Formal and Elegant Man

Intricate Love

It staggered me when he asked me that. My face was blank and I’m going to blackout anytime soon. Daesung was so serious and I was not prepared with that topic about boyfriend. My soul flew to nowhere and no words flashing in my mind but only total darkness. I don’t know if that question really needs an answer that I don’t have. If this was taking an exam then I got zero.

 

‘What shall I do? Answer it or leave it blank?’

 

“Fooled yah!” He blurted.

 

My soul went back to my body and senses .

 

‘What? He’s joking?’

 

He was so serious when he walked home with me and pulled out a prank on me. I thought that was it, the feeling that I blackout for the very first time. I wanna cry but it’s an improper thing to do and he might think that I actually like him, and I am. I like Daesung, he’s my crush when I was hired in the hospital. He’s been a good friend, makes everyone laugh, and turned the environment smooth and jolly. But, my infatuation for him has faded like a thin air. I tried to keep my cool and my tears from flowing. I don’t know why I felt this way.

Maybe I realized that I really like him but made it a prank without knowing that I might get disappointed. Maybe I expect from that question and thinking that he might propose to me. Oh! Come on, reality check. Daesung doesn’t like a girl who is simple, weird and crazy like me. I really expect too much.

I started to laugh and spank his shoulder really hard. He flung and hurt and I ran to my apartment. I don’t know why I did that. It’s my instinct that did that. I went to my room, locked, and hit on my bed. I’m like a child and feeling like a teenager who experienced a very first heartache but it’s not heartache. I am disappointed. I closed my eyes and thought on my approach to Daesung for tomorrow then, I fell asleep.

 


The sun shines brightly and the sky was pretty blue. I woke up with my job uniform and realized that I didn’t change. I was tired yesterday and what happened last night makes my mood down. I checked on my watch, eight o’clock, and I’m an hour late for my shift. I wanted to go to work but my mind won’t let me and my body also agrees. My phone rang and it was Daesung calling. I ignored the call and stood up, took a shower and ate my breakfast. I went back to bed and checked my backpack that I used from my travel. I pulled out my clothes and decided to wash it.

An hour passed, I checked on my phone and opened the inbox with ten new messages. I scrolled down my inbox and it was all from Daesung. I checked on my call logs mostly of my calls were from Daesung but as I scrolled down, I saw an unknown number in my missed call log. I sent a message to the unknown number.

 

‘Who’s this?’

 

I put away my phone beside me and continue checking on my backpack. I pulled out my cosmetics then my phone alerted.

 

‘Is this Kioko?’

‘Yes, this is Kioko. Who are you?’ I replied

‘This is Park Yoochun and I have your organizer.’

 

Organizer? I checked back my bag and looked for my organizer where my government IDs and reward cards were placed. And the daily journal was written there. I picked up my phone and started texting.

 

‘Where did you get that?’

‘Please meet me at Starbucks Coffee, Ayala Center, 11am.’

‘Wait, answer me! Where did you get my organizer?’

 

I’ve waited for a reply and no new messages on my phone. I looked at my watch and it’s already 9:30am. I changed my clothes, do my make-up and tied my hair. I went out from my apartment and walked to the mall. The sun was scorching, walking fast to get there in the mall. Sweat is starting to drop on my face and the smell of the sun started to overwhelm my perfume. I’ve crossed the two pedestrian lights and tried to keep my walking pace.

I arrived at Ayala Center around 10:39am and I cooled down from the exhausting heat of the sun. I started walking and reached Starbucks Coffee before the time. I ordered a grande cup of hot mint tea and sipped it on the couch. I checked on my phone and there’s a new message from the unknown number that he’s already in Ayala Center. I get my wet wipes wiping all over my face to rid of the sweat and sprayed a little of my perfume. I kept on looking on every person who came in the coffee shop. I’m trying to guess what Yoochun looks like. I hope he’s not weird or strict. Five persons came in and none of them was Yoochun. I saw a tall man in a branded black suit, fixed black hair, and with glasses, came in the shop. I didn’t look at him ‘coz he’s too formal and elegant. I looked outside from the clear glass window continue guessing who Yoochun was and my phone rang. It’s him, Yoochun’s calling. I picked up the call.

 

‘Where are you? I’m already here in Starbuck Coffee.’

 

He didn’t even say hi or hello.

 

‘I’m here too.’

 

I looked around and saw that formal and elegant man who’s taking a call. I waved at him, guessing if it’s really him. He saw me, ended the call and walked forward to the couch where I seated.

He was standing in front of me and pulled out my organizer from the inner pocket of his tuxedo. He handed the organizer to me and walked away to the exit. I was confused if he’s in a hurry or he’s an impolite person. I glared at his back while he picks up his phone and took the call. I divert my eyes from him to my organizer and checked any missing IDs, reward cards and the picture I inserted at the back of the notepad. Everything was there and it looks as good as the last time I used it on the plane. I grabbed my cup of tea and sipped and I choked from a surprise when he sat down on the couch. I was coughing and the tea dripped from the side of my mouth. I reached for the tissue and wiped the liquid on my mouth. I looked at him and he was staring while I was coughing out. After I calmed myself, I started to blurt out at him.

 

“Why did you come back?” I asked and he never answered. “If you want a thank you then, thank you for returning my organizer.”

 

He was so difficult and he never replied to me so I shut my mouth, tightened my grip on the pen from my organizer. I am so annoyed with this man who is so self-centered. I wrote on my notepad about how unbearable this man is. I finished my tea, put away my organizer and walked away from him. I went out the coffee shop and decided to go back to my apartment. I checked on my phone while walking and read my new messages from Dara. She was worried when she found out that I was absent on my shift. I replied to Dara that I was perfectly fine. When I was in front of Teriyaki Boy, a Japanese restaurant, I felt something strange that radar senses were heightened. So, I looked back and saw a tall man in a black suit. I was shocked when I saw that not-so-good elegant man followed me.

 

“Why are you following me?” I furiously asked in a low tone.

 

He didn’t answer me so I continue walking and he kept on following me. I stopped after I pass through the automatic glass door and I faced him.

 

“What do you want?” I asked madly. “If you’re not going to talk then get lost or I’ll scream that you’re a stalker.”

 

He was staring at me and said, “Can you help me?”