The Date

Intricate Love

Things have been settled when I made emotions at ease after I clarified to T.O.P. Today will be a wonderful day, the sun is bright and I am with T.O.P. later this afternoon. With my excitement, I cleaned my apartment, wash the laundry and the kitchenware, and even changed my bed. My excitement made me like that. Then, I shower and change my clothes; wearing the red dress that T.O.P. gave me the other night. I looked myself on the mirror and I was surprised that I look good on red. I do my hair and make-up and wore my red pump shoes. After I was done, I looked myself again on the mirror and I wondered if this would do then my phone sounded.

 

My phone alerted me for a reminder on our date and a new message followed. T.O.P. sent me a message that he’s already outside the apartment’s gate. I went down and out through the door and while heading to the gate; wind blew making my hair hover and also my dress. On that moment, I felt like I was so beautiful and the wind goes along with my excitement making an effect. I opened the gate and T.O.P. reached out his hand. I smiled and put my hand on his and he opened the car’s door. I went in and he followed.

 

“You are beautiful in dress.” He started the conversation.

I smiled and said, “Thank you.”

“When I invited you to the Petronas Tower, you only wore a black blouse and jeans. And look at you, you are totally different.” He complimented.

“And you… you wore a simple white shirt and short jeans.” I stopped and looked at him closely. “But now, you’re formal, handsome and I don’t know that you had an appeal wearing polo shirts and slacks.” I praised him and at the same time, I laughed.

“Do I look good?” he asked.

“No you’re not…” I answered. He looked bothered trying to fix his clothes and I continued. “You don’t look good, you look on your best.”

He smiled at me and I noticed that he’s more handsome when he smiled freely.

 

I admit, he looked so dazzling on his polo shirt, black slacks and on his shiny leather shoes. His hair was fixed and it looks fit on his face that any person will look at him, will stunned for a few minutes.

 

We arrived at Marco Polo Hotel after an hour. I didn’t know that we’ll have lunch here and I’m lucky that I thought to wear a dress. A man opened the car’s door and T.O.P. went out and he gave a hand to me then I held it without any thought. We walked inside the hotel clinging on his firm left arm. We headed to the Café Marco and a lady showed us our table as we entered. T.O.P. pulled out the chair and I sat then he went to his chair.

 

“Wait, do you want me to get fat?” I asked.

“No. I decided to have lunch here ‘coz I want to know what food you like instead of ordering for you which I actually don’t know what you want to eat.” He answered.

 

I didn’t know that he’s going to take me to buffet or simply termed as ‘Eat-All-You-Can’. If I should have known then I don’t have to wear a dress. My tummy will get big after eating.

 

“So, let’s start?” T.O.P. asked.

 

I nodded and we stood up from our chairs and get a plate. I went to the Japanese cuisine and get a lot of California Maki, Sushi and Sashimi. The smell of a delicious Filipino soup made me take a bowl. Then, I asked the chef to give me a plate of ‘Lechon Baboy’, one of my favorite delicious foods in the whole country. I went back to our table and excited to eat my favorite food. I waited for T.O.P. to get back but the maki is so tempting. So, I eat a mouthful of maki while he wasn’t back on our table. I chew it fast so that he won’t notice that I started eating and drank my glass of water. I fixed myself and my plate like it’s never been touched yet and he can tell that I waited for him and not tempted by the food. A few moments after, he came back and sat on his chair. He looked at me and smiled while I pretend that I didn’t eat anything from my plate.

 

“Oh! You really like Japanese cuisine.” He noticed.

“Yes! I do love their food… so much!” I happily answered.

“Let’s eat.” He said.

 

We started eating and I ate my food formally and with manners. T.O.P. was so formal while eating his food. I noticed that he likes fresh vegetables and chicken. It seems he’s fond with American style. We didn’t talk much while we ate ‘coz I was so busy and feel the delicious taste of maki, sushi and sashimi. If there were Korean cuisine then I will be full.

 

“Done!” T.O.P. suddenly said.

“What? Are you really done?” I asked.

“Yes.”

 

I was surprised that with the food that he got made his tummy full. T.O.P. looked at me while eating and I got conscious so I ate a little bit slower than my eating pace. With being conscious, the meat of the ‘Lechon Baboy’ was flung down the table while I cut it with a table knife. T.O.P. laughed softly and I slowly get the meat from the table. My mind murmured to hurry up but I move slowly because I was conscious that T.O.P. watched me eat.

 

“I’m done.” I blurted out.

“But, you didn’t finish the meat.” He said.

“It’s alright… my tummy is full already.” I lied even knowing that I can still devour that piece of meat.

“Okay, as you said.” He called the lady and asked for our bill. “Where do you want to go next?” he asked.

I thought for a while until I decided to watch a movie. “Let’s watch a movie if it’s okay with you.” I said.

“That’s great! I was thinking the same.” He said happily. “So, what movie do you want to watch…”

“Spiderman.” We said together.

 

We thought of the same movie to watch and we laughed together. It looks like we’re thinking mutually in every way.

 

The lady came and gave our bill. I took my money and gave it to T.O.P. but he said he’d pay for our lunch. I tried to insist but he didn’t accept my money. He paid our lunch and I was shy not giving any contribution on my part.

 

We went out from the café and waited for the car to come. While waiting, I checked my phone I had a new message. I opened it and saw Yoochun’s name then the car arrived and I didn’t read the message. T.O.P. opened the door and I went inside headed to Ayala Center.

 

“Did you enjoy your lunch?” he asked.

“Very!” I answered.

He smiled at me and said; “I know… coz I saw you eating a piece of maki before I came back to our table.”

 

I was so embarrassed that he saw me eating the maki while he was getting his food in the counter. He looked at me but I looked away from me, getting embarrassed. Then, I remember Yoochun’s message and I took my phone and read it. Yoochun sent me an inspirational quote and at the end of his message, his message saying ‘Always stay safe’. T.O.P. was about to look at my phone and I quickly put my phone inside my bag that Yoochun gave me.

 

“You’re hiding something.” He curiously said.

“Not really.” I said.

“So, what are you hiding on your phone? A message … from your boyfriend?” he asked.

“Nope. Just a message from my friend and it’s too personal.” I answered.

 

T.O.P. didn’t ask more questions regarding about it instead he told me his plans about traveling to Boracay or Palawan or anywhere in the Philippines. I also suggested some places to go and he also wanted to.

 

Thirty minutes passed, we arrived at Ayala Center and headed to the cinema at 4th floor. And this time, I insisted to pay for our movie tickets and he tried not to but I gave my money to the cashier right away.

 

“I don’t want my date to pay.” He said.

“Well, I don’t like your motto so be it.” I answered.

 

We took our movie tickets and we went inside the cinema. The staff took our movie tickets and we looked for our seats. It was kind of dark because the movie was about to start. We looked for our seats until I saw it six steps from where we stand. I rushed and I didn’t expect that I misstep because of the heels of my shoes. But, T.O.P. catches me at the back and contemplating what happened to me. I fell on T.O.P.’s chest and his hands on my waist. He pushed me slowly just to get my balance and we walked to our seats.

 

I didn’t say anything after I almost fell. We watched the movie quietly and my right hand on the armrest. Out of a sudden, I asked him how many hours does the movie ran and he answered me two hours or more. The movie was kind of long.

 

Forty-five minutes had passed when I checked on my watch and I was getting bored. There were no fight scenes yet which I waited for the movie. Then I started yawning and T.O.P. asked me if I’m sleepy and I replied him with no. A few minutes, my eyes began to close and I tried not to. I think my ‘After-Eating Syndrome’ started to effect and I …