The Invitation

Intricate Love

I woke up and it’s a little bit dark outside but when I checked my watch it’s already six in the morning. I was surprised that 6am in Kuala Lumpur is a little bit dark or the dawn is about to break. So I decided to take a shower and prepare myself. The water is cold and it’s a good thing that the shower has a heater. After, I changed clothes and do my make up. While I was facing in the mirror, something inside me bothers a lot. There’s something that I need to say to someone. Suddenly I stopped on putting lipstick and remembered that I haven’t tell T.O.P. about the tour today that Rashid will pick us around nine.

“Waaaaaah!” I screamed inside my room and went out heading to the reception.

“What’s the room number of Mr. Choi Seunghyun? It’s emergency.”

“Ma’am, Mr. Choi is already at the couch.” The receptionist answered and pointed to T.O.P.

He was reading a newspaper and I ran to him. “Rashid will fetch us around nine, today.” I said while I’m catching my breath. He just looked and after a few seconds, he laughed. I don’t know why he laughed and my blood started to boil.

“What’s so funny Mr. Choi?” I asked madly. He didn’t reply and still laughing at me. I walked away from him and he called.

“Look yourself on the mirror. You’ll know why I can’t stop laughing.”

I looked back and glared at him like it can pierce his heart. I went back to my room, murmuring to myself about why he laughed at me. I was so frustrated and can’t let his LOL go. I sat down on the chair and I saw myself on the mirror. And again, I screamed.

I had a of a lipstick on my face. I was so ashamed of myself running down the hall to the reception. People out there saw me with my silly face and among those people, T.O.P. was the worst. I fixed myself and undo my make-up. I made it simple by putting a BB Cream on my face, light pink lipstick, and eyebrows. I looked at my watch and it’s eight o’clock.

I went down to the lobby and saw T.O.P. smiling at me. I ignored him and headed to the restaurant for my free breakfast. I tried to maintain my diet but I can’t. I really love to eat. I sat on the corner facing the outside and ate my breakfast with a cup of hot tea. Just out of the blue, T.O.P. joined me with his American style breakfast, vegie salad, bread and tea. I looked at him and divert my sight to a person who is eating some strange food.

“I’m sorry I laughed at you but I really can’t help it.” T.O.P. suddenly apologized to me. “I hope you’re not mad so we can make our tour memorable.”

I sip my hot tea and finished my food. I looked at him and smiled. I don’t want to spoil my tour here in Kuala Lumpur and I need to take pictures for keepsakes too. T.O.P. get his iPhone and started texting, I guess, facing his phone to me and suddenly, I heard a shutter while I was looking outside.

“Don’t you dare keep that photo in your phone or else you’ll see a flying phone.” I threatened him.

“No, it’s just for my contact photo.” He said and he gave his phone to me. “Give me your number.”

I looked at him closely and he smiled. I took his phone and input my local number. I gave his phone back and he saved it. “Thanks.” He said. I saw a van stopped by and Rashid waving at us. T.O.P. and I went out and got in the van.

“Good morning! How was your sleep?” Rashid asked delightedly.

“Good!” I answered.

“I had a nice sleep after a dinner.” T.O.P. said in amusement way.

“Okay, so we’re going to visit the known famous places here in Kuala Lumpur.” Rashid said.

The van started and went through the roads. No traffic and everything were smooth. Once again, I saw the Petronas Tower and started to take pictures with my phone. I didn’t listen to what Rashid was saying ‘coz I’m so happy and excited to see the Petronas Tower up close. T.O.P. was calm and silent and just looking the outside. Well, who cares! As long as I enjoy this, I’m going to be fulfilled.

We had our first stop somewhere like a park ‘coz we can’t get close to the tower as what Rashid said. I was kind of disappointed but still happy to see the tower a little bit close. T.O.P. called me to take some pictures and I hesitated. But at the end, Rashid offered to be the one who’ll take us a picture with the tower as our background. T.O.P. gave his DSLR camera and rushed to me.

“At least we’ve got a picture together, Kioko.” He said.

“Yeah, for keepsakes.”

Rashid took a lot of pictures with different poses such as my favorite pose, the wacky. I know T.O.P. isn’t comfortable with the wacky but he still gave his silly pose with me. We laughed together when we saw our pictures.

We went back to the van and had our second stop at the King’s Palace. There were many people out there mostly Koreans who were doing their poses for pictures. And again, Rashid took us a picture with the King’s Palace Gates, and the Guards on the horse that is on duty.

We enjoyed taking pictures and do our silly poses every time we had a stop. Our third stop was at the Kuala Lumpur Gallery then at the Independence Square for the fourth stop and lastly at the National Monument. Even though we were under the heat of the sun and covered with sweat, our excitement and funny poses weren’t interrupted.

Inside the van heading to a restaurant for lunch break, T.O.P. asked Rashid on how to go to the Petronas Tower. Rashid answered him with some directions and what train to ride and which stations to stop. I’m editing my pictures for Instagram while listening to their conversation. Just after I edited my pictures, the van stopped and arrived at the restaurant. We went out and walked a little to the restaurant.

I sat down for a while and rested. “I’ll get you food.” T.O.P. offered. “Just chicken and vegetable please.” I requested. He smiled and went to the counter to get food. Few minutes past, he served my food and we started eating until I ate two pieces of chili from my dish. I tried resisting the spiciness of the chili and I went closely to T.O.P.’s right ear.

“Give me some cold water.” I whispered. T.O.P. called someone to serve us cold water. I’ve waited but it seems my tongue can’t take it anymore so I stood up and ran to the faucet, opening my mouth on flowing water. I touched my tongue with fingers again and again and T.O.P. was helping me. He got me tissue for me to wipe out the water from my mouth.

“Spicy?” he asked me and I nod. But I saw him smirked at me. We head back to the table and finished our food then paid our bills.

Rashid told us that we should visit the Chocolate Factory and the Souvenir Shop. We walked a few meters away from the restaurant. First, we went to the Chocolate Factory and tasted the free samples of different flavored chocolates. I grabbed two packs of chocolates only and enjoyed the rest of the chocolates by tasting it. T.O.P. had two baskets of different flavored chocolate packs. I went ahead to the cashier and paid my goodies then waited for him to finish. I waited outside the shop and took a selfie picture with the logo. A few minutes, T.O.P. went out with two boxes.

“Are those for your families and friends?” I asked. He just smiled and walked back to the van then I followed.

Rashid took us to the souvenir shop and I bought postcards, keychains and a miniature of Petronas Tower. T.O.P. bought plenty of souvenirs such as clothes, keychains, miniatures, and a painting. I didn’t even bother to ask him for those souvenirs to which he was going to give it. We head back to van and Rashid told us that we’re going back to the hotel.

I went inside the van first and sat at the back of the drivers seat. I fixed my goodies and souvenirs beside me then T.O.P. get my stuffs and he put it at the back together with his stuffs and he sat beside me. It was awkward but when I saw him, he didn’t even showed any awkwardness sitting beside me.  Rashid started the engine and headed back to the hotel. Just after the two traffic lights that we crossed, T.O.P. asked me.

“Will you go with me to the Petronas Tower?”