Chapter 23

Promise

 


As soon as Young guk left the dorm, he regretted it. He shook his head at the thought of Himchan babysitting. He just hoped that they didn't kill eachother. Young guk froze and stepped behind a small house as he heard Daehyun's voice. Young guk peeped out from behind the corner of the house. Daehyun was on the cell phone. Young guk could only hear Daehyun's side of the conversation.

"I'm almost there."

"Two minutes away."

"Okay bye"

Daehyun put away his cell phone and continued walking. Young guk quitely continued following him. Daehyun stopped at the entrance of a small coffee shop. Daehyun looked at his watch and tapped his foot nervously. Young Guk watched the scene from a few feet away, behind a small sign. 

Young Guk recognized Sunhwa who came up to Daehyun and covered his eyes from behind. 

"Guess who!?" Sunhwa teased.

Daehyun grinned and turned around, removing her hands from his face.

"Hey" he said softly before pecking her lips lightly.

"Bleh." Young guk mumbled from his hiding spot. Daehyun and Sunhwa intertwined their hands as they walked into the coffee shop. 

Young guk glared at the sight. He didn't feel that they were a good couple. Sometimes, Young Guk wondered if Daehyun even liked Sunhwa. 

Young guk went into the shop and sat at a table accross from Sunhwa and Daehyun. Young guk held up a menu to hide his face.

"Exuse me sir, can I help you?" 

Young guk looked up and suddenly forgot how to speak. A pretty girl most likely around his age, with long black hair looked at him expectantly.

"Uhh yea." Young guk managed to sputter.

The girl pulled out a pad of paper and looked at young guk. He just stared. The girl motioned at Young guk.

"Oh I'm sorry! Uh Just Ice yea please." Young guk tried to hide his embarassement.

The girl scribbled something down and smiled at Young Guk.

"I'll bring your drink to your table. It should be a few minutes." She smiled again before walking away.

Young guk just slumped down in his seat and clutched at his heart.

'I should get her number' young guk thought to himself.

All of a sudden Young guk sat up straight. He was here to spy on Daehyun and Sunhwa. He tried to listen to Daehyun and Sunhwa's conversation. 

"Daehyun you must be really busy." Sunhwa said.

"Eh I guess. Why do you ask?"

"You never answer my texts." 

"Oh..."

"Daehyun you don't seem like yourself. Is something wrong?"

"Your ice tea sir."

Young guk looked up and met eyes with the girl who had taken his order. Young Guk felt his cheeks redden. The girl carefully set down his drink, accidentally brushing Young Guk's hand. 

"Oh sorry." She bowed her head as she timidly smiled, her eyes not meeting Young Guk's. She kept her head down and quickly turned to leave.

"Wait!" Young guk said abruptly.

The girl turned around. 

"Maybe we could...you know hang out sometime?" Young guk asked shyly. The girl smiled, revealing a dimple. She quickly scribbled her number down on a piece of paper before handing it to Young Guk.

"My name is Hyo-Rin." The girl grinned.

"Young Guk." He said while revealing his gummy smile.

Hyo-Rin blushed. Young Guk suddenly saw Daehyun and Sunhwa leaving the coffee shop.

"I have to go but I hope we can talk again." Young Guk winked at Hyo-Rin and then jogged out of the shop.

Hyo-Rin smiled to herself before returning to her work.

Young Guk followed Sunhwa and Daehyun just close enough to hear their conversation.

"I'll walk you home." Daehyun said as he shoved his hands in his pockets. 

Young guk saw the two walk off in a different direction. He would just go back to the dorm now and talk to the other members.

"Oh my God!" Young guk smacked his forehead. He forgot that Himchan was babysitting. Young Guk broke out into a sprint as he ran towards the dorm. He ran as fast as he could and finally the dorm was in sight. He shoved the door open and rested his hands on his knees as he bent over and panted.

"Is everyone alive?" Young guk said as he gasped for air.

Young Guk slowly stood up to see what damage had been done. But, to his surprise, the dorm was spotless and all the boys were peacefully eating in the living room. 

"Impressed?" Himchan said as he smirked.

"Well, I must say that I am." Young guk said in awe as he looked around the room. He nodded pleased. His eyes continued wandering the room and he finally looked at Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo.

"Hi hyung!" Zelo waved as he shoved more noodles into his mouth.

Young Guk gasped, " zelo your arm!" He motioned towards the bandage on Zelo's arm.

"Ah- it was nothing. I just got a little bruised when I beat up jongup." Zelo bragged as he flexed his arms.

"That's not what happened! Zelo broke a ~" jongup was interrupted as Himchan clasped his hand over his mouth.

Young Guk eyed them suspiciously.

"It's no big deal." Himchan tried to assure him as he removed his hand from Jongup's mouth. It was better if Young Guk didn't find out what really happened.

"So Young Guk hyung, did you find out anything while spying?" Youngjae asked as he cocked his head.

"Well kind of..."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Himchan asked.

"Well Sunhwa said that Daehyun seemed upset and that he wasn't answering her messages. I was about to hear more, but I got...distracted."

The other members groaned. 

"You had one job Hyung." Jongup said as he shook his head.

"And you failed." Zelo waggled his finger as he pretend to scold Young guk.

"Well where is Daehyun now?" Himchan questioned.

"He is walking Sunhwa home." Young guk replied.

"No more playing games. I am sitting Daehyun down and confronting him as soon as he walks through this door." Youngjae said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. The other members nodded in agreement. 

They watched television as they waited for Daehyun to return. Young guk stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

All of a sudden, a thundering voice was heard from the kitchen. It was Young Guk.

"Where is my expensive vase!?"

The other members burst out laughing.

 


AUTHORS NOTE
So good and bad news. Good news in that I only have two weeks of school left. Bad news Is that I have finals so there won't be many updates in the next two weeks. But after those two weeks, I will be on summer vacation and I can really focus on this fanfic!! Anyways thankyou to all my subbies and comments!