Chapter 18

Promise

 

Youngjae stared at his best friend. These past few weeks, Daehyun was lost in his own world. He always seemed to have something on his mind.

"Daehyun-shi is everything okay?"

"I'm fine." 

This was the response Youngjae always received. Youngjae tried to talk to Daehyun countless times, yet Daehyun always had the same bleak response. 

'He must be this way because of Sunhwa.' Youngjae thought to himself. Sunhwa was always texting daehyun and visiting him. They had been in a relationship for three weeks and youngjae assumed that Daehyun was consumed with Sunhwa.

Youngjae took one last glimpse before quitely leaving the room he shared with Daehyun. As soon as Daehyun heard the door click behind Youngjae, he rolled back over to his side and retrieved his phone from his desk.

Ten new messages. All from Sunhwa. Daehyun groaned and clenched his fists. It wasn't that he disliked Sunhwa. He was just upset because he really never wanted to be her boyfriend in the first place. He also found out that she could be quite clingy and irritable. 

Daehyun looked at his now pale knuckles and slowly released his grip and allowed the blood to return. He went to his contacts in his phone and his finger hovered over your name.

"Should I call her?" Daehyun wondered out loud.

"Ugh!" Daehyun shouted and dropped his phone to the bed. He couldn't do it. He was alarmed to hear ringing. He quickly picked up his phone and to his horror, realized he had accidentally hit the call button when he dropped the phone.

"Hello?"

Daehyun heard your muffled voice through the phone.

He opened his mouth but no words came out.

"Hello?!" You asked again, slightly annoyed.

"Y/n ah" Daehyun managed to sputter into the phone.

"What do you need Daehyun?" You responded rather coldly.

Daehyun hadn't bothered to call you since the awkward introduction to Sunhwa.

"Uhh I just wanted to talk to you. It feels like it has been ages."

"That's because it has been." You muttered brutally.

Daehyun was at a loss of words. He had never heard you react so harshly.

"Is something wrong y/n?"

'Are you kidding me? Are you that stupid to ask If I am ok? You don't even call me or talk to me. You don't even care. I thought you loved me!?' But you only say this to yourself in your head.

"Nothing is wrong." You bitterly answer to Daehyun.

"Oh that's good. Anyways, I want to make sure I have a ticket for your showcase." Daehyun said weakly.

"I have a reserved seat for you." You mumbled.

"Ok thanks well bye then." Daehyun said.

Before you could respond, he had already ended the call. 

You were sitting at your laptop in your room and you blankly stared at your phone. You could not believe what had just happened. Daehyun didn't even seem to care. He just took your word that you were okay. Couldn't he see that you were hurting? These past few weeks had been painful not talking to Daehyun and knowing that Sunhwa was his girlfriend. You had tried to busy yourself with rehearsal and school work and it had worked fairly well. But now, your worst fear had come true. Not only was Daehyun in love with someone else, but he was drifting away from you. He wasn't your best friend anymore. Honestly, you didn't know what you were to him anymore.

You reached over to your purse and grabbed a small paper from inside. You stared at the numbers on the paper and finally decided to call Lee Kyun.

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

I wrote this chapter a few days ago and have been editing it over and over to make it just right. I felt that a lot is happening and it needs to make sense. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I have the next chapter written and I just need to edit and then I promise I will upload it tomorow. I really am enjoying writing this story and receiving your comments!!