Chapter 12

Promise

 

Daehyun laughed as Sunhwa told him a story of when she first went to the ocean. He admired her smile and the sparkle in her eyes.

As Sunhwa laughing ceased, she became silenced as she stared into daehyun eyes. Time froze as Daehyun and Sunhwa's lips met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stood in shock outside the coffee shop. You felt dizzy and stumbled back. Your head was pounding and your heart stopped beating for a split second. 

As rain streamed down you face, your vision blurred . Daehyun had kissed Sunhwa. It really happened. Nothing seemed to make sense.

You began to run aimlessly. Your foot hit a crack in the pavement and it sent you tumbling. You groaned in pain as you held your knee. It was only then, that you realized it was pouring rain and the wind was picking up speed. You grimaced at the sight of your bruised knee. You used your elbows to stabilize you as you slowly stood to your feet.

You looked around and to your horror, you were hopelessly lost. You did not recognize the street you were on. You ran a hand through your wet, matted hair. A few stray people quickly hurried by you as they tried to find safety from the storm.

You saw a ramen shop down the street and you slowly limped towards the shop. You finally reached the ramen shop and and were greeted by comforting warmth. You made your way to an empty table and winced in pain as you sat. Your knee was beginning to swell.

Tears began to roll unwillingly down your cheeks. You hiccuped as you wiped your eyes with the end of your sweater.

"Excuse me miss?"

You looked up and saw a young boy standing above you. He couldn't have been more than a year older than you. He had an apron on and was clearly a waiter.

You suddenly became conscious of your appearance. You tried smoothing out your skirt.

"Is everything alright?" The boy said with concern in his eyes.

"Not really..." You mumbled.

The boy hesitated before quickly disappearing into a kitchen in the back of the shop.

You sighed and buried your face into your hands. You must have scared the boy off. 

You sat in that position for a few minutes as you quietly cried to yourself. You lifted your head when you heard a clatter in front of you.

The young boy had placed a warm bowl of ramen in front of you. He slid it over to you and he took a seat across from you. He stared at you expectantly. You hesitantly ate some of the ramen. 

"Is it good?"

"Yea." You smiled, feeling a little better.

You awkwardly finished your ramen as the boy stared puzzlingly at you.

"It's a boy." He stated abruptly.

You gave him a curious look.

" I was trying to figure it out. But then-" the boy motioned to your phone.

"It is the boy in that picture isn't it?"

You looked at your home screen. It was a picture daehyun and you had taken a year ago.

"Yea..." You mumbled.

"I am sure he is important to you. Don't let him go." The boy stated as he slowly stood. He gave you a small smile and patted your back, "good luck."

You felt a little better. That boy had seen right through you. However it gave you confidence. You were not going to loose Daehyun.