Chapter 39

Promise

 

The six boys piled into the van. The driver began to drive off once the boys were all seated.

"Hyung, why did you tell us to ignore y/n noona?" Zelo asked, pouting cutely.
 
"I yelled at her a few months ago because I was mad. But I feel so guilty and I miss her. I just don't know how to talk to her." Daehyun brushed his hand anxiously through his blonde hair.

"Yah! Are you dumb? We all know you like her! Straighten things out with y/n! Stop the drama." Himchan scolded Daehyun.

"Calm down Himchan. Don't yell at him like that....now man up Daehyun! Don't be a wimp!" Yongguk told him.

"Yeah, so much for not yelling." Himchan mumbled sarcastically.

Daehyun rolled his eyes at his hyungs.

"I will call her tomorrow so we can arrange a time to meet." Daehyun decided.


-----------

You didn't even bother to call a taxi. After being ignored by BAP, you felt pathetic and wanted nothing more than to curl up in your bed. You sadly walked home and went up to your room. You pulled your blanket over your head and tried to fall asleep, hoping to forget Daehyun.

You groaned when your phone rang on the desk next to your bed. You pushed the blanket away and sat up.

"Hello?" 

"Hey y/n! It's me, Lee Kyun."

"Oh how have you been in America?" You asked, glad to take your mind off of Daehyun.

"It's been great! My studies are going very well too."

"I'm glad things are working out for you."

"What about you, how have you been?"

"Not so great. I didn't pass the showcase and now Daehyun hates me."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really"

"Well one of the reasons I called is to tell you some great news!"

"Some good news could really cheer me up right now."

"Well today in one of my classes, I received information about spots for exchange students. I talked to my teacher and the school really wants to strengthen the performing department. I told him about you and they asked me to contact you to tell you that you have been invited to come and study here."

"Are you serious!?"

"Yes of course! Also, the costs would be minimal since you would be an exchange student!"

"Well that would be an awesome opportunity. I need to talk to my parents about it."

"Okay talk to them and call me later tonight."

"Alright, talk to you later Lee Kyun."

"Bye!"

You grinned as you thought about the opportunity; all thoughts of Daehyun put aside.

"Honey, dinner is ready!" Your mother called from downstairs.

You happily ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where your parents were.

"You seem happy. Did you straighten things out with Daehyun?" Your mom asked as she handed you a plate of food and sat across from you next to your father.

"Well actually-" you shoved some rice into your mouth. "My friend Lee Kyun told me about an opportunity to study abroad in America."

Your father looked up at you and saw the excitement in your eyes.

"You really want to study abroad?"

"Yes, I would have the chance to study performing. I thought it would be a new start."

"I'm not sure we can afford it." Your father sighed, stress written across his face.
 
"The costs would be minimal since I would be an exchange student."

"We will think about it." Your mother told you as she bit her lip

---------

You sat in your chair at your desk on your laptop. 

"Oh! It's getting late." You murmured to yourself.

You grabbed your phone and called Lee Kyun.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lee Kyun!"

"Oh hey! Did you talk to your parents?"

"Yes. I'm going to America!"

 


AUTHORS NOTE

So I'm going to start off by saying sorry. I really was supposed to update a few days ago but I haven't had any internet. I'm really sorry to disappoint. Luckily, I have the next few chapters already written and can update constantly now. Also, Daehyun finally got an Instagram. It is about time Busan Woobin! Anyway hope you are having a lovely day <3