My First Kiss

Intricate Love

In a lovely place where there is a table with plates, wine in a bucket, a beautiful assorted color of lilies and daisies, and a candle on a center, I saw myself sitting and talking to a guy that I can’t recognize. The dazzling lights disrupted my sight from him and I can’t see his face. But, it suddenly darkened when a man and woman came in on that beautiful event and it became bloody!

 

The loud noise from the movie and the dream that turns out a tragedy woke me up. I was shocked and I don’t know what to feel. I realized that I slept and my head was on T.O.P.’s left shoulder.

 

“Are you okay, Kioko?” he asked.

 

I didn’t give him a reply for a few seconds ‘coz I was frightened from my tragic dream. Because I was so afraid, I haven’t seen who the guy was, the man and a woman who came in, and what’s the bloody scenario mean. T.O.P. touched my face and came back to my senses.

 

“Yes… I am fine.” I finally responded.

“Do you want to go home?” he asked.

“No, let’s finish the movie.” I answered. “And, I’m really okay.”

 

T.O.P. was having a doubt from my answer so I changed my facial expression and watched the movie. The movie has reached the fighting scenes that makes the loud noises and woke me up. I watched closely on the remaining scenes until it ended.

 

People were exiting the cinema when the credits have been rolled and I still sat down on my seat trying to calm down. The dream kept on popping out from my mind and it scares me a lot. That dream meant something to happen on me but do dreams really come true? I saw the guy, the man and the woman, on blood and I was standing, looking at them lying on the ground. Then, I saw T.O.P.’s face and finally felt the warmth of his hands on my face.

 

“You are not okay, Kioko. Come one, I’ll take you home.” He said.

 

I forgot that he’s with me and he’s been calling out for me from the time I was lost in my thoughts. He took my hand and I stood up, guiding me every step of my way until I managed to get back on my pace. We went out from the cinema and headed to the parking lot while T.O.P. was handling me gently. As we reached the basement area, T.O.P. opened the door for me and I went inside, then he followed. When the car got out from the basement parking, I realized that it’s already evening. I checked on my phone to see the time and it’s 6:30pm. One missed call and three new messages showed in the notification but I ignored it and thought of that dream again.

 

“Are you hungry?” T.O.P. suddenly asked.

“No… and really, I am fine.” I answered without looking at him.

 

Sometimes my dreams came true and sometimes were not. I realized that it was only a dream and nothing tragic that will happen on me or to anyone. The thing is, maybe I dreamt because I ate plenty during lunch. Then, I suddenly asked T.O.P. about dreams.

 

“Dreams are just dreams. They are not meant to happen.” He said and asked me about what I dreamt.

“It’s nothing. My dream was horror.” I lied.

“You don’t need to get serious about your dreams. They are made only by our subconscious mind.” He told.

 

At least I calmed down and relaxed a bit when I talked with T.O.P. about dreams. Along the ride, I diverted the topic on to the movie that we watched which I fell asleep.

 

“You were cute when you fall asleep.” He said.

“No, I am not.” I disagreed.

“Yes you are, especially when you talked about food.” He teased.

“Did I sleep-talking?” I asked.

“Kind of… murmuring about bibimbap.” He answered.

Yes, I saw a bowl of bibimbap in my dream that was on the table. “Ohh! I dreamt about a bibimbap on a nice bowl.” I grouched and I heard him laughed.

 

We reached my apartment after fifteen minutes. T.O.P. hugged me before I went inside the apartment.

 

“Today is the best day that I have because of you. You make my day, Kioko.”

“I also enjoyed our date and thank you for the lunch… and I’m sorry for spacing out in the cinema.” I said.

“That’s okay, Kioko. There’s nothing to say sorry about. All we know is that we had a great time together.”

I smiled at him and gave me a kiss on my cheeks before he went inside the car. He opened the car’s window and wave at me and said, “See you tomorrow.” Then the car took off.

 

When the car was out from my sight, I opened the apartment’s gate. As I was about to close the gat, Daesung appeared blocking the gate with his hand from closing. I was surprised and hold his hand gently.

 

“Are you alright? I was astounded when you popped out from nowhere.” I said.

 

Daesung didn’t answer me and he was looking at me furiously, not thinking the pain of his hand. He pushed the gate wide open and passed through it. I don’t know what happened to him and I saw his anger from his eyes.

 

“Who is Dr. Choi Seunghyun in your life?” he asked indignantly.

“He’s my friend…”

I was going to continue and Daesung interrupted me. “Your friend?”

 

It looks like the conversation was off and I don’t know where it led.

 

“You consider a friend kissing you?” he bellowed.

 

I didn’t answer and I got irritated. I pushed him away but it only took a step backward. He was tough and heavy. But unexpectedly, Daesung pushed himself into me and locked me with his strong arms and Daesung kissed me. My eyes widened from a surprise and I tried to defend myself from him. I tried to release myself from his tight-lock arms on my body but I can’t do it. He’s strong and I can’t get through him. So, I kept on avoiding his lips, slipping on my cheeks while he tried to catch my lips. I don’t know how to stop and tears fell down on my cheeks until he realized that I was crying. He stopped when I cried and his arms unraveled from me. I was helpless!

 

“I love you, Kioko… from the day that I got to know you.” My tears kept on falling while I listened to his words from his filthy mouth. “I was angry when I saw you kissed by the doctor while I was waiting for you. I called you but you didn’t pick up my phone…”

“Leave!” I shouted.

“But, I want to explain…” he demanded.

“No need for explanation.” I slapped him hard and again, I said, “Leave!”

 

Daesung looked at me with his eyes full of regret but it was too late.

 

“I am sorry… Kioko.” He apologized then left.

 

I slammed the gate and went inside to my apartment. My tears were keep on falling and I washed it with water inside the comfort room. I looked at myself on the mirror, feeling a bit disgusted from a man who forced himself to kiss me. Things were going to be different right after what happened. I don’t know if I can forgive him and he told me that he loved me. I fell from his prank before when he asked me if he could be my boyfriend. Daesung was stupid and thinking maliciously on me. If he does love me then he should have tell me in a good way… not like this forcing himself to me.

 

I changed my clothes and washed my face then I lay down on my bed thinking what happened until I fell asleep.

 


 

The next day, my eyes were swollen from crying and I don’t know if I can go to work. I know that he’s already on his way to work so I decided to absent. With nothing to do around 7:30am, I took my breakfast while watching news from the television. My phone alerted and I checked… new message. It’s from Yoochun, another inspirational quote. With my depression and anger that I felt, I hit the call button. Yoochun’s phone was ringing and he didn’t pick up until it ended. Maybe he was on his work. I put away my phone on my bed and started to wash the plates. The weather was hot that made me shower. After I was done, I checked on my phone and nothings new. I wanted to send a message to T.O.P. about what happened last night but I felt awkward and uncomfortable talking about a guy kissing me in front of the apartment. Honestly, Daesung was the first guy to kiss me on my lips.