Affection

Intricate Love

The pasta was done after how many minutes we had cooked it. Mother served the pasta and I was placing the plate and fork for him. Yoochun invited us to dig in too but I rejected his offer and told him that I am not fond with pasta.

 

“She likes to eat Korean food.” Mother whispered to Yoochun and he chuckled.

 

I ignored the two of them and started to make my own homemade bibimbap. Mother was so talkative and kept on exposing my bloopers when I was a child and until now. Yoochun laughed and so comfortable talking with my mother whom she just met an hour ago. She kept on talking and talking and I was annoyed while making my bibimbap.

 

“Kioko had her first menstruation…” she started.

“MOTHER!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

“What?” she asked.

“It’s not appropriate to tell a guy about my first… first…” I wanted to say the word but my mind won’t let me because I am shy about it.

“Menstruation.” Mother continued my sentence and so comfortable telling it to Yoochun. “She cried a lot because she thought that she’s wounded and will die.” She finally exposed it and I heard Yoochun’s laugh and I glared at him.

 

Yoochun saw me glaring at him and he forced to stop his laugh. Then mother continued with those childhood stories of mine, about how irritated on wearing a dress before when I attended the prom, how I mourned when my dog died, and plenty more. Yoochun conversed with my mother so smoothly and I think he finally forgot about me that I was around.

 

“The pasta is delicious.” He complimented.

“Thank you, dear.” Mother said. “Have some more.”

 

Yoochun stood up and asked mother where the plates are. Mother stood up but Yoochun stopped her and told her that he will get one. Mother pointed where the plates were and he got one plate and a fork then he placed it in front of my mother. Yoochun took a forkful of pasta and he placed it on my mother’s plate. I was surprised that he did that.

 

“You should eat your delicious pasta too. I don’t want to devour them all while you cooked it so deliciously for me.” He said and mother was touched. “Just eat with me, Ma’am.”

 

Mother started to eat the pasta and yet, she kept on talking while she’s eating. Even though mother was so loud, Yoochun seems to have fun talking with her.

 

“Mario, come. Dine with us.” Yoochun said politely.

 

Mario was surprised and he took a plate and a fork and he started to eat with them but… he didn’t invite me to dine with them, and mother too. I was so freaking pissed with the two of them without inviting me. I finished my homemade bibimbap and I joined them in the table while they were talking. Their topics were all about my funny childhood life that I was so shy about.

 

“Can I taste?” Yoochun suddenly asked.

“No!” I exclaimed while I covered my homemade Bibimbap with my hands.

“That’s bad, Kioko. You better give Yoochun at least a little. I know he wants to taste your homemade dish.” Mother said.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Fine.”

 

Yoochun smiled at me sarcastically and he took a small amount from my bowl. He tasted it but he never complimented me about my homemade Bibimbap. Again, he started to talk with my mother and I kept on eating my Bibimbap while listening to their conversation. Mother was so fond with Yoochun and based on what I observed, mother liked Yoochun.

When they finished the pasta and I was about to finish my homemade Bibimbap, Yoochun stood up and started to dish out the places but mother managed to stop him and do the rest.

 

“Yoochun, you better take a sit on the sofa and enjoy the show in the TV.” She suggested.

“Okay, Ma’am.” Yoochun obeyed… just like a dog.

 

I took some of the plates from the table and helped mother washed the dishes. Mother told me that she likes Yoochun while we were washing the dishes. I didn’t respond to my mother and just listened to her while she shared about her thoughts for Yoochun.

 

If only she knew that his brother also likes me…

 

When I remembered T.O.P., my mind thought how he is right now and what he was doing. But, I tend to forget about him first and enjoy my holiday before going back to the city.

Yoochun was peacefully watching a show in the TV together with Mario who enjoyed the show. Mother approached them right after were done the dishes and she offered some juice. Yoochun was so glad that mother was so cordial and it seems he liked her. Mother went back to the kitchen and she started making juice for them.

 

“By the way, Kioko, what makes Yoochun come here all the way from the city?” Mother asked.

 

The moment has come that I can’t even avoid it now and I was so hesitant to answer her whether I’ll tell her that we had a misunderstanding or that man fooled me. My voice was stunned and can’t even speak because my nervousness overwhelmed me.


“If you don’t want to answer then I’ll leave that to you.” She said when I was thinking about what to answer. “It’s your personal life and I know you can handle it.”

