the mess around 4am and my sleepiness fade away. T.O.P. was sound asleep and I saw the cup of coffee on the table that was already cold. I put it away then I my laptop and updated my status in Facebook.

 

I see that is not to be seen.