Chapter 49

Promise

 

"What do you mean there is a problem?!" Daehyun nearly shouted to Lee Kyun.

Lee Kyun winced on the other end of the phone from the loud outburst.

"Y/n has been hurt. Badly" He wasn't going to lie to Daehyun.

Daehyun nearly dropped his phone. Hurt? Badly?

"How...?" Daehyun whispered, his voice cracking.

"Some girls. I don't know their motive but I found y/n unconscious. I took her to the school nurse but she was in bad condition and was taken to a hospital."

Daehyun stopped listening after the first sentence. It was bad enough that you were injured. But, what was worse is that he was thousands of miles away.

"I think she will be fine. I promise to keep you updated." Lee Kyun tried to assure Daehyun.

Despite past tension between him and Lee Kyun, Daehyun actually appreciated Lee Kyun. Daehyun was thankful that Lee Kyun had called him and also taken care of you. 

"Thanks" Daehyun mumbled before hanging up.

Daehyun walked back to the rest of BAP, his face dull.

"Is everything okay?" Yongguk asked, genuinely concerned. He placed his hand on Daehyun's shoulder.

"Y/n..."

"What about noona?" Zelo asked innocently.

"She has been injured."

Himchan saw the pain written across Daehyun's face and motioned for the other boys to drop the subject. 

"Well, let's rehearse one last time and then we can go out to lunch." Yongguk told the boys.

The music to 'No Mercy', BAP's latest song began to play.

"Sounds good. We fly high! BAP! Leggo!" Zelo rapped.

"Boom clap boom boom clap!"

The boys danced and rehearsed but Daehyun messed up more than a couple times. Yongguk finally called the rehearsal to an end.

The boys decided to go out to a kimchi shop for lunch. As the boys grabbed their things and rushed out of the practice room, Yongguk noticed Daehyun sitting on the floor of the room.

"Come on Daehyun-shii, it's lunch time." Yongguk called from the door.

However, upon noticing that Daehyun hadn't budged, Yongguk quietly approached him.

Yongguk set his bag down and cautiously sat down next to Daehyun.

"Ugh, I'm getting old." Yongguk groaned as he crossed his legs.

Daehyun didn't respond and Yongguk sighed and bit his lip in worry.

"Listen Daehyun, we all miss you."

"I'm right here. How could you miss me."

Daehyun had finally responded.

"We all miss our bubbly, fun loving, food eating Dae."

Daehyun looked up sadly at Yongguk.

"Hyung~ it's just not the same."

"What do you mean?" Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

"I used to dream. I wanted to sing. But now, I can't even see my dream anymore. I started wondering why I couldn't see my dream anymore despite me currently achieving it. Then I realized that it was y/n who helped me to dream. As soon as we became distant, so did my dream."

Yongguk was slowly starting to understand.

Daehyun continued,"When I was fifteen, me and y/n were riding bikes and I fell and hurt my hand. I started crying. It was so embarrassing as you can probably imagine. However, y/n didn't laugh or even call me weak. She helped me bandage my hand. I asked her why and she said that sometimes, we all need to cry. I told her that boys weren't supposed to cry. Yet, she shook her head and said 'Everyone cries. Sometimes we break. But something we all need, is a dream' From that day forward, I knew I wanted to become a singer. My dream was the clearest it had ever been that day. But now hyung, my dream almost seems nonexistent."

Yongguk nodded and patted Daehyun's shoulder.

"Then catch sight of your dream again. We need the old Daehyun back."

A smile tugged at the edge of Daehyun's lips. Yongguk stood up and helped Daehyun to his feet. Yongguk casually slung his arm around Daehyun's shoulder.

"Let's go get some food. I'm starved" Yongguk said.

"Now that is something I can't disagree with." Daehyun laughed.

Yongguk playfully ruffled Daehyun's hair. 

 


AUTHORS NOTE

OMG such a lame ending. Forgive me? Anyways I hope you are enjoying my story. I have my story planned but this part is taking me awhile to write. Sorry for that. Anyway please subscribe and comment!!! And, I can't believe thatmy story is over halfway finished! I feel like I just started it! Also, I would really appreciate it if you would follow my Instagram BAP Fanpage. It is: @bap_gukkie