Forever

Intricate Love

The day has come that I had to walk to the altar with my mother. On the 11th of September, I am preparing for my wedding. I’m going to get married with my beloved Yoochun. We decided to have a simple wedding with the people that were close to us and witnessed our love story. My mother was with me in my room in preparation on my wedding. My simple yet elegant wedding dress, shoes, veil, bouquet were all ready on my bed. I didn’t put too much make-up ‘coz I don’t want it to be exaggerated. I’m only there to seal our love in witness by God. I was too excited to get marry that I wore my dress right away the make-up was done. Mother helped me with everything till I was ready to go. I went inside the bridal car with my mother heading to the church where my fiancé was waiting. In my hometown’s church that was decorated with white flowers made the event pure. We arrived on time and I calmed myself as I felt my heart was racing. I told to myself that this is it…

 

When my maid of honors, my three girl friends, opened the door and told me it’s about time. As I stepped out from the car, it was only I and my friends were left behind. They embraced me so tightly that they were too excited and happy for me. I haven’t seen my husband-to-be since last night. My friends had finally do their ramp on the aisle of the church and finally, I am about to walk the aisle to the altar.

 

I was at the door, I felt nervous, my heart was racing like I can’t breathe and saw Yoochun near the front row seats waiting for me but… he was standing. He really was standing and he did it for me. My mother told me that she will go ahead and I don’t know why. But… I was focused on Yoochun, in his state now, he can barely stand or walk and he relied to his wheelchair as his mobility. I haven’t took a step since I was at the door ‘coz I cried so much for Yoochun that he endured his condition. He was too fragile, thin, and hairless, and the priest allowed him to wear his bonnet. It was too painful to watch him tried so hard for the sake of me that I won’t forget this moment that in sickness and death, he was still there for me, standing. With my heart racing and felt too much pain too, I took a step and walked slowly and a few meter away from the door, I ran the aisle to the altar ‘coz I don’t want him to be burden and enduring his illness. I ran as fast as I could, held my wedding dress up while I was crying. And as soon as I reached him, I hugged him and cried so much. He hugged me back, rubbing my back and told me that he was okay. I knew he wasn’t okay but he really tried. T.O.P. assisted his brother as we headed in front of the priest. The priest told Yoochun to just sit on his wheelchair but he won’t so I hold him tightly so that he won’t fall. In Yoochun’s face, he was so very happy and kept on smiling even during the ceremony. I wasn’t too calm during the ceremony coz a mixed emotion of pain and happiness kept me strong. The ceremony ended after an hour and headed to the reception. It went well and joyful but the remaining days, weeks and months will no longer be joyful.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoochun’s condition got worst after four months we got married. He was still good during our wedding day but after a month, he kept on vomiting and crying for pain. I took care of everything for Yoochun and I left Ji Yong to my mother. Everyday, he got bad each day. He loses weight and became thin and bones became more prominent. When the time that he wasn’t able to get up on his own and his bedridden, I was so scared that any time of the day he would pass away. But kept on smiling, giving me some courage to hold on but in his condition my emotions got weak. I cried secretly inside the restroom ‘coz it pains me to death seeing him suffer.

 

Then one day, on the month of February, Yoochun wished to go to the beach to get some fresh air and we grant it. T.O.P. came along with us to help my brother and left us alone when we got there. I took him near the shore, pushing his wheelchair, and sat on the sand. Yoochun took my hand trembling ‘coz he had no strength to move.

 

“I am happy that I met you. Even though we got separated, I never missed to think of you each day. When I was hospitalized after I didn’t eat for how many weeks right after you left, that’s the time that my whole life went down and lose hope.” He said while the waves were crashing on the shore and the wind was howling.

 

He was talking about the past and how he knew about his illness, which I failed to ask. I was happy that he shared some of his past while we were on the beach.

 

“When T.O.P. called me about our baby, I was too happy and at the same time I was sad. I intended to disown or not to claim that the baby was mine because I knew at the end, I’ll die.”

I was surprised when he said the word die and I got frantic about it. “Hush! Let’s not talk about death okay? Let’s make this one a memory.” I said but I got the hint that this would be the day.

