Saranghae

Intricate Love

The sun was too bright, the wind blew, and the smell of the sea witnessed the moment when the person turned to me. The waves crashed on the shore and it reached my feet while I was staring and surprised. I haven’t thought that this beautiful place would made me stunned by the man in front of me.

 

“You? You’re the one who send me here.” I asked and confused on what to asked next.

“Yes, I am.”

 

I don’t know how T.O.P. did this to me, sedated me, well actually Emily did, sent me in Boracay and I wondered how did I get inside the plane. Too many questions to ask but I don’t know which of those I would like to asked.

 

“In behalf of Emily and your friends, I’m sorry. I planned all this to have time alone with you.” T.O.P. said.

“You know what you did? I have work tonight then you send me here just to be with me, alone?” I furiously asked.

 

The surprised became anger and I wanted to hit him, kick him and pinch his ears but I don’t have a choice. My blood boils and my hair all over my body stood up like a cat that is mad.

 

“Do not worry Kioko. Everything was settled. I already called your supervisor and paid the hours of your three shifts for this week.” He affirmed.

“What? You’re such a spoiled brat Mr. Choi Seunghyun!” I yelled and was surprised when I called out his complete name.

 

T.O.P. laughed and I don’t know why he laughed. Maybe he laughed at me because I call him in his complete name or I looked like a cat that was ready for a fight with a dog then he stopped.

 

“I did that because every time I wanted to go out with you, my brother had always the chance. So I planned it out to pay your hours just to be with me for three days.” He said amusingly.

“THREE DAYS!!!” I shouted. “Oh! No! I have a meeting on Sunday with the sisters and…”

“I also settled that one.” He interjected.

“But, this is…”

Suddenly, he shut me out with the touch of his index finger on my mouth. “No more buts Kioko. Please, just spend time with me and also I ask for your forgiveness on what happened during the event.” He pleaded.

 

In my heart, I don’t feel the pain anymore because it already subsided when Yoochun asked for my forgiveness and it was over. I looked at T.O.P. and I can see in his eyes that he was sincere.

 

“Alright, I forgive.” I said.

 

Then out of the blue, he hugged me tightly and felt his warmth and happiness. The warmth that I felt from T.O.P. was different from the warmth of Yoochun. T.O.P.’s warmth was something a mixture of an ice and fire like you can’t combine the two because obviously, ice will melt on fire. There was something that T.O.P. was hiding from me.

T.O.P. released me from his embrace and he asked if I was hungry then my tummy answered him with a big growl. He laughed when he heard it and I was embarrassed.

 

‘Stupid tummy’

 

He held my hand and walked towards on a beautiful area where there were beautiful petals of red roses around the table with a three pink roses inside the white flower vase and two waiters waiting for us. When we were still heading to that place, I felt T.O.P.’s hand was cold then I thought maybe he was nervous or it’s because the wind. He looked at me I saw his big smile that meant he was so happy. I am happy but I felt something different like there’s something going to happen. I touched my chest where my heart lies and felt the rapid beating of it. This feeling bothered me and I don’t know what it means.

We finally reached the place and T.O.P. pulled out the chair for me and I sat then he sat on the other chair. T.O.P. was so happy and it painted on his face but if he’s too happy then the opposite of it will happen any time soon.

 

‘I am nervous. Why? Maybe I’m full of those negative thoughts. Come on, Kioko! Snap out of it.’

 

I set aside the nervousness and made the best of this vacation. The waiters served our food and I was surprised when I saw my favorite dishes, Korean food. Ddeokbokki, Bibimbap, Kimchi, Kani Salad, Jajangmyeon and more were served on our table. I swallowed my saliva when these dishes were in front of me.

 

“Dig in, Kioko.” He told.

 

I took the chopsticks and attacked the Jajangmyeon but our chopsticks clashed. He was also attacking the Jajangmyeon and I got embarrassed.

 

“It’s okay. Go ahead.” He said.

 

I didn’t let my mind had second thoughts so I got plenty of it and enjoyed the Jajangmyeon. I tasted every dish that were served in our table and savor it very much. Korean foods are the best and it really made my appetite big. I enjoyed what I’m eating and didn’t mind the waiters and the people who passed by near us. I munched and munched until the food were vanished and it’s all in my happy stomach.

 

“You're really not hungry.” He sarcastically teased.

 

As I was about to answer, a burp happened. I saw T.O.P. was shocked and felt embarrassment throughout my body then, he laughed. T.O.P. was laughing so loud and he seems so entertaining like I’m doing a comedy-act.

 

“Ahem.” I cleared my throat and spoke. “Thank you very much.”

 

I stood up and started to walk fast away from him because I am so embarrassed with that burp and how piggy I am with the food. I wanted to run but my tummy was heavy and also, I don’t want to risk myself for appendicitis. My pace started to slow down when I was breathing hardly.

 

“Are you okay?” T.O.P. asked.

“Yes… what? How come you’re here so fast?” I surprisingly asked.

“Well, you walk so slow. Is it because your tummy is full?” he laughed.

“Maybe. I ate too much and I feel heavy.”

