Chapter 6

Promise

Daehyun stared up at the ceiling. He was panting hard and he kept having to brush his sweaty bangs away from his face. The cool wooden floor of the dance floor felt good against his warm skin. 

An exhausted zelo fell to the floor next to Daehyun. Zelo was the youngest of the group and was a gifted rapper and dancer.

"hyung I'm so tired. I don't think I can practice anymore." 

This first week of training had been so rough. They had been practicing non stop because they were going to debut with their new song in three months.

"From the top." Youngguk said as he poked Daehyun and zelo with his shoe. Youngguk was the oldest and leader of BAP.

"ughhhhh hyunggggg I don't want to." Zelo whined.

Everybody already loved zelo and Daehyun saw Youngguks expression soften at Zelo.

"okay guys we will call it a day. Let's get back to the dorm and freshen up before we sleep." Youngguk announced.

Everyone let out an excited cheer before hurrying back to the dorm.

"I call the shower first!" Zelo yelled as he started sprinting upstairs to the dorm. Jongup tried to run after zelo, but zelos height advantage and long legs didn't allow jongup a chance.

"Daehyun are you coming?" Himchan, the second oldest, asked Daehyun in concern.

"I'll be up soon."

"okay." Himcahn reluctantly agreed as he patted Daehyun on the shoulder and then followed the other members.

Daehyun was all alone in the dance studio. He finally got to his feet and went to retrieve his phone from the table in the corner. He would always text you when he got the chance.

   "Hey y/n!"

   "Daehyunnie!!! I miss you :( how is practice?"

   "Exhausting! :p we just finished practice. Young guk let us finish early :D"

    "This is early?!! Daehyun it is almost midnight! :O"

    "Well y/n why are YOU awake then?"

    "Tons of homework.  And I have been practicing my vocals. Daehyun I meant to tell you..."

    "Tell me what"

    " we have another showcase in four months. I NEED to pass. My parents can't afford this school anymore. "

    "Y/n why didn't you tell me!??"

    "Daehyun, my mom lost her job two months ago. I needed to pass that first showcase with you. But, I didn't. This is my final chance."

   "Y/n ah you really should have told me. I can't believe you didn't tell me."

   "I wanted to tell you! But we were so busy practicing for our duet and I felt ashamed and didn't want to burden you. "

   "Y/n you NEVER burden me. Don't say that. I know that you will do great at this next showcase! I promise that I will come to support you :D"

   "Thanks oppa you are the best! You need to get some rest. I can't imagine how tired you must be."

   "Okay y/n I will talk with you tomorrow. Goodnight :)"

Daehyun couldn't believe your mom lost her job. He had been so busy practicing, he didn't even realize something was wrong. He hoped that he could visit you soon. One thing was for sure, he was going to support you at your showcase. He wasn't going to break that promise.