Resolution

Intricate Love

His lips touched mine and it was sweet like cherry. I pulled myself slowly from him and I stared at his eyes. Yoochun was all I can see and my heart hasn’t settled yet. It beats fast when I’m together with him. The wind blew and my hair was blown away. On this moment, I was filled from an empty shell just like the sea, when at night you can see it empty but when the day comes, it is filled with beautiful things in this world. I savor each touch of Yoochun and the joy that we felt overwhelmed us. Then, we decided to sit on the sand and started a conversation.

 

“What are you doing here, Yoochun?” I asked.

“To get you.” He said.

“Seriously? What I mean is why are you really here?” I repeated my question.

Yoochun gazed on the pitched dark sky and answered. “I am here because T.O.P. was serious about you. Last night we talked, it didn’t go well and he will do everything just to make you his girl.”

“I thought T.O.P. was mad at me when he saw us together in front of the apartment’s gate.” I told.

“We went back to Manila to discuss about what I said and he got furious when I told him that I love you.” He admitted. “After we talked with rage and packed his things, he went back to Cebu.”

“Then how did you know that we are here?” I questioned.

“I got an odd feeling that he will do something stupid so I called at the laboratory and found out that you already left from your graveyard shift which I thought you’ll be coming to work this morning.” He shared. “But luck is on my side when the pilot of my father’s private plane called at our house and I was the one who picked it up. That’s how I know you were here with T.O.P.”

 

When Yoochun shared about my sudden vacation, I realized that T.O.P. and him misunderstood each other. I haven’t witness on how they talk to each other but when they had a chance, glares and rage filled the atmosphere.

 

“But… what are we going to do Yoochun? I mean, our relationship is complicated.” I said.

“I will wait for my father to come home from Hongkong then I’ll announce the engagement is off.” He stated.

“With our relationship, we will hurt many people especially your brother and Tiffany.” I said.

“Tiffany didn’t love me. We were forced to do it because of business.” He confessed.

“But, we she might love you.” I insisted.

“Tiffany loves my brother and because of our engagement I gave more pain to T.O.P. Honestly, I regret that I did that to T.O.P. ‘coz I know I was so childish that I wanted my freedom and got jealous from his freedom. The moment that he swore to me how he loves you, I know now what he really feels when I stole Tiffany from him, like I’m going crazy or dying.”

 

Deep inside of Yoochun was caring person but he doesn’t realize that he loves his brother. With the regret that he felt, I get to know him more like an ordinary people not a businessman who was a puppet of his father. But, I am worried of what will happen tomorrow and the coming days. I got myself in a tough and complicated situation, loving a man who already had a fiancé, and his brother who also confessed his love to me. We talked about our relationship and the worries that I felt about it but he told me that don’t think of the future, just live in present. About a few talks that we had, I realized the time was getting late so we decided to go back to our room.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow night.” Yoochun said and I nodded then he kissed me on my cheeks this time before we went on our separate ways.

 

As I entered the hotel that I was staying, I saw T.O.P. rushing down the stairs and he saw me. He suddenly hugged me when he got his feet on the ground. I wondered why so I asked.

 

“What happen?”

“I thought you were lost. I didn’t saw you in your room.” He answered.

“I just went out and took some fresh air.”

 

He released me from his tight hug and I can tell that he was really worried. We went back to our room and he offered me some coffee or juice. I denied his offer and headed to my room. Before I closed the door, T.O.P. asked me something.

 

“Kioko, do you love me?”

 

On that moment, I don’t know how should I answer him knowing that my heart beats for Yoochun. If I were going to tell him then an outrage will happen from him towards his brother. As long as he doesn’t know yet, I’ll try to avoid such topic like this.

 

“In my heart, I know I love you but I still don’t know what kind of love.” I answered then I closed the door, lay down on my bed and fell asleep.

