Bothered Emotions

Intricate Love

I can’t believe that T.O.P. was there for how many minutes, sitting on a stool, and waiting for me. But what surprised me was he’s wearing a white gown and a stethoscope on his right shoulder. He was a doctor and I don’t even know that.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Waiting for you to be done.” He answered.

“I’m still at work and my break is on 12noon, lunch time.”

“Well, I’ll wait. I’m done with my rounds though.” He said.

 

He didn’t even bother to go out and return to his work. I continued my work and asked Dara to do the CBC on those following requests. Daesung was agitated by T.O.P.’s presence in the lab and he also made me conscious. Jessica approached T.O.P. and started a conversation with him. She really had the guts to get the attention of her new targets and she’s targeting T.O.P. now. I didn’t bother to look at and focused on my work and Daesung came near at me.

 

“Do you know him?” he curiously asked.

“Yes.”

“Where did you meet him?” he asked again.

“Can we just focus on our work and let the details be left after the shift?” I pleaded in a manner that I am irritated.

 

Daesung picked up some of the vials that were needed to be label. Jessica was still talking with T.O.P. and I am irritated so, I stopped my work and asked him to come with me. I saw Jessica was caught on my irritation mode and she wanted to sneer at me but I didn’t give her a chance.

 

I took T.O.P. with me in a corner where there are no people who passed by. T.O.P. was smiling when I grabbed him from Jessica.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked him.

“I just wanted to see you.” He answered.

“Last night you surprised me and now, you surprise me again.”

“That’s what I wanted to do, to surprise you.” He said.

 

I closed my eyes my hand touched my head trying to ease myself from being irritated or annoyed. He thinks that I can be good with surprises.

 

“Yes, you did. You surprised me enough but at least you’ll have the gut to tell me that you’re working here as a doctor. Last night was enough and I was happy that you came.” I confessed.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad.”

“I’m not mad. Maybe, it’s a bad timing that we met like this.” I said.

 

He looked at me and never answered back. He felt that I was mad and I didn’t like his surprises. It’s not that I don’t like surprises but making me a fool is another story. I asked him if I can go back to my work and he nodded. I went back inside while he walked out from the building. Things get a little bit difficult right now ‘coz what happened last night didn’t sink in. I still thought that it was a dream and dreams never do come true, but here he was, found me and working in the same corporation. The guilt swirled inside my head and been distributed to all my nerves in my body. I shouldn’t have told him like that. I was rude and I think he was disappointed for what he did.

 

Lunch break came, Dara invited me to eat with her at the cafeteria and I agreed. We went to the cafeteria, bought some food and sat down on an empty table. Not just a few minutes, Daesung joined us without permission and we don’t even care. I’m so hungry from the busy work.

 

“Do you know the guy earlier?” Daesung asked without referring to whom he ask.

 

I know that he asked but I pretended that he asked that question to Dara. Daesung looked pissed and I think because no one answered him. Then Dara spoke and said, “What guy?” she asked him back.

“Oh! I thought you saw him.” Daesung replied looking at me with those cold and angry eyes. Still I decided not to talk about T.O.P. and those things on how we met. “You’re friend, Kioko, has a new boylet and this time, a doctor.” Daesung continued with spear that can pierce you on it.

“I don’t have anything to say from you Daesung. And, you’re not father that I need to tell every thing that happened to my life.” I pointed out glaring at him.

 

The atmosphere became tense so I decided to stand up without finishing my food and went back to the lab. Dara followed me leaving Daesung behind.

 

“Who’s the doctor that Daesung referring too?” Dara asked.

“I’ll tell you after the shift Dara. I need those events in my life to sink in first.” I said.

 

We resumed our worked and continued with those requests. I tried to get busy but T.O.P. bothered me a lot. He came and surprised me even though I can’t believe on what I saw and know. He doesn’t give me harm but I’m the only one who’s trying to harm his intentions which is to see me again. Honestly, I am happy to see him again but I was expecting that night to see Yoochun waiting in front of the apartment’s gate and instead, T.O.P. appeared and he really does. I was the one who made it worst and an apology was needed.

