Chapter 37

Promise

 

Daehyun closed his eyes and tried to steady his racing heart. 

'One...two...three' he counted and then timidly knocked on the door in front of him.

After a few seconds, the door opened.

"Daehyun-shi! What a pleasant surprise! Come in."

"Thank you Mrs. Kim" Daehyun bowed as he entered the house.

"I'll make some tea right now." Mrs. Kim explained as she hurried into the kitchen.

Daehyun grinned as he looked at the picture frames on the walls. There were many childhood pictures of you and Daehyun was in most of them. There was a picture of you and Daehyun in the fifth grade. There was a photo of your ninth birthday party. Daehyun laughed as he remember many of these moments.

"You guys were such cute kids." 

Daehyun turned around and Mrs. Kim handed him the tea.

"Thank you."

"I will go get y/n, she is upstairs in her room."

Mrs. Kim disappeared up the staircase. Daehyun took a seat on the couch and sipped his tea. He had tried to find you at your dorm but when you were not there, he figured you would be at your house. He had a bad feeling something went wrong at the showcase. 

Mrs. Kim returned to the living room a few minutes later with a worried look on her face.

"Y/n says she isn't feeling well so maybe you can talk to her another time."

Daehyun frowned and stood up.

"I'll just go to her room then."

"Daehyun- I really don't think that is a good idea."

Daehyun ignored her words and jogged up the stairs. He had ran up these stairs countless times. This was practically his second home.

Daehyun turned left and stopped in front of your room.

"Y/n?" Daehyun knocked but didn't receive a response.

He slowly opened the door. You were sitting at your desk on your laptop with headphones in. You didn't look sick at all. 

He lightly tapped your shoulder and you jumped in surprise. You turned around, thinking it was your mother. You narrowed your eyes when you realized it was Daehyun.

You rolled your eyes and turned back to your laptop screen. Daehyun clenched his teeth in frustration and removed the headphones from your head.

"Yah! What is wrong with you?"

"We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk to a jerk like you." You replied icily and then you proceeded to put your headphones back on.

Daehyun was furious now and he ripped the headphones off harshly and tossed them to the floor. You stood up abruptly and were about to run but Daehyun grabbed your wrist.

"Let go!" You yelled as you tried to pull yourself away from his grip.

"I need to talk to you!" 

"Leave me alone!" You shouted as you finally pulled away from his grip. You tried to open your bedroom door but Daehyun slammed it closed. He grapped you by the waist and held you tightly. You furiously scratched at his arms and kicked him but he refused to let go. You finally lost all your energy and stood miserably in his arms. The adrenaline had finally worn off and you began to cry. 

"Y/n ah please let me talk to you."

You nodded in defeat, knowing you had no other choice. He slowly released you and he stood in front of your door so you wouldn't try to run again.

"Y/n I know how much the showcase meant to you and I really tried to be there honestly."

You scoffed, "well obviously you weren't."

"Yes I know, and I'm sorry. BAP had their debut stage because our music video just came out. After our performance I went to your school, but the showcase was already over."

Your eyes widened and you felt sudden guilt.

Daehyun continued, "I'm hoping you understand since you knew I had my debut stage."

You remained silent and you stared at the floor.

"You did know I had my debut stage. Right?" Daehyun asked.

"I'm sorry." You responded quietly.

"Wait, you forgot about my debut? You were mad at me and you called me a jerk! You were so selfish that you only thought of how I missed your showcase! Yet you completely forgot about my stage. Come to think of it, I deserve an apology too. You were angry at me without even knowing the circumstances."

You didn't even have anything to say. You felt so guilty. 

"You can't even apologize!? You are so selfish." Daehyun began to raise his voice.

You tried to say something but no words came out of your mouth. 

"You still aren't going to say anything? Really!?"

Tears began to roll down your cheeks.

"All you can do is cry. Are you that useless?"

His words stung. He walked over to you and you flinched, thinking he was going to hurt you.

"You are pathetic." Daehyun said through clenched teeth. He then turned around and walked out of your room. He went down the stairs and was about to open the front door but Mrs. Kim stopped him.

"Daehyun is everything alright?"

"I need to go now." 

Mrs. Kim looked at him sadly and then moved away from the front door, letting Daehyun through. 

She closed the door softly and then shook her head as she returned to the kitchen.

 

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm sorry for a lame ending but now the tables have turned and Daehyun is the angry one. He is upset because you were mad at him and you were only thinking of yourself and forgot that he also had a performance. Was Daehyun too harsh on you? Also, Mrs. Kim is your mother. I'm just letting you guys know in case it was not obvious. Thank you for all my readers and enjoy your day *throws hearts*