 

Mother went away from me bringing the pitcher to the sofa. My heart was racing and I felt the pumping of my blood. I wanted to tell mother but there was something in me that was holding back. The pain that the lie had caused me still lingers in my heart but when I saw him my heart felt joy even the pain was there. I’m still at the kitchen wanted to avoid Yoochun but there’s no way I can do that because he’s already here… in my house. So, I joined them in the sofa while mother and Yoochun were busy talking and laughing. It seems he found his comfort through my mother.

 

“Ahem.” Breaking their conversation. “Mother, can I talk to Yoochun for a while.” I pleaded.

“Sure, baby. Go on, talk with him.” Mother said.

“In private.” I eyed my mother telling her to move out for a while.

 

Mother and Mario stood up and took their way to the kitchen area leaving us alone in the sofa. I wanted to start the conversation but I don’t know where to start.

 

“I know you are wondering why I come here in your place, right?” Yoochun asked.

“Yes. I haven’t thought that you come here and how did you know my province address?”

“First, I got your address from your co-worker Dara. Second, I came here to talked with you seriously. I hope you will listen to me.” He said.

“Okay, then start it now.”

 

Yoochun was serious and he was kind of sincere to tell everything about hiding the fact of his identity. Then he started to confess.

 

“I hide my identity to you because I wanted to hurt my brother at the end when he found out. You know that I am mad at him and that’s the reason why I hide it to hurt him without knowing that I already made the move ahead of him.”

“But, why? You used me.” I exclaimed.

“The best thing to do to hurt my brother is to take away the one he loves.” He confessed. “I can’t take my father from him so the most important person is the best way to steal from him.”

“So, how many person that T.O.P. loves have you stole?” I asked.

“One.” He answered.

“And who is she?”

“Tiffany.” Yoochun answered me without hesitations.

 

I can see from Yoochun’s eyes that he was telling the truth. The moment I heard Tiffany’s name I was surprised and can’t believe that she was T.O.P.’s girlfriend.

 

“Did you love her?” I curiously asked. I don’t know why asked that question and it just blurted out from my out not even thinking it. It looks like I am so curious about it.

“No. My father wanted her to be my wife and it was father’s decision to engage us.” He responded.

“So if not then why did you steal her from T.O.P.?”

“I said, I wanted to hurt him.” He slightly loses his cool.

“Okay, calm down.”

“Kioko, I really wanted to tell you but it seems I am afraid to face your reactions and the pain it would cause. I know you don’t want to see me anymore and throw me away from your world which I already like it.” He said.

 

When I was looking at him, talking, the pain starting to fade slower as he answered and confessed without doubts.

 

“My world? The world that I live in is the same as yours.” I said.

“No, what I mean, your world as an ordinary person.” He answered. “I had fun wearing like a commoner, witnessed the downtown, and experienced getting stranded on the heavy pouring rain.”

 

As I noticed, he wore a plain dark blue shirt, jeans and slippers instead of wearing formal branded suits and shoes. I don’t know why likes it even it was not his thing. He just comfortably wore it without knowing that he looks good than wearing those boring suits that he wore everyday. Then, mother came in and brought us more juice while smiling at me. My brows frowned at her like she was teasing me with that killer smile of hers. I pour down the juice in his glass and he drank it.

 

“Kioko.” He suddenly stood up looking at me while I was sitting on the couch then he started to bend his knees until he kneel down.

“No! You stand up.” I tried to pull him up but he seems to be serious on what he did and of course, he was a bit heavy.

He hold my hands and said, “I’m sorry if I cause you pain.” He pleaded.

 

I am out of words and my tears fell down on my cheeks without knowing why I cried. To think of, it wasn’t such a big thing but I overreacted on the situation. I realized that I am also at blame to overreact and didn’t think of it clearly. Then, I saw mother coming to us with a ladle on her right hand. She looked at me and smiled then… she hit my head with the ladle.

 

“Ouch!” I shouted.

 

I rubbed my head and after a few seconds, Yoochun chuckled.

 

“I’m sorry for my daughter’s self-centeredness. She only overreacted in your situation so please, understand her.” Mother said.

“MOTHER!” I shouted at her.

“You shut up dear. You only overreacted to the situation Kioko, unless… you are hurt because you are in love with Yoochun.” Mother said.

 

My eyes got wider when she said that… and I wanted to pinch her every fats I her body.

 

“Yoochun, do you love my daughter?” she asked.

“MOTHER!” I shouted. “Why did you ask such an irrelevant question?”

“Because I know what Yoochun’s feel and I wanted to hear it.” She answered.

 

I looked at to Yoochun so nervously upon he stood up from kneeling down. As the time I saw his face, he showed a gentle and sweet smile.

 

“Yes, I am.” Then he confessed. “I love Kioko.”