Chapter 2

Promise

"Daehyun there are so many boxes." You whine.

You were at the trainee dorms and you were in daehyuns room helping him pack. He was moving into a dorm at the TS entertainment building with his new band members tomorrow. He didn't say it but he was nervous because he hadn't the other members yet.

You opened another box. 

"Daehyun! This is the fifth box with food!" You exclaimed.

You shuffled through the box. There had to be at least 20 packaged food items.

He snatched the box away from you as he rolled his eyes.

"daehyun is all that food really necessary?"

"of course!" He said matter of factly.

You scoffed. This boy was so vain. Regardless, you were going to miss him.

"Oh!" Daehyun let out a suprised gasp next to you.

Daehyun held up a picture frame. It was a picture of you and daehyun in the fifth grade. You held a red crayon in your hand and daehyun held a small box of crayons. 

"Wow! I was even handsome back then!" Daehyun boasted.

"you are so conceited."

Daehyun set the frame down as he grabbed another item from the box. You picked up the picture and smiled.This  picture was from the day you and daehyun first became best friends. You had lost your red crayon and daehyun had given you his. You remember his mom taking this photo and saying that you two were going to be best friends forever.

"hey y/n look at this."

Daehyun showed you a box of crayons. It was the same box from the picture. 

"You kept them." You whispered. 

You gently took the box from Daehyun. It was so much smaller than you remembered. It sat in the palm of your hand and it brought back so many memories.

You gently handed it back to daehyun.

He carefully placed it back in the packing box and sealed it.

"I want to take it with me to the dorm." Daehyun told you.

"I still have it." You quietly told him.

He looked at you questioningly. 

"The red crayon."

You saw him smile.

"I am going to miss you Daehyun even if you are a pig."

"yah!" He yelled.

He tackled you and pinned you to the floor.

"Let me go!" You screamed.

"first, admit that I am handsome." He smirked.

You pretended to think about it. "Never!"

You laughed and stuk your tounge out at him. Daehyun stared down at you. He so desperately wanted to tell you how he felt. That he loved you. But, he couldn't do it. He was too scared.

" I will let it go this time. Let's finish packing." Daehyun surrendered as he stood up.

You leaned against the wall.

"Oppa, I really am serious. I will miss you. You better call me all the time!" 

He raised his hands in the air. "Alright alright! I will.!"

You both finished packing up the rest of the boxes. It was late  by the time you were done. You had fallen asleep on the floor while daehyun was packing up the last boxes.

"Y/n ah" daehyun whispered as he poked you lightly in the shoulder.

"y/n it's late. You have to go back to your room."

"mhmph." You mumbled.

Daehyun sighed as he kneeled next to you. He wrapped your arm around his shoulder and carefully lifted you up. He carried you back to your room. 

Daehyun stopped in front of your dorm. 

"She is really beautiful." Daehyun thought to himself as the moonlight cast an angelic glow over her face.

He pulled your key out of your sweatshirt pocket. He brought you into your room and laid you on your bed. He brushed the hair away from your face and wrapped a warm blanket over you.

"goodnight. I love you." Daehyun whispered as he caressed your cheek and then silently left.