We Meet Again

Intricate Love

My face can’t be drawn when I saw T.O.P. in front of me. The memories that I had with him at Kuala Lumpur were unlocked and came into my senses. I never thought that his moment would come that T.O.P. came back into my life again. I locked every thing that we had and now, I don’t know how to react on him ‘coz what I’m expecting to see is Yoochun. Questions were plenty but I don’t know if the answers were plenty too.

 

“How come you’re here?” I softly asked.

“I finally found you, Kioko.” He answered.

 

Finally found me? What does he mean on that? Is he looking for me after he came back home? These are the questions that struck in my mind and only him can answer it.

 

“Are you looking for me after you came home?” I asked.

“Yes! I don’t have any information about you so I hired someone to look for you.” He answered.

 

I really don’t know what to say and how to react. T.O.P. was already forgotten in my mind and here he is, bringing back in my mind. He hugged me after he answered my question and I hesitated if I should hug him back. My arms were stiff, legs were about to tremble, and lips became mute.

 

“How are you? You looked … surprise.” He said.

“I am fine. Thanks. But, I didn’t expect you to find me.”

“Well, can I have you for a dinner since you prepared yourself for this?” he asked.

 

I nodded and he called someone on his phone. Then a few seconds, the car arrived in front of us. He opened the door for me and went in.

 

I was so silent and can’t believe that this moment came true. All of this was in my fantasy world of dreams. T.O.P. shared about what he did after he came home that he tried to find me.

 

“By the way, how did you find me?” I asked.

“You’ll know the answer when we arrived at the restaurant.” He answered.

 

He continued talking about the day that I left from Kuala Lumpur. He shared those Batu Caves that I haven’t visited. He let me see the pictures that he captured in Batu Caves to know how beautiful it if. Its beauty didn’t strike me but I was struck the unexpected. I felt awkward being with him and he’s never this comfortable when we were in Kuala Lumpur.


We arrived at Tavolata, a fine dining restaurant, around 8pm. As we entered the restaurant, I saw Lee Donghae approaching us. This made me a surprised!

 

“Long time no see, T.O.P.” Donghae greeted him and hugged.

“Are you two… friends?” I asked.

“Yes! Donghae is my childhood friend back in Manila.” T.O.P. answered.

Then Emily came and hugged me. “Did you know all of this?” I asked.

“I just recently know, Kioko. When I found out, I wanted to call you but Donghae stopped me.” Emily confessed. “T.O.P. wanted to surprise you so I let him do the shock.”

I grabbed Emily’s arm and went to a corner. “You know everything about us? About how and where we met?” I posed an angry face while I asked Emily.

“Calm down, Kioko. I don’t know anything, truly. Donghae told me that T.O.P. will share everything about those things … tonight.” She answered.

 

T.O.P. called us and we stopped our conversation for a while. While we walked to our table, Emily whispered something to me. “Why you didn’t tell us about T.O.P.?”

“I didn’t share because I thought we’ll never meet again. And else, I don’t know that he lives in Manila.” I answered.

 

We sat down as we reached our table and the two guys ordered something while Emily was looking at me and smiled. I don’t know what that smile means and I think that she’s telling me that T.O.P. is handsome. My eyes rolled and I heard Emily chuckled. As the two guys were done ordering our food, I decided to ask some questions to T.O.P.

 

“Now answer me. How did you find me?” I asked.

 

T.O.P. looked at Donghae and Emily and I finally figured it out. Donghae told him that I’m here and Emily gave him the apartment’s address.

 

“It’s not that I really found you. I was Facebooking that night, the day that you met Donghae, I looked at Emily’s Facebook profile. I was looking because I wanted to see Donghae’s future wife then I unexpectedly, on her profile, on the photo section, I barely saw you as it was featured. So, I clicked on it and looked at her albums and there I saw you with her… mostly from her pictures.” He shared.

“So, he called me and asked Emily about you… where you are now and where you live.” Donghae continued.

“And I told T.O.P. about you, on what you are doing and where you live. He asked me about your phone number but I didn’t give it.” Emily said.

 

I don’t know what to say so I just answered, ‘okay’. T.O.P. asked me if I’m alright and I nodded. Emily got a hint that I was nervous, shocked and didn’t expect this to come. My face can’t give out a smile but I know deep inside of me I was kind of happy to see T.O.P. again.

