Chapter 55

Promise

 

"It's okay. I understand." You tried to hold back the tears.

"I'm really sorry"

"Just forget it. It's not important." Your voice was cracking.

You hung up.

The truth was, it did matter. It was important to you.

Today was your one year anniversary with Daehyun. It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since the day he asked you to be his official girlfriend. Time really does fly.

You sighed. When your boyfriend is a kpop star, it really does make it hard. Not to mention that BAP had a very hectic schedule right now since they were in the middle of a comeback.

Daehyun had planned a date at a fancy restaurant. But he had called to tell you that the boys were going to practice late tonight. 

Daehyun asked you to at least come visit him at the studio in an hour. 

It wasn't what you had hoped for, but at least you could see your boyfriend.

You didn't bother dressing nicely and threw an oversized sweater over your basketball shorts. You brushed your hair quickly and then grabbed your shoulder bag.

You rode the city bus to the TS entertainment building. You smiled as you walked through the hallways to the dance studio. So many memories were held here. 


~~~FLASHBACK~~~

"Hey wait up!" You yelled, chasing the tall blonde kid.

Junhong had stolen your phone. Again. He would always try to play Angry Birds. You really couldn't understand why he didn't just download the app for himself.

"Ohmygod" 

Everything seemed to spin as you flew through the air.

You hit the ground hard.

"Noona?" A voice called from further down the hallway.

You heard loud footsteps and saw Zelo's face above yours.

"Noona what happened?"

You sat up and rubbed your head. Then you spotted it. Zelo seemed to spot it at the same time.

"I'll give you three seconds to run before I kill you." You muttered through gritted teeth.

Zelo had already taken off running.

"1...2...3...Choi Junhong!"

Zelo had left his skateboard in the middle of the hallway, causing you to trip. Now you really were going to kick his .

~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~


You laughed at the memory. You had been furious at the time but you could never stay mad at Zelo. However, it wasn't the only time that skateboard of his caused problems.

By now, you were standing in front of the dance studio. You swore you heard a Chris Brown song.

You took a deep breath and pushed the door open. You were puzzled to see that the only person in the studio was Jongup.

"Jongup?!"

He was dancing to a Chris Brown playlist.

"Jongup?!" You repeated louder this time.

He turned, and smiled.

"Hey noona! What are you doing here?"

"Daehyun told me to meet him here and that you guys had dance practice."

"Uh~ Noona, we didn't have practice today."

So many emotions hit you at that moment.

"That lying..." Tears began to stream down your face.

At that moment, you hated Jung Daehyun.

You ran out of the dance studio but didn't even get two steps before running into somebody.

"Himchan?"

*oh god, Himchan had to see you as a crying mess*

Himchan blocked your way and handed you a white rose with a note attached to it.

"What is this?" You asked, wiping your nose with the back of your hand.

"Just read it."

You opened the note and it read: Y/n, I hope you aren't crying. But trust me and please follow Himchan.

Before you could respond, Himchan grabbed your wrist. He then led you to the end of the hallway and gently pushed you around the corner.

You were met with a happy Youngjae who handed you another white rose with a note attached.

"I'm not opening it."

You didn't know what kind of joke Daehyun was pulling but you were upset.
  
Youngjae narrowed his eyes and gave you a "you better open the paper" look.

You reluctantly opened the paper which read: I hope that this plan is working.

Youngjae then shoved you to the elevator which opened and revealed a smiling Zelo. Just like the other boys he handed you a white rose with a note. 

You sighed but decided to play along. The note read: This is a stupid idea. Isn't it?

The elevator doors closed and Zelo pressed a button, causing the elevator to go up.

Zelo then leaned over and whispered, "Don't worry Noona. Hyung has got a plan"

The elevator door opened and zelo nudged you out and then closed the doors.

Yongguk stood before you and handed you a white rose with another note attached. It read: Almost there

Yongguk then began to walk up a flight of stairs. You weren't sure what to do but followed him anyway. When you reached the top of the stairs, Yongguk opened a door for you and then when you walked through, he closed it.

You stared at the closed door and realized that you were on the roof of the building. You turned and gasped. 

Candles and rose petals were everywhere. A small round table covered in a white cloth was in the middle. A single candle was on the table, flickering in the night. But, standing ten feet away from you was no other than Jung Daehyun.

He walked to you and kissed your forehead. 

He grinned and you smacked his chest. His smile was replaced with a look of confusion.

"Yah! Jagiya what was that for?"

"It was for scaring me you idiot. I thought you stood me up."

Daehyun's face turned a bright red. 

"Sorry..." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

He was worried he messed things up.

"You were stupid..."

His face fell.

You continued, "but this was also incredibly sweet"

He smiled again, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Each of his handsome features seemed to stand out.

"Well, will you enjoy a dinner with me?" He asked, motioning towards the table.

"Well of course."

Daehyun was dressed in a suit and his hair was neatly combed up from his face. You were suddenly self conscious of your sweatshirt and shorts. Daehyun seemed to notice this.

"You look beautiful"

You smiled shyly and sat at the table.

"Thanks"

But, Daehyun really did mean it. He always thought you were beautiful.

There were two plates of food. There was a steak dish with rice and vegetables on the side.

"I made it myself."

"It looks great." You put some in your mouth. "It tastes great too!"

You and Daehyun enjoyed each other's presence under the moonlight. You had to admit, this was better than any date a restaurant. 

When you had both finished your meal, Daehyun pulled out a small box and handed it to you.

"Y/n, I have always loved you and I always will. You mean the world to me. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love you"

"I love you too my handsome prince"

You opened the box and inside was a promise ring with three words inscribed on it.

'Forever With You'

 

 


AUTHORS NOTE

This is officially the end. I cried writing this. I am very emotional when I have to end something like this. I feel like I have come so far. Never would I have expected to have over 140 subscribers on a story. Each and everyone one of you means a lot. I would check a few times a day for new comments just because I really enjoyed them.


Many people did want a sequel but unfortunately, I decided to end the story here. It felt more natural. I wanted to end the story on a sweet note. I didn't want to have to write a sequel where more problems arise.

So I really hope you understand why I have ended it. Please don't be disappointed. I'm really sorry if you were looking forward to a sequel :(

Some good news is that I have decided to start a new fanfic. You can check it out here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/812794/my-masked-angel-angst-fluff-romance-bap-jungdaehyun-daehyun

It is also a Daehyun fanfiction.

Anyways, It was really hard for me to check the "completed" box on this story. I really hope you enjoyed this story and I thank the people who have been with me from beginning to end. Saranghae.