Chapter 11

Promise

 

Daehyun stood in front of the small coffee shop biting his lip. He carried a bouquet of roses and he fiddled with the petals nervously.

After meeting Sunhwa yesterday and then texting later, they both decided to meet at the coffee shop a few blocks away from the TS building.

Daehyun was not really sure if it was a date or not, but he had taken Himchan's advice and bought flowers.

"If you bite any harder, it will bleed."

Daehyun looked up from his hands and saw Sunhwa smiling as she walked up to him. He immediately stopped biting his lip since Sunhwa had taken notice.

"For you." Daehyun hastily shoved the flowers in Sunhwa's direction. He hoped he didn't seem too nervous.

"Thankyou!" Sunhwa gingerly accepted the flowers. 

"Should we go in?" Sunhwa asked playfully.

 "Oh uh yea!" Daehyun said, stumbling upon his words

They walked into the coffee shop, inhaling the warm comforting scent. A tiny bell chimed, announcing their arrival.

"Welcome." An ajhuma warmly greeted them. "How can I help you?"

"Americano with extra cream." Daehyun ordered.

"Hmmm... I will have a Carmel latte." Sunhwa said after scanning a menu.

The cashier totaled the amount. "It will be $5.25"

Sunhwa reached into her purse, fumbling for her wallet. But Daehyun quickly pulled out a bill from his pocket and handed it to the ajhuma at the cash register. She then handed Daehyun his change. Daehyun thanked her and led Sunhwa to a small booth.

Sunhwa and Daehyun sat accross from each other. 

"I remember when I first came here. It was with my best friend y/n" Daehyun told Sunhwa.

"This is my first time here... And it's with you." Sunhwa shyly smiled at Daehyun.

Daehyun felt his face redden.

A waitress brought over their drinks and Daehyun politely thanked the waitress.

"Daehyun loosen up." Sunhwa abruptly said.

"Huh?" Daehyun asked confused.

"You seem so nervous. Don't be." She laughed as she lightly smacked his arm.

Daehyun grinned. Sunhwa was really easy going and in a few minutes, daehyun and Sunhwa were laughing and talking as if they had been friends for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going to stop by the coffee shop." You told your friend as you walked out of the front doors. Your classes had just finished. 

"Okay see you tomorrow y/n." Your friend waved as you both went your separate directions. 

You walked along the streets as you neared the coffee shop. It was you and daehyuns favorite coffee shop. You smiled to yourself as you remembered the first time you went there with Daehyun.

You were only a block away but it was starting to sprinkle light rain. Threatening clouds began filling the sky. You wanted to get into the shop before a storm came. You picked up your pace and as the rain came down harder, you ran faster.

You finally saw the coffee shop. You let out a breath of relief and were about to go into the shop when all of a sudden, you froze.

You took a step back and peered into the shop window. You saw Daehyun and a girl from secret (you assumed that it was Sunhwa since daehyun had a date with her). Your heart dropped. They were laughing and talking like best friends and they were sitting in the booth that you and Daehyun always sat in. You watched for a few seconds, unaware of the rain pouring down harder. 

You saw them stop talking and they just stared at each other. Daehyun slowly leaned in as his lips met with Sunhwa's.

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys sorry if this chapter is upsetting. I was upset writing it :( it is about to get really dramatic. Anyway thankyou for all my subbies and I hope you enjoy!