Departure

Intricate Love

Yes, the tower looks like a flower that blooms at night because of the bright lights that covered it. Its beauty stunned me and no words came out from my mouth. I took my phone and captured the tower on its brightest fame. People may say that I look like an ignorant but who cares. It’s my first to travel out from my country and saw beautiful things that I won’t forget for a lifetime.

 

“T.O.P., can you take me a picture with the tower?” I gave my phone to him and he said, “No, I’ll take a photo of you using my camera.”

 

With the joy I felt, I do some silly poses while T.O.P. is capturing me in his camera. I don’t know how many poses that I did and it feels great. I walked towards him and viewed my photos in his camera. We laughed on my photos ‘coz mostly of it were crazy one. Then a man approached us and asked, “Would you two like to have a photo with the tower? I can take one.”

We said yes and we went to a place where tower and we can be captured. I wanted to do the Korean pose where you put your hand showing a peace sign near to my eyes or my face but it seems awkward ‘coz T.O.P. isn’t such a silly person.

 

“Let’s do a pose like the twin tower.” He suggested.

 

He grabbed my hands and we face with each other. I can see the light half of his face and his skin shimmers. I noticed that his eyes were hazelnut in color and his lips are tempting. Do I like this guy already or maybe because he’s handsome? That’s what I’m looking for a boyfriend, a handsome one. But, I don’t want it this way just because he’s handsome.

 

T.O.P. moved forward closer to me and said; “We’re not like the tower if we’re too far from each other.”

 

He’s still holding my hands gently and I can feel his chest with my fingers. He stared at me so much like he’s thinking of something. The gentleness of his eyes makes me wanna close my eyes but I kept on looking at him. I kept on staring, trying to save it in my brain memory ‘coz the night after this, I am going back home. I might forget his face if I don’t have to looked at him this close. My heart beats fast and nervousness conquered my senses. My eyes started to blink fast, my legs were trembling, but I kept my arms and hands stable resisting the trembling. Still, T.O.P. was looking at me and unexpectedly, “You’re beautiful.” He said with his sweet tone that caresses my senses then I felt butterflies in my stomach.

 

“I am not.” That’s all I said when he told me I am beautiful. He smiled at me and said, “You are, Kioko.” I don’t know what to say but to zip my lips or words may come out and spoiled the night.

“That’s perfect! You two were so sweet and beautiful.” The man said who took a photo of us.

 

I let go of his hands turned right and smiled at the man who captured us. I went down the stairs and approached the man and looked at the photo in the camera. T.O.P. followed me and he was beside me looking at the picture to.

 

“The photo is amazing. There’s no need to edit this. The lights and the ambiance makes it beautiful.” T.O.P. said.

 

Yeah, the picture was amazing however; we looked like a couple in here, staring with each other just like the tower behind us. I wanted to delete it but this moment is precious. Instead of deleting it, I turned off his camera and gave it to him. I sat down near a fountain and he followed me after he fixed his camera stuffs. I stared at the tower for long while T.O.P. sat beside me and capturing some photos of the tower. We haven’t talked for fifteen minutes and out of the blue, that moment flashed in my thoughts. I shook my head trying to get rid of it.

 

“Are you okay? Did you have headache?” T.O.P. asked.

“No, I just remembered something so I shook my head to get rid of it.” I answered.

 

T.O.P. put away his camera into his bag and he stand up. “Come on, let’s head back to the hotel.” I checked on my watch and it’s already 9:30pm. I stood up and we head back to the hotel.

 

We stopped at the booth of stuff toys inside the KLCC mall and he looked. I was looking at the stuffed toy Minions from the movie Despicable Me. I wanted to buy it but I don’t have enough money. There were Minion keychains too and pillows as well. I went out from the booth and waited for him and I saw a directory nearby. I’m looking for stores and foodchains.

 

“Let’s go Kioko? T.O.P. suddenly came and asked. I nodded and we walked out the mall to the train station. We bought our train ticket coin and waited. I’m still thinking about what happened at the tower. I touched my chest feeling my heartbeat, which is rapidly beating. I looked at him and he looked and smiled. He didn’t even say a word and he just looked for the train to arrive. We went in and sat, silently thinking. I don’t know what is this but for me to ease this feeling, I should have to forget and think of him as my travel buddy here in Kuala Lumpur. We arrived to the station and took another train to Titiwangsa Station. I looked outside from the train window and saw the city lights, cars running, and people walking on the side road. After this night, I’m going to miss this place and the moment we had at the Petronas Tower …

 

‘What? What I am thinking? That thing must be forgotten.’ My thoughts were chaotic between reality and that dream, which happened just for a photo.

 

We took off the train when it reached the Titiwangsa Station and we started to walk along the side road. I was thinking to tell him that I’m going back home tomorrow. But, it will look like that I’m thinking as his girlfriend. Well, nevermind.

