Chapter 43

Promise

 

*Daehyun POV*

"Hyung, how did it go?" Zelo asked cheerfully as I walked through the door. His expression changed though when he saw how disappointed I looked.

"What happened?" Himchan tried to get me to respond.

"Y/n is gone. She is studying in America." I said straightforward. Honestly, I was still in shock. Nothing made me feel so pathetic before as much as the phone call with her did.

"I tried calling her but she's mad at me. She has a right to be."

My throat burned and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Daehyun, get some rest. With our hectic schedules and your stress over y/n, you have barely slept at all. Right now you need to sleep and I can assure you will feel better." Himchan soothingly patted my shoulder. 

Surprisingly, I didn't object. I was exhausted and sleep deprived. I cleaned myself up and went into the room I shared with Youngjae. I pulled the blankets over my body. A bed had never felt so comfortable. I dozed off into a deep slumber.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the clock. I had been sleeping for four hours. I sat up and stretched out my arms. I did feel refreshed. I heard loud laughing from the kitchen.

'Gosh the guys are so loud. Wait is that a girl's laughter?'

There definitely was a girl here. I felt hopeful.

'Maybe it is y/n. Maybe she came back'
 
I jumped out of bed and ran out of the room into the living room, my bed hair a mess.

I felt disappointed when I realized it wasn't y/n. The guest looked so familiar though.

'Oh, isn't she y/n's one friend? Hmmm what's her name? Is it Hyo-Rin?' 

"Hey Daehyun, you are awake! You remember Hyo-Rin right?" Yongguk revealed his gummy smile.

I nodded.

'I was right. It is y/n's friend'

"Hey!" Hyo-Rin chirped happily.

"Hi." I meekly smiled.

"Me and Hyo-Rin were actually going to go out to eat tonight..." Yongguk said as he blushed madly and rubbed the back of his head.

"And Himchan hyung is in charge of us!" Zelo said and then high fived Youngjae and Jongup.

'Hmmm, what is with them?'

Hyo-Rin and Yongguk bid their goodbyes before heading out. As soon as the door closed, Himchan turns towards the rest of us and crossed his arms across his chest

"This better not be like last time I watched you guys."

Youngjae, jongup, and Junhong stifled giggles. I stood there confused.

"What are they talking about?" I turned towards Himchan.

"Well, those three boys" he eyed Jongup, youngjae, and Junhong. "Were crazy monkeys last time I was left alone with them."

"1" Junhong began to count.

"2" Jongup continued.

"3" I said, catching onto the other boys.

"Get him!" Youngjae shouted.

We all attacked Himchan and began running around the dorm.

"Yah! You crazy boys!" Himchan yelled as me and Junhong hit eachother with pillows.

"Hey I forgot my jacket-"

We all turned and froze as we saw Yongguk walk back in through the door. He looked surprised and slowly turned to take in the whole scene.

"Well I don't know what's going on here, but I don't think I want to know." Yongguk said as he slowly grabbed his jacket.

Yongguk then backed out of the door again.

"Wait Yongguk!" Himchan yelled. Too late. 

Himchan groaned as Junhong hit him with a pillow again. Poor Himchan, he was in for a lot of stress.

 

AUTHORS NOTE

So himchan babysits again! Haha but daehyun is also there to stress out himchan! Lol! Anyways after a lot of drama, I added a lighter chapter. But the drama isn't even close to over. I hope you are enjoying my story and I really do appreciate all your supportive comments <3