“Let’s go to the beach bed for you to rest.” He said.

 

He supported me while walking to an empty beach bed nearby and still his hands were cold. As I managed myself to lie down on the beach bed, I felt relieved and T.O.P. chuckled.

 

“Okay, I ate like a pig.” I admitted.

“Yes you are. You ate like a pig when your foods are Korean.” He laughed.

“I glared and said, “It’s my favorite cuisine and I can’t help it.”

 

T.O.P. lounged down on the beach bed beside me with his shades on. The wind blew and I can hear the waves crashing on the shore. People where playing, swimming, and some fun activities like parasailing. That is why people loved to go here in Boracay because of the fine sand, the activities, and the place itself. I closed my eyes and trying to clear my mind from any thoughts but I Yoochun’s face flashed in my empty mind. I opened my eyes and shook my head to get him off from my mind.

 

“Kioko, the first time we met was like a stranger thing to me. But, when I tried to go or accompany you at Kuala Lumpur, I totally forgot what I left from this country.” T.O.P. started sharing.

“So, what do you left in this country?” I curiously asked.

“My heartbreak.” He answered.

“Is that because of your brother and Tiffany?”

“Yes. I fight my love for her but she decided to be engage with my stepbrother.”

I looked at him and I can’t see his emotions but I felt it somehow. “I know Yoochun planned to steal her away from you so that you’ll get hurt but you don’t understand him too.” I said.

“Yes, I don’t understand him but I also love my brother even he hurts me.” He admitted.

 

I wanted to tell T.O.P. about Yoochun’s feelings but I don’t want to be the one to tell him. It was their misunderstanding and they needed to have a talk.

 

“Time will come that you’ll realize what’s important in this world that money can’t buy.” I told him.

T.O.P. was confused and he asked. “What do you mean with that?”

“The answer will come in the right place and in the right time.”

 

T.O.P. was still confused and he’s thinking so deeply. When I saw him disturbed on what I told him, I stood up and asked him to go parasailing and other stuffs. We rode the parasailing and I can see the place that seems small. Next, we went to the underwater walk where we saw fishes and other sea creatures underneath while wearing an astronaut helmet for us to breathe. Then, we rode the banana boat and we shouted out loud when the big waves wanted to turn us down. We did plenty things and enjoyed so much for the whole afternoon until the sun had finally sets.

T.O.P. asked me if I wanted to have dinner but I said no then he told me that he’s going to sleep because he got tired from our fun. I was inside my room, watched the TV, trying to fall asleep but I can’t so I decided to go out from the room and had a walk.

I walked near to the shore and felt the wind blowing against my face. I thought about the nervousness that I felt during lunch but it seems I can’t really tell what would happen. The place was quite loud because there were restobars that are up for weekend’s nightlife. I walked away from the noise until it lessened from where I stand and saw people who were swimming. The night was pitched dark as I gazed to the sea. I see nothing but only the twinkling of the stars.

Then, I thought of figuring out my feelings for the two brothers but still, I am confused. My heart beats fast again when I thought of this. I don’t know what I felt but I am sure that I’m happy when I’m with T.O.P. or Yoochun.

 

Happiness is not the basis of this case but… Love it is.

 

I walked near the shore and my thoughts got deeper and deeper while the moon was bright, but all I can hear was my heart beats fast. I tried to go deeper for my feeling for T.O.P. and I figured out that my love started when we were at the Petronas Tower then it faded when I got home…but it started to light up when he found me. That was complicated because my love for him was on and off like a switch when a person came in the dark places needed to turn on the lights for them to see. However, my feelings for Yoochun were unexplainable. Sometimes I got mad and sometimes I’m happy. The day that I got sick, he went to my apartment and took care of me even he doesn’t know how but still, he really tried. I was touched when he did that because he was concerned about me. Suddenly, I stopped thinking and my walk.

 

“Yoochun?” I whispered his name because I hallucinated. It looks like him and the person ran towards me from afar. When that person finally nears me and visible from my sight, I was surprised because he hugged me right away. It was him! I felt his body touched mine and his warmth embraces me.

 

“How come you are here?” I asked, whispering on his ear.

“I come here for you, Kioko. Call me selfish but I don’t want my brother to take you away from me.” I felt my heart beats rapidly as he paused for a while then, “I don’t want to lose you because… I love you!”

 

My heart beats rapidly, unstable, and my blood flushed through my cheeks the moment he told me with those three words on my ear. Maybe, I got my answer now. I haven’t known my love for Yoochun surfaced from the depths of my despair. Yoochun released me from his warm embrace and I touched his face that was filled with warmth.

 

“The moment that I’m not with you, my thoughts lead me remembering you. As I walked and thought about my feelings between you and your brother, I realized that I love the both of you but…” I suddenly paused and trying to spill it out from my heart to my mouth.

“But what?” he curiously asked.

 

“But… I love you more, Yoochun.”

 

Yoochun was surprised when he heard what I said and I gave him my sweetest smile and he smiled back at me. The feeling that I was held in Yoochun’s arms was bliss and then, he kissed me… and I kissed back.