A Flower That Blooms at Night

Intricate Love

I slept three hours right after we arrived in the hotel. I checked the time and it was four o’clock in the afternoon. I arranged my stuffs that I bought and wrote the names to which I should give the goodies and souvenirs. Everything that I bought is for my family and to my three bestfriends who sent me here. I placed my stuffs inside my backpack and hoping that it won’t get destroyed. I took a shower and after, I dried my hair with a blower.

When I was about to change, I was kind of hesitant on what to wear after he invited me to go to the Petronas Tower. I said, “Yes!” to his invitation and I’m so excited… excited to see the twin tower up close. I wear a black blouse with an inner in it, fitted jeans and my favorite sandals. I put a light make up only, and do my hair to the right side and curled half of it.

When I was done, I went down to the lobby and saw T.O.P. waiting for me at the couch. He wore a simple white shirt, short jeans and floater shoes. T.O.P. looked at me for a while and then he smiled sweetly. He walked towards me and said, “Let’s go.”

We went out and walked a few meters to the Titiwangsa Train Station. I don’t know why we need to take a train as I was expecting that we would ride a cab going to the tower. I just followed him though he just invited me to go with him.

In the train station, we just stood up inside and I waited for him to do something but expectation failed. I went to a counter and asked on how to get a ticket going to the Petronas Tower. The lady instructed me what to do, what to ride and where to stop. I went back to him and I led all the things. I told him to get a coin ticket for the ticket by purchasing it at the machine and yet, he just stood up and looked back at me.

 

“I don’t know this Kioko. I’m afraid if I mistakenly got the wrong train ticket.” He said in a bothered way like a child who is lost from nowhere.

 

I bought the ticket for the two of us and headed upstairs and waited for the train. I suddenly laughed at him when his face flashed in my thoughts while buying for a train ticket. He didn’t look at me and he let me laughed at him. I saw a train approaching and I stood up beside him. As the train stopped, he let me in first, followed and sat down. When the train started to run T.O.P. asked me, “Do you know where we should get off from the train?”

I looked at him and it looks like he was nervous and bothered at the same time. So, I took a chance to prank him. “Honestly, no.” I answered.

 

“What?” he shouted and the people inside looked at him. “You don’t know where to get off from this train?”

“Nope.” I answered. But in my thoughts, a big laugh wanted to break-in in my serious face that I showed to T.O.P.

 

He was silent after I replied to him and I saw that his tapping his fingers on his lap. I suppressed my thoughts and my laugh in order to carry my prank until we arrived at the tower.

~ “Next station, Masjid Jamek.” ~

When I heard the recorded announcer of the train, I prepared myself for the next station. My smile won’t fade away while seeing T.O.P. in nervousness. When the train stopped, I took his arm and went off from the train.

 

“Are you sure this is our stop?” he asked.

And I suddenly answered him, “No.”

“Crap!” He screamed. “What now Kioko? What are we going to do?”

“Well, let’s go to the next train station.”

 

I walked going down the stairs and he followed. I stopped for a while and looked for the signboards. After I saw which way to take, we took an escalator going down and waited for the train going to KLCC station. I glanced at him and still he was uneasy. The train arrived and we went in.

We we’re standing this time and when I was about to grab a pole, the train started to run and I lost my balance and about to fall but, T.O.P. catch me and pulled me to his post. I grabbed the pole to where he was holding while his left arm where at my shoulders. I can feel his chest on my head and I can hear his heartbeat. Even though he was so uneasy a while ago, he managed to look after me. My thoughts were flying to such an impossible circumstances and I suddenly snapped out of it. I can’t think of him as my boyfriend. We’ve just me yesterday and today we’re only travel buddies wanting to see the beautiful Petronas Tower. I looked up and saw the flashing screen.

~ Next station, KLCC ~

I change my stance and getting ready to take off from the train. “Are you okay?” he asked and squeeze my shoulder gently. “I’m fine. Get ready, we need to take off on the next station.” I replied.

When the trained stopped at KLCC Station, most of the people took off from the train. I was waiting for the crowd to get off and I felt a warm hand on my hand holding it. It was T.O.P.’s hand and he walked out from the train with me.

 

“Don’t space out Kioko or you can’t get off from that train.” He said.

“I wasn’t spacing out. I waited for the people to get off.”

“You don’t need to wait. You need to go with the flow if you’re going out on this station. You might get hurt if you just stood there and waited.”

 

I shut my mouth and he led the way. I followed him until we’re inside a mall. The station was connected to the mall’s basement. T.O.P. ran to the directory and calmly walked to him. “Did you find anything?” I asked. He kept on looking and looking until he said, “Great!” I wanted to see what he saw but he grabbed me and started walking.

 

“First, we need to have our dinner.” He said happily. I just looked at him and smiled. “Where do you want to eat?”

“I want to try their McDonald’s here.” I answered.

“Alright, on our way to McDonald’s.”

 

We took an elevator going 3rd floor where the foodcourt was. I looked around and was amazed. This mall was a bit luxurious. All the brand name stores are here and the area was pretty big. I saw people taking pictures so I remembered to take a selfie picture. When I was about to click it, T.O.P. in and captured the both of us. I viewed the picture and wanted to delete it but I found it funny when I saw T.O.P.’s face was half captured. The elevator stopped and we went off. We walked to the McDonald’s counter and ordered burgers, fries and drinks. We sat and had our dinner and talked about the mall and our train experience.

 

“Kioko, you know, it was my first time riding a train.” He confessed.

“It’s obvious! I can tell from your uneasiness and also you don’t know how to buy the train ticket coin.” I laughed. T.O.P. was embarrassed so I continued to make him better. “But it was a great experience, right?” T.O.P. nodded and he smiled at me. We both finished our burgers and fries and took a gulp of our drinks.

“Okay, let’s go!” he suddenly said in a cheerful way.

“Go where?” I curiously asked.

“Just go with me, okay?” he insisted.

 

I followed him and took the elevator going to ground floor. T.O.P. is so happy and excited too. We took off the elevator and headed west. We walked and walked and I kept on asking him where he’s going to take me. Just only few walks, I saw a glass door, and outside is a fountain and people taking pictures. We went out the glass door and T.O.P. spoke to me.

 

“Look behind you, Kioko.”

I looked back and saw the bright lights. “Oh no!” I was so surprised and smiled at it. “The Petronas Tower.” I fell in love with it when I saw the tower so close and with the bright lights covering it.

“It is a flower that blooms at night.” T.O.P. said.