Chapter 36

Promise

 

"Daehyun!"

Daehyun looked up from the ground and saw Yongguk walking towards him. Yongguk held out his hand and Daehyun took it. He was pulled to his feet and then followed Yongguk to the car.

Daehyun climbed into the back next to Yongjae and Jongup. 

"Daehyun what in the world were you doing?" Himchan scolded him.

"I needed to be at y/n's showcase."

"Oh! How did noona do?!" Zelo asked excitedly.

"I don't know. I was too late." Daehyun mumbled as he rested his head against the window.

The car became silent and everyone felt sorry for Daehyun. They knew how important this was.

"Have you eaten yet?" Yongguk asked, trying to break the silence.

"No, but I'm not hungry." Daehyun said quietly.

"Well, there is some good news. Our music video has already hit a million views and our stage has shown to be very successful so far. We already have three interviews scheduled in the next week." Himchan tried to cheer Daehyun up.

Daehyun just briefly nodded and continued to stare out the window. He had planned to confess to you after the showcase but now, every thing was ruined.

-----

You quickly walked out of the auditorium and back to your apartment. You were still in shock and everything you worked for was gone. You quickly packed your bags and called your parents. The showcase wasn't over but you didn't even want to stay to the end. The quicker you could leave, the better.

Your parents arrived shortly after you called them. Your parents felt terrible. They knew how much effort you put into the showcase. As you stared out the window, you clenched your teeth. You were going to be successful. It wasn't for Daehyun or your parents. It was for yourself. 

Your phone suddenly rang. It was Daehyun calling. You ignored the call. He tried calling a few more times yet you didn't answer. He must have finally given up because the calls stopped coming.

"Y/n, how is Daehyun doing?" Your mother tried to start a conversation.

"I don't know and I don't care." You said, a bit too harshly.

Your phone rang again. It was Daehyun.

"Y/n your phone keeps ringing. You should answer it." Your father suggested.

You grabbed your phone and turned it off as you roughly threw it to the seat next to you.

Your parents didn't ask anymore questions and you tried to hold back the tears that were so close to falling. 

When you finally arrived home, you went straight to your room and jumped on your bed. You buried your face in your pillow and sighed. It felt good to be home.

You rolled over and grabbed your phone. You had a voicemail.

"Hey y/n ah, it's me Daehyun. I know how important the showcase was and I honestly have a good explanation of why I wasn't -"

You didn't even listen to the rest of the voicemail. You tossed your phone to the foot of the bed. You didn't even want to hear what he had to say anymore.

-----

Daehyun quickly showered and then climbed into his bed where he pulled the covers over his head. He finally let out the tears of frustration. He suddenly felt angry. 

"Daehyun hyung?" Youngjae whispered as he pulled at the covers.

"Go away." Daehyun tried to keep his voice from cracking.

Youngjae pulled at the blanket a little harder and Daehyun was caught off guard, allowing the blankets to be pulled away.

Daehyun looked up at youngjae with tears in his eyes. Youngjae was taken aback, he had never seen his hyung so miserable before.

"Is this about y/n's showcase?" Youngjae asked quietly.

Daehyun nodded as he tried to swallow the lump in his throat.

"Go find her tomorrow and remind her that you had your debut performance. I'm sure she will understand."

Daehyun looked up at the younger blonde and smiled.

"You really think she will understand?"

"Positive."


AUTHORS NOTE
I'm really sorry because I have been lacking an update. I had writers block but I finally got through it and my updates will be much more consistent now. Also, I have 100 subscribers on this story *throws confetti* thankyou for all your support!