Finding Resolution

Intricate Love

My head is heavy like there’s a block on it and I can feel an ache too when I was about to wake up. I opened my eyes and enthralled when I found myself in a luxurious room, lying on a fragrant pillows and sheets on the bed. The aroma of a coffee caught my attention. I hopped from my bed and followed the source of the coffee’s aroma. I opened the door, the television was on, and saw a cup of coffee on the bar section. My feet brought me to the area and wanted to drink it to relief myself.

 

“Drink it!” a voice startled me.

 

I turned my back and saw the devil again in a black shirt and pajama while walking to the couch, sat down and watched the TV. I forgot about him and …

 

‘By the way, what happened after I passed out?’

 

I checked my clothes and thank God nothing’s changed. I don’t feel anything strange too.

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t do anything.” He confirmed. “You passed out after you drank the wine. I carried you to the bed and I was watching a show until now.”

 

I took the cup of coffee and decided to join him in the sofa. He didn’t look at me as I sat on the other couch. I sipped a little and it was bitter. I drank the coffee and he poured a glass of water and handed it to me. I took the glass and drank till the last drop of it. The atmosphere was kind of blank and I wanted to thank him and say my sorry too.

 

“Ahmm,” I tried to crack the silence except the sounds of the TV. “Thank you for the lunch and I’m also sorry for what I’ve done in the taxi.”

“You’re welcome.” He answered. “But… apology isn’t accepted.” He rejected.

 

I got furious again when he rejected my apology and it was a sincere apology. I tell myself that I need to keep cool and modest. If not, another fight will happen again.

 

“How can you forgive if you won’t accept my apology?” I asked and eaten my pride.

“Simple.” He answered. “What time is your after-shift tomorrow?” he asked, bossing me around.

“7am to 3pm.” I answered fast.

“Vacant your time from 3pm onwards.” He said.

“But, I have a …” I tried to disagree and he glared at me. I was astonished and didn’t continue the sentence.

 

He was serious and I was terrified when he glared at me. I don’t know what he thinks for tomorrow and all I have to pray is that I don’t want any mishaps with him. I stood up and washed the cup.

 

“I prepared a car for you. My driver will take you home. Just give him the address.” He informed. “And else, you’re dinner is inside the car. You eat it when you arrive home.”

 

He turned off the TV and went inside the room where I slept. I think he’s going to sleep and I saw from his face that he was so tired today and heard a click from the door. He locked the door so he doesn’t want to be disturbed. I look at the clock and it’s almost 6pm. I picked up my bag and took a paper and pen, leaving a note for him.

 

‘I am sorry. I didn’t mean to slap your face. I hope tomorrow, you and I can find a resolve and be okay. See you soon. Goodnight!’

 

I left my note on the table, grabbed my bag on the shelf and went out. The man in a suit was waiting for me to come out and he led the way to the car.

 

“Excuse me mister, can I have your name please?” I asked.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun.” He answered.

“Can I ask you, Mr. Kim?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Who is Yoochun? I mean, who is he that he has guards or security?” I questioned.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat before he answered me. “His family is the owner of this hotel. Those guards serve as his protection.”

 

I was astounded on what I know. The one who returned my organizer and the devil that I slapped is the owner of this hotel??? Crap! I thought he’s just a businessman, JUST a businessman… but I was wrong… NOT JUST A BUSINESSMAN BUT ALSO THE OWNER OF THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

I was an idiot! His appearance was so obvious but my mind is too shallow to notice it that he’s a famous businessman and bachelor. I heard that he has a fiancé when news flashed it a week ago. I don’t know what to say! He’s a big time!

 

“Miss Kioko, the car is ready. Your dinner was packed a few minutes ago and hope you’ll eat it.” Mr. Kim said.

“I will, Mr. Kim.” I replied. I went inside the car and opened the car window. “Goodbye and thank you, Mr. Kim.”

 

The car ran and I checked the packed dinner.

 

 


An hour and thirty minutes later, I arrived at my apartment safely. I opened the packed dinner and was drooling with the California makis, kimbab, sushi, sashimi and bibimbap. My eyes were sparkling when I saw all of this. I took my personal chopstick and said.

 

“ITADAKIMASU!”

 

I was so happy that I can eat it again after my joyous lunch at Shangri-La. My feast was perfect and all my favorites were on my plate. I finished all of them and felt so blessed with the yummy foods that I ate. My tummy is so happy and I’m started to feel sleepy. I put away the trash and took my phone from the bag. There were nineteen messages, from Emily, Sheryl and Erika; also Dara sent me two messages and Daesung. Emily wanted to meet with us ‘coz she has something to say. I replied that I couldn’t make it tomorrow because of Yoochun who wanted to vacant my time after shift and fell asleep.

 

Friday morning was a bit gloomy. I wondered if it would rain so I secured an umbrella on my bag. I came in early for my duty and I’m with Dara and Daesung for today’s shift. Daesung didn’t greet me so I ignored while Dara said her greetings to me.

 

“I thought you were sick yesterday.” Dara said.

I came closer to her and whispered on her ear, “Actually, I woke up late.” Then we giggled.

 

Dara and I helped each other whenever we’re on the same shift. While working, Dara and I talked a lot and that makes my work a lighter.

 

Two hours passed, I heard Jessica calling me out and I asked why.

 

“You have a delivery and you need to receive it.” She said.

 

I went out from the lab to get the delivery. Maybe it’s the delivery that I bought online a week ago. I walked fast and excited to receive it but I saw the deliveryman holding a bouquet of flowers. He told me to sign the paper and he gave the bouquet to me. Girls from work were screaming and asking me who delivered it. I saw Jessica’s smile were so wide from ear to ear. There was a card message and I read it.

 

I received your note. Don’t forget to vacant your time after your shift. I’ll be there soon.

Yoochun.

 

After I read the card, I crumpled it in my hand so that no one can see the message. Daesung was at the door looking and he went in when I noticed him. I went inside the lab and put the bouquet on the table but the card was in my hand. I put the crumpled paper on my lab gown’s pocket. Dara asked me about the bouquet but I didn’t answer. I work and work until the time passed by.

 

Time was two-thirty o’clock in the afternoon and I’m not yet done with the request. Dara told me that let the next shift handle it. I arrange the vials, and double-checked it. I heard the lab’s door was opened and there were girls screaming.

 

“Kioko!” a man's voice called out my name and it’s familiar. The screaming ended when they heard my name.

 

I looked back and Yoochun walked towards me. He grabbed my right hand, then to the table taking my bag and the bouquet, and then walked out from the lab with my gown.

 

“Yoochun, stop!” I shouted. He stopped and people were looking at us and I was so embarrassed. “I’m still on-duty.” I said.

“I already told the head of the department to let you off at this time.” Yoochun started walking and I was dragged because I wasn’t able to let go from his hands.

 

The car was ready and he opened the door. I went inside and he followed.