“Kioko, I wanted to live long with you till we got grey hair but I can’t do it anymore.” I was holding my tears and tried not to cry, as he was about to say his farewell to me. It hurts! it really hurt! “But, you’ll always remember that I always love you.” He said.

I knelt down and face him. “I also love you Yoochun, forever.” It pains me to say but that’s what I really felt. I kissed him and he held my hand and he said. “I am tired now… I want to rest.”

 

When he said those words, I knew that he really wanted to rest so I kept on holding his hand and leaned my head on the armrest of the wheel chair. I can still feel his warm and his trying to grip my hand. I don’t know what my emotions were. It was all mixed up. In that exact moment, I was crying and was talking about our past, on how we met, and how happy I was when he kissed me for the first time, until his hand let go from mine. I took his hand and it was cold. The warmth has gone and I want to deny it but… my beloved has passed away. I don’t want to accept it but death is inevitable.

 

T.O.P. came and saw me in a depressed state then he looked at his brother and he cried. T.O.P. cried so much ‘coz he didn’t even say goodbye to him and I was sitting there on the shore, shocked and depressed.

 

Our family gave him a decent wake for four days for us to mourn. I never went home and just stayed in the chapel with Yoochun’s wake. I kept on crying like there’s no end. I haven’t recognized paid a visit and gave their condolences to our family. Every thing in that moment, I was nothing. I was depressed and can’t accept the fact that my husband was gone for good. I tried to smile every time I looked at him but my tears kept on falling.

 

February 24, our family has finally buried him and gave him peace. I don’t know how to cope up with my life and even we went home, I was so depressed and felt more pain in my heart until our little Ji Yong cried. That was the first time I heard little Ji Yong cried since his father died. I realized that my life isn’t over yet ‘coz I know deep in my heart, Yoochun will guide us. Finally on that day, I carried my little Ji Yong in my arms and give all my love to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a roller coaster life for me. I loved and loved me back. Experienced things that were difficult to handle and yet I survived. Giving birth to my little Ji Yong and now he is five-years-old, go to school and make friends. My friends already pursue their career and were successful. Father’s new international hotel business was a blast and they always featured in a magazine. Emily got married and happy in her married life with two children. T.O.P. became an oncologist and he was popular with the nurses and even to girls. Sometimes, he got interviews in a health talk show and I can see that he really pursue that dream to help those people who had cancer. Mother was happy in her successful business in our hometown.

 

Everyone has a better life as we move on. Today, I am now a well-known chef in the country. I pursue my dreams to become a chef. Father helped me finished culinary and that is why his hotels were a blast because of buffet in the restaurant that originally all my recipes. I am working now in one of the hotels that Yoochun built up, in Shangri-La. Good years came to us and we were all successful. Father visited us here in Cebu twice in a month and our little naughty Ji Yong always looking forward for his grandpa to come.

 

But all the success, I missed one person, my beloved Yoochun. I knew that he’s always there for us. And every 24th of February, I always go to the beach with a bouquet of white roses for him. How many years had passed, Yoochun is always my one and only husband. I never got married again ‘coz I always cling on to all our memories and of course, Yoochun, you always stay in my heart… FOREVER.

 


THE END


HELLO EVERYONE!

I am up to the last chapter of my debut fanfiction story "INTRICATE LOVE" and I'm so thankful to the readers that you kept on reading my story. It is such an amazing thing that I ended up the story in a little bit tragic way and I hope you do like it as I like it too.

I would like to thank my precious and best of friends, KIOKO_HIHARA, who introduced me to ASIANFANFICS site. Because of her I started this story using her pen-name as the lead character of the story. I'm so grateful that she always looked forward to every updates that I made and so I thank you very much.

And lastly, I already started my second and new story that will be publish here in ASIANFANFICS very soon. I hope you'll look forward to it for a new twist and romantic-fantasy story, "WASURENAIDE" (Don't Forget Me).

Stay tuned for the PROLOGUE of WASURENAIDE (Dont' Forget Me).

 

Once again, thank you very much.

 

Sincerely Yours,

iamzehnre