 


 

The second day of our vacation, the weather was a little bit sunny but I saw some big nimbus clouds that would bring rain. My morning was beautiful knowing that Yoochun and I were in love but sometimes I worried about the coming days. I took off from my bed, showered, and prepared myself for another fun. I wore my favorite a light white dress and let my hair flow down. Few minutes passed, T.O.P. knocked on my door.

 

“Kioko, are you ready?” he asked.

“Yes, I am. I’m going out now.” I responded.

 

I opened the door and saw T.O.P. waiting for me. His face was shocked or maybe surprised to see me and I wondered what he thought about then he snapped out. He told me that we were going to the market to buy some fresh fish for lunch because he wanted to try fish grilling. We went on the road and took a motorcycle. T.O.P. approached the driver and talked then I saw him giving his money to the driver. He called me to come to him and I did.

 

“Let’s go for a joyride.” He said.

“What? You’re paying him for his motorcycle to have a joyride?” I asked.

“Yes! ‘Coz I want to tour you around so hop on.” He said.

 

Since he already paid for the motorcycle so it leaves me no choice and I hopped on. I sat like a fine lady because I’m wearing a dress and I tucked my arms on T.O.P.’s waist then he started driving. Boracay is a fine island where people lived in a simple life where they already have what they need. Everything was green and preserved especially their famous beach. We took some time sightseeing while were on the road until we found a marketplace then he stopped.

T.O.P. parked the motorcycle in a safe place then we went inside the marketplace. There were plenty of fishes, crabs, shrimps, and other sea creatures. T.O.P. looked for a blue marlin fish and as I saw him walking inside this smelly place, he broke my beliefs that rich people won’t get inside to this stinky place and it made me smile. I usually went to this kind of place back in my hometown every time my father asked me for an errand. Who would have thought the T.O.P. was so comfortable like ordinary people and I thought about Yoochun going in this kind of place.

 

Does he act like T.O.P. does? Well, I hope he does.

 

I looked for around for different counters until I saw a fresh blue marlin fish. I called out T.O.P. that I found one and he rushed, asking how much was the kilo and so and so… lucky for him, the lady gave us some extra. After we bought, we drove back to the hotel and T.O.P. started to make a fire for grilling while I prepared and seasoned the fish. T.O.P. finally made a fire and I put the fish in it then with a glimpse, I saw Yoochun from afar watching me without T.O.P. knowing. Yoochun mouthed some words.

 

I Love You.

 

I wanted to reply but I don’t want to risk it because T.O.P. was with me and busy grilling the fish so I pretended that I haven’t saw him. I just hope he understand why. While the fish was on the grill, T.O.P. started a conversation.

 

“Kioko, I really want to know. Do you love my brother?” he questioned.

 

In that moment, I don’t know what to answer because I worried when he found out that I already had a relationship with his brother… last night.

 

“T.O.P., I don’t want to answer that because…”

“Because, I’ll get hurt?” he interjected.

“Yes… but I…”

“I don’t care if you love my brother as long as you’re not in relationship ‘coz I’ll try my best for you love me.” He said.

“T.O.P., I don’t want to tell you this but honestly, I love you… I love you as my brother.” I admitted.

“But that will change when time permitted, right?”

“I don’t know what time will lead us. As for today, I love your brother Yoochun.” I answered.

 

I saw in his face that he was dismayed but then, he smiled at me like the T.O.P. that I know. That was hard to admit but I really need to ‘coz I don’t want to give him false hopes. When the fish was cooked, he put some fish meat on my plate and when I looked at him, he wasn’t bothered on what I told him. I ate the fish meat but T.O.P. was eating plenty and I understood why. It wasn’t easy for him to be dumped.

 

As I am done with my plate, I went back to my room while T.O.P. took a walk near the shore. I the TV and checked my phone for any new messages. When I opened my inbox, I saw Yoochun’s message and read it. He sent me a message saying ‘I Love You’ and replied the same as his. I watched the TV, switching between two channels, KBS Channel and MBC, because there were two dramas that were beautiful to watch until I fell asleep.