 

“I know you’re going back home tomorrow.” T.O.P. broke the silence.

I was surprised when he said that and he already knew. “Yes. How did you know?” I asked.

“I asked the receptionist before you went down the lobby this afternoon.” He answered. “It’s a right thing that I invited you to go with me at the Petronas Tower.”

“I am glad you invited me. If you didn’t then I’ll miss the best part of my travel.”

“I know you enjoyed your night.” He said. I just smiled and cherished the moment. “Here take this.”

T.O.P. gave me the cute paperbag that he bought from the stuffed toy booth. “No, you don’t have to.” I said.

“I bought it for you, Kioko. Please accept it.” He insisted.

I looked at him, smiling at me and I accepted the paperbag. “Thank you, T.O.P.”

“You don’t want to open it?” he curiously asked.

I smiled and open the paperbag and it’s a Minion stuffed toy. I wanted to buy this one but how did he know. “Why you bought this?”

“I saw you staring at that stuffed toy so I asked the lady to get me one from their stocks.” He answered.

 

I was so happy when I saw the stuffed toy and the thoughtfulness of T.O.P. makes me happier. With my joy and gladness, I unintentionally hugged him. I suddenly realized why I hugged him. And the thing is, he hugged me back and I said, “Thank you.”

He smiled and said, “You’re welcome.” We continue walking until we reached the hotel. We said our goodnights and went to our rooms.

 

It is the best day of my life that I had fun traveling and went to many beautiful places. I sat down on the chair and I wrote one of my postcards with the picture of the Petronas tower. After I wrote, I went to shower and then slept the night with smiles on my face.

 

I woke up around 7:40 in the morning and do my preparations for my flight. I packed my clothes, my goodies and souvenirs, and the gift that T.O.P. bought for me. I showered, changed clothes, do my hair and make-up. I went down and took my breakfast and went back to my room to get my stuffs. I went to the receptionist and filed my checkout and handed them the room key. I sat down on the couch at the corner and checked on my Instagram account. I posted all my edited pictures and my bestfriends like my photos. I checked on my Facebook account and there were lots of messages. I looked in the messages and it was all from my bestfriends, asking me how’s my first day, the Petronas Tower, but Joanna asked me if I already had a boyfriend. I laughed and replied, ‘Secret’. I noticed that I haven’t seen T.O.P. in the lobby. I wanted to say my goodbye before I go to the airport but there’s nothing I can do. Maybe he’s still asleep and tired last night. Rashid arrived and I went inside the van. He asked me if T.O.P. is still sleeping and I said yes. The van ran and I just looked at the window. I was about to leave the country soon and I’m going to miss it. The van was so silent and I suddenly remembered. I gave one of the souvenirs to Rashid as my ‘Thank You’ for guiding us during the tour and driving me back and forth to the airport. Rashid answered with me ‘You’re Welcome and Come Back to Kuala Lumpur’.

We were almost at the airport forty-five minutes passed by. I can see the planes from up above preparing for landing and that means it’s only a few kilometers to the airport and I haven’t seen T.O.P. We arrived at the airport and Rashid helped me with my stuffs. Rashid said his goodbyes and blessing on my trip and then he went off. I checked on my watched and it’s almost 12noon. My flight is on two o’clock in the afternoon and I need to check-in. I walked the hall and went inside the departure entrance. I asked the guard where the counter for the plane and pointed somewhere. I just said okay and went through. There were many people who are waiting for their flight.

I walked and a few steps I saw a familiar person near the Starbucks Coffee. When that person took off the shades, I was surprised. The person comes closely to me and I stood from where I stopped.

 

“T.O.P., what are you doing here?” I surprisingly asked.

“I waited for you to come.” He answered and smiled.

“I don’t know that you’re flight is today.”

“Actually, not today. My flight is tomorrow.” He said.

“So what are you doing here?” I asked.

“To say my farewell and to give you this.” He handed me a box.

“That’s the box you bought from the Chocolate Factory.”

“Yes, and I meant buying this for you.” He said. “I wanted to express my gratefulness to you by giving this box of chocolates. I am so happy that I met you, Kioko.”

“Thank you, T.O.P. for everything.”

 

He grabbed the paperbag that he gave me last night and he walked with me to the entrance for the check-in.

 

“Kioko, I hope I’ll see you again and that time comes, we’ll enjoy ourselves with more fun and outings.” He said.

“I hope we’ll meet again. And oh!” I open the side pocket of my bag and I handed the postcard that I wrote a while ago. “Take this T.O.P., as my appreciation.” He took the card and gave me the paperbag that he was holding and he kissed my right cheek.

 

I was surprised and stunned by the moment he kissed my cheek. I suddenly snapped out and went in to the entrance where only the passengers can enter. I looked back and I saw him reading the postcard and smiled. He looked and waved his hands to me. I gave him a sweet smile and waved back and I went to the check-in counter and waited for my flight.