Chapter 34

Promise

 

"I'm so nervous!" Hyo-Rin said as she rubbed her palms together.

"Me too. I can't believe the showcase is tomorrow!" 

You and Hyo-Rin had been rehearsing all the time and these past few weeks had gone by so quickly. 

Hyo-Rin started the music again. This was the last chance to rehearse. You both finished flawlessly.

"Nice job girls!" Your teacher clapped her hands as she watched you finish.

"Thankyou." You and Hyo-Rin bowed.

Your teacher smiled and then turned to face the rest of the class.

"Okay. Rehearsals are over. Good luck to everyone at the showcase tomorrow."

Everyone cheered and clapped. Everyone had been working very hard.

You waved to some of your other classmates and walked outside with Hyo-Rin.

"Do you want to come back to my apartment?" You asked as you slung your backpack over your shoulder.

"Oh actually, I have a date." Hyo-Rin blushed.

"Ah~ with who?" You asked as you playfully poked her.

"Yongguk." Hyo-Rin mumbled embarassed as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Awwww!" You squealed.

"We have been texting a lot these past few weeks and he asked me out on a date today."

"Well stop talking to me and go! You don't want to be late!" You said as you gently shoved her forward.

"Okay-" Hyo-Rin said as she began walking.

"Fighting!" You called.

"Fighting!" She yelled back before walking away.

You grinned as you walked back to your apartment. You were really happy for Hyo-Rin. You unlocked your apartment door and tossed your backpack onto the couch. You sat on your bed and began to check new messages on your phone. You sighed when you saw that there weren't any messages from Daehyun. You knew that he was filming and was busy but you wanted to talk to him. You hadn't talked to him in a few days. BAP was having their debut stage really soon but you couldn't remember the date of the stage. You also knew that BAP's debut was delayed due to Daehyun being sick. At least you would see him at your showcase tomorrow.

You scrolled though your notifications and saw that you had a message from Lee Kyun.

     "Hey y/n, call me when you get the chance."

You dialed Lee Kyun's number and he answered almost immediately.

"Hey Lee Kyun!"

"Hey."

"Is everything alright?"

"Well I have news to tell you."

"Is it good or bad?" You asked worriedly.

"Well it is good news but also sad." Lee Kyun said as he paused.

"Well what is it?"

"I have gotten the chance to study abroad in America."

"Lee Kyun, that is great news!"

"Yes, but I am leaving tonight."

"Lee Kyun, I'll miss you but I'm really happy for you! This is an outstanding opportunity."

"I'll miss you too y/n. But I just wanted to make sure that we stay in touch."

"Of course! I want to hear all about America."

"I'll definitely send you pictures."

"I can't wait!"

"Well my flight departs soon, but I'll text you later."

"Okay have a safe flight!"

"Okay bye y/n. Don't forget to tell me how your showcase goes. "

"Okay, bye Lee Kyun!"

You hung up the phone. Although it was sad that lee Kyun was leaving, you were really excited for him.

"I'm hungry." You mumbled to yourself as you stood up from your bed. 

You went into your kitchen and began to cook ramen. After eating and studying, you decided that it would be good to get sleep. You needed to be well rested for the showcase tomorrow.

After washing up, you tried to get comfortable in bed. However, you tossed and turned in bed. You couldn't sleep because you were too nervous for the showcase. Finally, the thought of Daehyun supporting you tomorrow at the showcase put your mind at ease. You dozed off into a peaceful sleep with Daehyun in your mind.

 


AUTHORS NOTE
I really love your comments. They always make me laugh and I enjoy hearing from readers. Anyways please subscribe and upvote. I will update soon!