Winter

Intricate Love

Cheers from the people inside the restaurant supported Yoochun’s proposal and it made me surprised, even a word won’t come out from my mouth. It was too sudden that I haven’t thought of this ‘coz I was expecting of other things. Yoochun held the ring, waiting for my answer that he was too eager to know and I was stuck in surprise. I heard the people saying ‘Say Yes’ and I felt the Yoochun’s nervousness when his hands started to tremble. I remembered that this wasn’t the first but that day he proposed to me before I left him, it the saddest day of my life. In my mind, I don’t want to regret and let this go…

 

“What will it be Kioko?” he asked again.

I smiled and decided to give him my answer. “Yes! Yes!”

 

When I said yes, my heart beats so rapidly, the joy in mind, and felt butterflies in my stomach. Yoochun was so nervouse as I didn’t give him my answer right away and when I did, his face became light, smile on his face that can reach on his ears, and the spark of his eyes that he was too delighted. In his excitement, he hugged me so tightly that he would no longer let me go.

 

“Yoochun…” I whispered.

“Yes Kioko?” he asked.

“My ring.”

“Oh! I’m sorry.”

 

He let go from his tight hug and showed me the diamond ring. He gently put the ring on my ring finger as I felt so bliss in this proposal. The people around us were shuddered in delight when Yoochun slowly put the ring on. I felt my blood were rushing and gave me blushes on my cheeks. The ring has put on my finger, the people made a sound on their wine glasses asking us the seal of the proposal. He came near and kissed me for about more than ten seconds. I can’t explain what I felt when we kissed… it was like yesterday. His passionate kiss made me more in love with him. After, we looked each other I smiled and touched his face that was so warm. I felt his blood rushed in his face and I chuckled.

 

“Why are you giggling?”

“It’s my first time to see you blush.” I answered.

Then, I gave him a hug because I am so happy and finally, I’m engaged and I whispered on his ear, “I love you.”

And he answered back, “I love you more, Kioko.”

 

On our way home, I still shuddered in delight on that proposal as I kept on playing it in my mind. Yoochun’s face was so handsome and full of love that I would never let him go. Even when we walked in the hallway to my apartment unit, I clanged on his arms like a child. We entered the apartment and mother greeted us.

 

“Oh! Why is it that you too are so happy?” she curiously asked.

I wasn’t get over with the proposal yet so I kind of ignored my mother. “She’s having a fairytale moment, mother.” Yoochun answered her.

Suddenly, mother shrieked and took my hand. “O.M.G.! Kyaaaaah!” she screeched like a teenager. “Congratulation to the both of you. I’m so happy.”

I snapped from my playback and saw mother was so happy as she looked at my diamond ring. “I’m engaged mother!” I wanted to jump for joy but I can’t.

“I’m going to the room to change.” Yoochun said.

 

Mother and I had a long talk about the proposal. When I was telling her about it, it felt like I was into it again. I wanted to experience it again and again like a rewind. The whole thing made my night a memorable one and I will never forget this day until I get old.

 

“When is your wedding?” mother asked.

“Mother, I got engaged an hour ago and of course, we haven’t discuss about the wedding.” I answered.

“Oh… but, where would you like to get married?”

“I want the wedding to happen in our hometown but I don’t know if we can go home.” I replied. Mother was in a deep thought and I spoke. “I hope we can go back home.”

 

Mother got excited so she shared some of her ideas for my wedding. She was planning to have a simple wedding, inviting people that were close to us, and had gimmicks too during the reception. Mother was so happy that I’m engaged as she cried and hugged me in her arms that I felt her love from it. She never leaves me in times of my ups and downs, and now, I finally have my wish come true. When mother called it a day, I went inside my room and saw Yoochun was sound asleep. I went near to him and touched his face, and thought of our cat-dog memories. I never thought that I would end up with this man who is now fighting for his life. I can’t stopped crying when I thought of it even though I was so happy but in the end, am I going to be sad. Seeing him full of happiness, I can’t stop myself from loving him and gave him a kiss before I slept.

 

T.O.P. came the next day and Yoochun told him that we were engaged. His brother hugged him and said something while I helped mother preparing our breakfast. Every time T.O.P. is here, he took the responsibility of taking care of Yoochun. I wanted to take care of Yoochun but he won’t let me because I was pregnant and can give me stress so we agreed on this kind of set-up. Days and weeks had passed, I am almost near on my due date so most of my time, I lay down on bed or on couch. Mother resigned from her job and took her time taking care of me. Even though he was sick, Yoochun never failed to comfort me and rub my tummy gently showing that he was so excited for our baby. For such short months, Yoochun’s appearance changed. His face and built became thin, and his hair were far less before he was healthy. I cried when I saw him suffer from pain and tried his best to take care of me too.

 

“Snow is starting to fall.” Mother said as she looked outside the window.

“Yes, mother. December will start after three days from now.” I said.

“Don’t worry mother, I already bought you a gift.” Yoochun said while he stopped reading me a novel.

“You don’t have to. What I wish for Christmas is for you to get well.”

Yoochun smiled at her and spoke, “Thank you, mother.”

 

The doorbell rang and mother opened it. T.O.P. greeted us with cheerfulness and he told us that someone was with him. We didn’t expect anyone to come and visit us then Emily, Donghae, Erika and Sheryl appeared. They scream for joy when they finally saw us and I couldn’t believe that they flew thousand of miles from Philippines just to see us. Emily, Erika, and Sheryl hugged me as they told me how they missed me. Seeing my friends again made my life complete that I can’t explain how I felt. It was a mixed emotion of joy and excitement. They greeted my fiancé too congratulating him that I said yes to him.

 

“I’m sure Kioko was so freaking out at the back of her mind when you proposed.” Erika .

“Shut up, Erika!” I screamed.

“And I know, she prolonged the moment because she’s recording it in her mind and play it back again and again.” Sheryl also .

Yoochun laughed when they told him which was totally true. “Are you here just to tease me, huh?!” I exclaimed.

They laughed so much when I was annoyed and puffed my face. “Come on guys, we’re here to enjoy.” Emily said… and she face Yoochun. “You’re baby is playing with butterflies.” She laughed then the two naughty girls joined her while giving me their teasing face.

 

They really embarrassed me in front of Yoochun like they were exposing my thoughts during the proposal. Mother calmed them down and asked them to help her for lunch. When the girls gone to the kitchen, T.O.P. and Donghae sat down on the couch. The boys began discussing about Yoochun’s treatment but I was lost when they were talking about treating him in the Philippines. My mind was confused so I interrupted and asked them.

 

“Wait, you’re having your treatments here so why are you discussing something treating in our country?”

The two boys didn’t answer me and Yoochun face me, waiting for him to answer. “After a month or two, we’re going back home.” He confessed.

“What?” I shouted. “Why there? There’s no possibility that we can go home because of your condition.”

Yoochun held my hand and said, “This is my wish Kioko. I want to go home and I hope you’ll understand.”

 

He smiled at me while I was completely shocked about his plan or his wishes. They continued discussing about it while I tried to sink in. Going back home is kind of difficult. We don’t know when his illness attack and cried because of pain. Yes, I wanted to go home but, is it okay to go back?

 

“Don’t worry Kioko, Donghae and my brother will help me. Since my illness is still early, I can travel and go back home but I need to endure the pain.” Yoochun assured it to me.

 

I wanted to disagree because I don’t want him to be in a difficult situation but… I can’t let him down too. If going back home makes him happy then all I can do is to support him and never put him down. Yes, I am worried for him but instead of worrying I’ll help him.

 

“Okay, I wanted to go home too.” I said.