Chapter 33

Promise

 

"Hyung! Get up! Get up!"

"Zelo... Leave me alone..."

"But hyung, we are filming today. I'm excited!"

Daehyun groaned and reluctantly sat up in his bed. Zelo wasn't going to be quiet any time soon.

"Hyung, you don't look so well."

Daehyun coughed before wiping his eyes.

"I don't feel so well."

Himchan came running into the room.

"Junhong, it is time for you to get your hair and makeup done." Himchan told him.

Zelo squealed with delight and ran out of the room. He was clearly excited for the music video filming.

Himchan was about to leave when he suddenly realized how terrible Daehyun looked.

"Daehyun, you look terrible! Do you feel sick? Are you dying? Omo- you might have a fever!" Himchan said worriedly as he his 'nagging mother' mode.

"Yongguk get in here!" Himchan yelled as he placed the back of his hand on Daehyun's forehead.

"What do you need?" Yongguk asked as he walked into the room.

"Daehyun is sick." Himchan told him as he motioned to the now pale Daehyun.

Yongguk groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Daehyun, I told you that you were going to get sick from being out in the rain last night with y/n." Yongguk said as he rubbed his temples.

"Yah! You should have used an umbrella! Why didn't you wear a warmer jacket?" Himchan began scolding Daehyun.

Daehyun groaned and tossed a pillow at Himchan to shut his hyung up.

"I will have to call manager and tell him to reschedule Daehyun's filming." Yongguk said as he left the room.

"Daehyun, does your throat, stomach, or head hurt?" Himchan asked seriously.

"My throat and head hurt."

Himchan left Daehyun and returned a few minutes later with the appropriate medicine. Himchan also handed Daehyun a glass of water and a bowl of warm soup.

"Thanks hyung." Daehyun really meant it.

Himchan ruffled Daehyun's hair before leaving.

Daehyun glumly ate his soup and took his medicine. He was really looking forward to filming but now he was sick. He heard the other boys running around the dorm. He then heard them all leave and heard the front door close. They were going to the set to film.

Daehyun became bored just lying in bed so he the television but to his disappointment, there wasn't anything interesting to watch. 

"Oh! I'll text y/n! Hopefully she is not at school yet."

Daehyun grabbed his phone and sent you a text.

     "Hey y/n!"

To his surprise, you responded immediately.

     "Hey Daehyunnie :( "

     "What's wrong y/n?"

     "I'm sick."

     "Oh my gosh! Me too. It's probably from being in the rain last night. It's my fault for making you stand in the rain.

     "Don't feel bad Daehyun. I really enjoyed last night, even though I'm sick now. At least I don't have to go to school today :P "

You and Daehyun continued to text eachother and you both lost track of what time it was. 

"Hyung! I'm back!" 

Daehyun heard Zelo yell as the front door opened. Zelo came running into Daehyun's room and began to bounce up and down out of excitement.

"Hyung it was so cool! There were all these cameras and lights!"

Daehyun shook his head as he smiled at the younger boy. 

"Where is everyone else?" Daehyun asked curiously.

"They are coming up in the elevator." Zelo explained as he reached for a bag of chips on Daehyun's desk.

"Well why didn't you come up here with them?"

"I ran up the stairs. Me and Jongup hyung made a bet. He said the elevator could get here first and I said I would beat him if I ran up the stairs." Zelo said as he continued munching on the chips.

"So you beat him?" Daehyun asked, impressed that Zelo could run up stairs so fast.

"Of course not. I just ran to the other elevator which was open. The hyungs didn't even notice." Zelo shrugged.

All of a sudden the front door opened again.

"I beat Zelo!" Jongup yelled excitedly.

"Think again Hyung." Zelo yelled back as he put the bag of chips down and walked out of Daehyun's room.

"Yah! That is impossible!" Jongup said shocked.

Daehyun rolled his eyes as he heard the two maknaes arguing in the living room. Himchan and Yongguk were trying to get them to shut up and Youngjae walked into the room he shared with Daehyun.

"Who have you been texting?" Youngjae grinned as he raised his eyebrows and pointed at Daehyun's phone.

Youngjae suddenly grabbed Daehyun's phone.

"Hey! Give it back!"

"Awww..." Youngjae began to read through yours and Daehyun's conversation. 

Daehyun hid his embarrassed face with his hands.

"Dude, if you like y/n, why don't you ask her out?" Youngjae asked as he threw the phone back to Daehyun.

Daehyun felt himself blush.

"Yah! Leave me alone!" Daehyun yelled as he playfully shoved Youngjae.

Yongguk suddenly walked into the room.

"Aish- all the kids are fighting." Yongguk cried as he threw his hands up in exasperation.

Youngjae laughed as he ran by Yongguk and flicked his forehead.

Yongguk turned around and yelled at Youngjae. Youngjae let out a gleeful cheer and ran into the living room.

Yongguk groaned and turned back towards Daehyun who was still in bed.

"Manager says you will film next Tuesday. Unfortunately, this means our music video and debut stage will be rescheduled for a week later than the original date." Yongguk explained.

"Okay, thanks Hyung." 

Yongguk gave Daehyun a weary smile before returning to the living room to calm the rest of the kids.

 


AUTHORS NOTE

okay so I tried to make this chapter longer! I hope you are enjoying my story. And oh my goodness the BAP music video came out last night. The feels are too much. I.can.not.control.these.feels.
They were all so cute and adorable. I fell in love with the music video and I thought the song was okay. But I have been listening to the song more and it has definitely grown on me. I really love how BAP tries different genres and styles. #babyforever