 


 

In my deep sleep, I felt that someone shook me trying to wake me up but I am so sleepy to wake up. When I opened my eyes, T.O.P. was there and he told me to get up ‘coz we need to have dinner and watched some fire dancing. I wondered if I slept too long ‘coz when I heard dinner it means, I did. I’m such a sleepyhead. I took off from my bed, washed my face, fixed my hair then we headed outside and dined in at some fine buffet with lots of seafoods. But this time, I paid the buffet. The foods were delicious especially the crabs, oysters and shrimps and I ate plenty of it as well as T.O.P. who was so happy having conversation while eating. I’m happy that he accepted my answer during lunch.

 

We went out the buffet area after we were done and we headed to a fire dance a few meters away. We watched the dancers dancing with fire the lights up the dark. As I was watching, I noticed Yoochun at the back of the crowd just opposite from where we stand. I just hope that T.O.P. didn’t notice him and if he does, I don’t know what will happen. After the dance, I asked T.O.P. to go back to the room but he insisted to stay out for a while then he bought some ice cream bar in a mini-store. He gave me one and ate it while looking around for Yoochun. I am glad that he went off right away and it calmed me.

 

“Why are you uneasy?” T.O.P. asked.

“No, I’m not…” he looked at me curiously and I gave in with a lie. “I’m uneasy because tomorrow is Sunday and I have a meeting with the staffs. I’ll miss something important regarding work.”

“It’s alright, I let Dara take down notes for you for any changes or any important facts so enjoy the night.” He said amusingly.

 

Here again, I lied to him and I can’t even tell him the truth that I already had a relationship with his brother. This made me worried.

 

We took a walk near a shore and he found a shell that was white and beautiful. He gave it to me for keepsake.

 

“Thank you, Kioko that you told me what you feel about me and to my brother. Honestly, I am mad but who I am to teach you to love me.” He said. “I already know Kioko.”

I wondered what he knew so I asked. “Know what?”

“You and my brother are in relationship.” He replied.

 

‘Oh no! How did he know that?’

 

“I saw you looking to someone while we grilled the fish and when I looked to where you looked at, I saw my brother. That’s why I asked you if you love my brother. And tonight, I saw him at the back of the crowd watching you and so as you.” He admitted.

As I looked at him, his face was sad like a child that I wanted to comfort him but I can’t because I already hurt him. “I’m sorry T.O.P., I wanted to tell you but I worried on how you will react. Yes, we met last night and I finally figured out my feelings for the both of you and that is Yoochun who I love most.” I confessed.

“It’s alright Kioko. I realized that I don’t want to do what he did to me before. And one thing, I already had the answer on what you said to me yesterday…”

“Which one?” I asked.

“That there’s something that money cannot buy and I figured it out… my love for my brother and for you.” He finally realized it and despite from hurting him, he managed to be composed. “I love you Kioko and for me to keep you is I’m letting you go.”

Tears fell down through my cheeks because I felt the pain that he felt and besides, I also love T.O.P. “Letting me go is the only option that you have for you to keep our friendship. No matter what happens, I’ll be here for you when your ups and down.”

 

I hugged T.O.P. tightly and we finally breathe from the truth. He accepted it and we remained friends. I am happy that he’s matured enough to handle this case and I know for the time being, T.O.P. felt the pain and sooner, he will get through it. Then we release each other from that tight hug.

 

“Go now, I know he’s waiting for you. Tell my brother that I do this because I realized that I love him too.” He said.

 

I nodded then he walked back to the hotel and I know he prolonged the tears that were supposed to be shed. Right now, in my mind, was to find my love, Yoochun. I looked at him around the area, walked to the shore, to the restobar, to the shows from afar, but I still cannot find him. With so many people around, I can’t see him and it made me longing for him. Through this crowd, I decided to walk back and hope that I can see him until someone grabbed my hand and pulled me into.

 

“Yoochun!” I said while catching my breath.

“Finally, I got you.” He said and we kissed.