Chapter 50

Promise

 

"Lee Kyun?"

"Y/n! You are awake!"

You looked around at the pale white walls and unfamiliar surroundings.

"Where am I? What happened?"

"The hospital. I found you unconscious at school." Lee Kyun explained, frowning at the unpleasant memory.

You cringed, suddenly remembering the hurtful things those girls had said and done to you.

"The doctor said you can go home tomorrow morning. You have to stay for overnight observation." 

You looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was already eleven at night. 

"Lee Kyun, go home and get some rest. Thanks for taking care of me." You said, genuinely thankful.

He hesitantly agreed to go home. When he left, you became quite lonely. You tried to sleep but couldn't. Lee Kyun had left your school bag beside your bed. So, you grabbed your phone from the bag and began scrolling through missed calls and messages. Somehow, you ended up online. One thing led to the next and you were soon looking at pictures of cute puppies at midnight. You began to laugh at how randomly you had gone off on your phone. Your phone was almost dead so you put it back in your bag and tried to fall asleep again.

You groaned as morning light seeped into your room. You sat up and yawned, stretching your arms over your head. You sighed as you remembered you were in the hospital. You couldn't remember what time you finally fell asleep last night.

"Goodmorning miss." A doctor greeted you as she walked into your room.

You smiled shyly and bid her goodmorning.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she took your blood pressure.

"I'm feeling fine"

"That's good." She told you as she wrote some numbers on her clipboard. She checked a few other basic numbers such as your temperature. 

"You are very healthy; no problems. However, you had a minor concussion so I suggest going easy for the next few days. I will sign your release forms and then you an be on your way." She smiled.

You thanked her and then grabbed your bag. The nurse handed you a doctors note to excuse you from school for the next two days. 

By the time you finally left the hospital, it was already noon and you were quite hungry. You decided to stop somewhere to grab a bite to eat.

You spotted a small burger joint and entered the place. You ordered and picked a seat near the window. Your mouth watering burger arrived shortly after ordering. You had to admit, American burgers were delicious.

After you finished your food, you called Lee Kyun.

"Hey y/n!"

"Hi Lee Kyun"

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, the hospital was able to release me."

"That's great! Maybe we can hang out later tonight?"

"Actually, I have decided that I'm no longer going to study here. You aren't mad right?"

You heard Lee Kyun sigh before answering, "Of course I'm not mad. I understand and don't blame you."

"Thanks Lee Kyun! Have I told you before that you are the best?"

"Promise me one thing though"

"Hmm?"

"Keep in touch with me and maybe we can visit soon in the future?"

"Definitely." You assured him.

"Also, I better hear that you and Daehyun are together soon."

Lee Kyun couldn't even see you, yet you were blushing madly.

"Okay okay." You said as you laughed.

"Alright, well bye y/n. I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye Lee Kyun."

As you hung up, you smiled. You were glad he understood. You didn't have a place here. You belonged back in Korea, with Daehyun. You called your parents and told them you were coming home. They seemed excited and really missed you. 

You talked to the principle and then packed your stuff in your dorm. Your flight back to Korea was tomorrow. 

The next day as you boarded the plane, one thing was on your mind: Daehyun.

 


AUTHORS NOTE
So "you" are going back to Korea. Could you and Daehyun finally be together? Anyways I'm going to KCON in two days and I'm so excited!