 

For the remaining hours of my shift, I made tests from the collected blood until my shift ended. I decided to say sorry to T.O.P. and let it sink in to my senses. I took my lab gown and put it inside my locker and told Dara that I’ll meet her at my apartment. I took off and went to the building where the private rooms and wards were located. Nurses were busy and some of them in other stations were talking until I heard that one of the nurse mentioned T.O.P.’s name. I asked the nurse and told me where T.O.P. was. There was a sign that no running inside the corridor and I broke that rule, just to catch up to him. And my eyes saw T.O.P.’s back while he was walking and reading the patient’s history. I ran to him and hugged him, tightened my arms on his waist. This is the first time that I touched his body on the waist and he had firm abs.

 

“I’m sorry if I didn’t treat you right last night and earlier. I was surprised and can’t believe that we’ll meet again. I thought that after I went home from Kuala Lumpur, it is impossible for us to meet again. I don’t know where you live and I thought you’ll forget me.” I apologized and confessed.

 

My hands felt his warm hands and unlocked it from my tight grip and turned back. And when I saw him, my eyes got bigger and shocked. The man that I hugged was Donghae!

 

“It’s okay Kioko. Don’t worry, I bet T.O.P. heard all of it.” Donghae said and he pointed to T.O.P. at my back.

 

I looked back and T.O.P. was there, smiling and I know he was holding his laugh.

 

“I need to go.” Donghae said and I heard him chuckled.

 

T.O.P. came forward and closer to me, and he reach out my hand. “It’s alright Kioko. I didn’t know that you’d think it that way. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you anything about me. From now on, I’ll tell you everything. Let’s just forget what happened last night and let’s start it over, okay?” T.O.P. said.

 

I nodded and he embraced me with tears on my face. The memories that I had from Kuala Lumpur were unlocked and I can feel it again. I can feel his warmth and his tenderness. His body buffed ups a little as I felt his arms on my face. He ended the moment with a kiss on my cheek.

 

“Let’s go out tomorrow, Kioko.” He said. “I saw your schedule and you’re off for tomorrow.” He continued.

“Yes, I don’t have work tomorrow. But, I have plans.” I said.

“Well, let me come with you. I want to be with you.”

 

My face blushed and my blood was rushing. I nodded to him and he smiled. I told him that I’ll wait for him but said no. He had many patients to attend and he suggested that I’d need to go home. I took off and waved at him.

 

When I went out from the building, I saw Daesung sitting on the bench near the information counter. I went to him and asked. “What are you doing here?” He looked so furious and his eyes were angry. His glare can kill me any moment and he didn’t answer me so I walked out. I went back to the lab to get my things and I saw Dara and Jessica were still there.

 

“Kioko, I waited for you here since you left your bag so I know you’ll come back..” she said.

“Sorry if I keep you waiting.” I replied. “By the way, I saw Daesung in the new building sitting near the information counter. What’s he doing there?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I saw him running after you ran away from the lab.” She answered.

Jessica suddenly spoke to us. “You’re so dense Kioko. And that’s why, I really despise you!” She came closer and continued. “You always neglected him and I tried ... tried to …”

“Tried to what?” I asked.

“Nothing!” she answered and went off from the lab.

 

Dara looked at her while she walked away and I was been puzzled to what she’s trying to say. I know that she like Daesung so much but why is it that they’re not okay and been bitter to each other? Well, it’s not my problem anymore ‘coz I have mine too.

 

I took my phone from my to checked if there were new messages. There were no new messages but new missed calls. I opened it and Yoochun called me exactly 3pm. I sent a message of an apology to Yoochun and just a few seconds, he replied.

 

Take good care and, I miss you a lot Kioko