Chapter 46

Promise

 

*Your POV*

'Who could have done this?'

I stared at my door, tears burning my eyes. Three cartons of eggs had been thrown at my door and there were broken eggshells everywhere. Why would someone want to do this to me? I had a weird feeling I was being watched. So, I stepped through the mess and cautiously opened my door. I got into my dorm and locked the door quickly behind me. My good mood had been deflated by the incident and I immediately went to bed.

The next morning I woke up, completely forgetting the accident from the prior night. I washed up and then picked out an outfit. I decided on wearing a loose grey top and ripped cutoff jean shorts. I pulled my hair into a ponytail over my shoulder and then grabbed my shoulder bag.

 

 

I opened my door, the welcoming sunlight warming my skin. It seemed like a perfect day. I stepped out and heard crunching under my feet. It was the eggshells. I had completely forgotten. 

'I will clean this mess up later.'

I stepped over the shells and then resumed walking to my first class. I saw Julia walking further along the path. She was the girl who had let me borrow her notes.

"Julia!" I called, waving my arm.

She turned and then squinted at me before her eyes widened and she grinned.

"Oh hey!" 

I hurried to stand next to her before digging around in my shoulder bag. I pulled out her notebook and handed it to her.

"Here. Thanks again for letting me borrow it."

"No problem. I'll see you later today." She waved before walking off along another path.

I smiled and hummed quietly to myself as I walked to my first class which was vocal lessons. I saw a group of girls who were in my vocals class and I was sure they were glaring at me. 

'Must just be my imagination'

I took my seat in vocals and began to follow along with the instructor's directions. We warmed up our voices and practiced a few notes.

"Hmmm, you are new! Why don't you sing something for the class." The teacher pointed at me.

'I can't sing in front of everyone! Besides I don't know many English songs! Ugh-'

I gulped and nervously went to the front of the room. The group of girls from earlier snickered.

'I guess I wasn't imagining things earlier.'

I faced the class and rubbed my palms on my shorts.

"I don't know many English songs."

The group of girls looked at me disgusted.

"Ah-not a problem. Sing us a Korean song then." The teacher told me nicely.

I quietly began to sing 'Loving You' by Sistar. The teacher looked impressed and some of my classmates seemed to enjoy the song. I began to feel more confident and sang louder. I finished flawlessly and a few of my classmates cheered and clapped. My teacher clapped and praised me. I smiled shyly and then looked over at the group of girls who had been giving me rude looks. They rolled their eyes and pretended to be uninterested.

'Y/n, don't let them bother you.' I thought to myself as I returned to my seat. The class ended shortly after and I went to my mathematics class next. Math was a strong subject for me and the class went very smoothly. It was lunch time after my math class. I had made myself a lunch earlier that morning so I walked around the cafeteria, looking for Lee Kyun. I saw him sitting at a table with a few of his other friends I had met in the coffee shop. They waved me over to the table.

I felt relieved that I had somewhere to sit and began to make my way across the cafeteria, weaving in between tables. I was almost to Lee Kyun's table when I felt something hit the back of my head. The whole cafeteria became quiet and stared at me. I put my hand up to the back of my head. I felt something warm and slimy. I grabbed some of the unknown substance from the back of my neck and held it in front of me. It was spaghetti from the cafeteria lunch. I felt some of it sliding down my back and I flinched at the unwanted feeling. People began to laugh and take pictures. I could only imagine how ridiculous I looked with spaghetti running down my head and back. I saw Lee Kyun stand up and begin to walk towards me but I turned around and ran out of the cafeteria. I entered the girls bathroom and went into one of the stalls. As soon as I shut the door, I began to cry. I must have looked like a terrible mess.

"I hate it here! I want to go home! What have I done to deserve this?" I cried to myself.

"Y/n ah..."

It was Lee Kyun and...he was in the girl's restroom?

"Lee Kyun?"

"Yes, it's me. Please come out." He knocked on my stall door again.

"Lee Kyun this is a girl's restroom."

"Nevermind that. Now please come out."
 
I unlocked the door and stepped out. I hid my face with the back of my hand. Lee Kyun led me over to to the sink and helped me clean up.

"This was my favorite shirt..." I mumbled as I looked down at the huge stain.

He took off his jacket and covered me in it.

"Better?" He asked, grabbing my shoulders to look at my face.

"Sort of." I wiped my eyes.

"Now don't let the jerks get to you. They are just jealous. If anything happens again, make sure to tell me. Okay?"

"Okay." I answered quietly.

"Now let's get out of the girl's restroom before a teacher catches me." Lee Kyun led me out of the bathroom.

He began to lead me back into the cafeteria but I shook my head and pulled back.

"I don't want to go in there."

"Come on y/n, you have to eat." He persuaded.

I finally gave up resisting and followed him in the cafeteria. The room grew silent as I walked in and people turned to stare at me.

"Nothing to see here! Mind your own business!" Lee Kyun yelled, dismissing everybody with his hand. 

Thankfully, people resumed their own business and left me alone for the rest of lunch. The bell rang and I gathered my books.

"Would you like me to walk you to your next class?" Lee Kyun seemed genuinely concerned.

"No, it's okay."

"Alright. I will see you later." He waved to me as he left the cafeteria.

I began to walk to my next class which was science.

'I won't let anyone stand in my way'

 


AUTHORS NOTE

I hope this chapter was interesting. There are now some bullies. Anyways I was given a Korean name by the foreign exchange korean students. They gave me the name Jung Soo Jung. It is Krystal from FX real name. Haha! Anyway please comment and subscribe. Thankyou <3