 

The food was served and we ate while having conversation. I noticed that Donghae and T.O.P. missed each other for a long time. Emily and I were quite while touching our food.

We finished our food after an hour and the conversation was still on. I haven’t talked so much as well as Emily. When T.O.P. shared about our trip at Kuala Lumpur, I saw Emily was grinning at me. I felt her teasing from that grin she gave to me.

 

“Can we go home?” I broke the conversation.

“Yeah! I also have a duty tomorrow.” Emily said.

“Oh! Sure. Wait, I’ll pay the bills.” T.O.P. said.

 

He called the waiter and paid the bill with his card. After he signed those receipts, we went out and said our goodbyes. Emily hugged me and whispered. “You owe us about you and T.O.P.”

 

I nodded and Donghae took Emily from me and they went home while T.O.P. called his driver, I became tense again. The car arrived and we went in.

 

“Why are you silent, Kioko?” he asked.

I took a moment to breathe before I answered. “I was surprised and didn’t know that you and Donghae were childhood friends.”

“I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you ahead of time but, I really want to surprise you.” He said.

“Well, you perfectly did.” I said and gave out a smile.

 

The silence came in for about a few minutes.

 

“After I arrived in Manila, I really want to tell you that I arrived home safely… to tell you about the Batu Caves.” He said.

“There’s no need to tell me about those T.O.P. I know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay there.” I bragged.

“Are you mad? Or you’re not happy to see me?” he asked desperately.

“It’s not that I’m mad or I’m not happy to see you… it’s just I was blown away from the surprise.” I confessed.

“I hope that you’re happy to see me again ‘coz I was so excited to see you when I arrived in Cebu.” He said.

 

The excitement that I felt this morning was ecstatic ‘coz I thought Yoochun will meet me but another man came. I am happy to see T.O.P. but shocked took all my senses. The road was wide and no traffic at all so we arrived at my apartment after thirty minutes. We went off from the car.

 

“Kioko, I have something for you.” He said and opened the front door of the car and took a paperbag. He gave it to me.

“What is this?” I asked.

“It’s a gift… a simple gift for you.” He answered.

 

I didn’t bother to look what’s inside instead; I looked at him very closely and pinched my face if I was dreaming. T.O.P. smirked when I said ‘ouch’.

 

“You are not dreaming Kioko. I am here… here with you.” He said and held my hands.

 

I remember the sensation of his hands from where we stood with each other while staring and the lights of Petronas Tower were beaming that made the moment spark. I felt his hands were cold today and it’s not just me who was nervous. My mind says ‘Hug Him’ but my intuition says ‘NO’. I stared at him like I did at the Petronas Tower.

 

“I need to get inside.” I said.

“Oh!” he let go my hands and said. “Take a good rest. You’ll meet me tomorrow again.” He said and smiled.

 

I went inside and said goodbye to him. He went inside the car and waved at me and they took off. I went inside the apartment and opened the gift that T.O.P. gave. It was a beautiful red dress. It seems small but I tried to wear it. The dress looks perfectly on my white skin and the curls at the tip of my hair. I took off the dress and hanged it inside my cabinet. I looked at the dress that I wore and thought of Yoochun for a while. I didn’t take a shower and I hit bed right away and slept.

 

Morning came and I was a exactly on time for my shift. Dara was smiling at me when I arrived. She asked me about my date with Yoochun and I told her that I’d tell her after the shift. We worked right away and kept busy. I felt Daesung and Jessica were at foul mood so I didn’t bother to ask.

 

Nine o’clock, there were a lot of requests came to the laboratory. There were plenty of CBC and donor screenings as well. I decided to accomplish all the requests but it seems impossible even with Dara’s help. The lab became busy and Dara can’t even talk with me. I heard the lab’s door opened and I ignored it. I kept on labeling the vials with the patients’ name for CBC until I heard Daesung asked someone.

 

“How can I help you, doc?”

 

I heard no one replied to him and still; I kept on labeling the vials. Dara came to me and said that the doctor was handsome. I ignored her and kept on labeling until I can finished it all.

 

The vials were all labeled after five minutes and I heard Daesung was mocking at the doctor until he was replied.

 

“I came here for someone.”

 

When I heard the voice, I was in doubt ‘coz I heard that voice already. So I turned back with my suspicion and my eyes didn’t believe what it saw.