Chapter 51

Promise

 

"Great practice you guys!" Yongguk called out loud as he grabbed his water.

"So are we done hyung?" Zelo asked.

"Yes, we had an exceptional practice today."

The boys were rehearsing for Kcon.

After resting a while, the boys headed back to their dorm. 

Yongguk was showering first and the rest of the boys were sprawled across the couch.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the front door.

"I'm not getting it!" Zelo yelled, running away and disappearing into his bedroom. Jongup followed closely behind.

Himchan was lying across the couch and he clearly was not going to answer it.

Daehyun looked over at Youngjae and narrowed his eyes.

Youngjae smirked before rolling off the couch and making a run for it.

"Yoo Youngjae!" Daehyun yelled at him but he had already disappeared into the kitchen. 

Daehyun sighed. 

"So immature." He muttered under his breath.

He answered the door and nearly passed out. He could not believe his eyes. Standing outside the door was you.

"Y/n-y/n" Daehyun stuttered.

Without even a word, you threw yourself into his arms.

You buried your face into his sweater. You missed everything about him; even his scent (you would never admit that to him though).

Daehyun suddenly pulled away from you. He grabbed your hand and ran outside the dorm.

"Daehyun where are~"

Daehyun stopped and covered your mouth.

"Trust me"

You didn't argue. You had missed him too much.

Daehyun pulled you into a small flower shop. 

"Close your eyes." He instructed.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion but did what he told you to do.

You heard Daehyun saying something to someone but it was not loud enough for you to catch what they were saying.

"Okay. Open your eyes."

You slowly uncovered your eyes. Standing in front of you was Daehyun with a bouquet of red roses.

 

"Y/n ah, we have known eachother for practically our whole lives. I realized I liked you as more. In fact, I'm in love with you. I don't want to wait any longer. I don't want any more obstacles. So I'm asking you right here and now, will you be my girlfriend?"

You stood shocked, your eyes filling with tears. You shakily nodded your head and he engulfed you in a hug.

"I love you." He whispered into your hair.

You were speechless as you remained in the arms of your bestfriend. The bestfriend that was finally yours.

 


AUTHORS NOTE

I did it! You and daehyun are finally a couple! I wanted to make his proposal cute and I feel this is something daehyun would do. (He wouldn't want to wait) anyways, there will only be around 20 more chapters maybe. I can't believe how far this story has come. I love my readers *throws love*