Chapter 52

Promise

 

You and Daehyun walked hand in hand down the street. You held the boquet of roses in the other hand. He led you down a familiar road. You passed the cherry blossom trees which were just blooming. You both stopped for a moment and looked up at the beautiful array of pink above your heads.

"They are so pretty..."

"Yea" Daehyun agreed as he continued to look up at the beautiful flowers. He rested his head on yours.

After a few moment, Daehyun pulled you away from the cherry blossoms.

"You know where we are going?" Daehyun asked you.

"Of course; the coffee shop!" You answered, looking up to grin at Daehyun.

"So cute" Daehyun playfully pinched your cheek.

"Ow!" You rubbed your cheek.

Daehyun pecked your cheek, causing your face to turn red. 

"Better?" He asked. He smirked at seeing you blush.

*well duh!*

"Ehh..." You shrugged.

"I saw you blush" 

Of course he wasn't going to let the subject drop.

"Fine. Yes. Happy?" You asked exasperated.

"Very happy." He answered, showing a cheeky smile.

Daehyun then pointed ahead at the coffee shop. As you both entered the shop, a bell chimed,signaling the arrival of a customer. The sweet scent enveloped you and gave you a warm feeling.

You felt Daehyun poke your arm and then point to a booth near a window. You smiled; it was Daehyun and yours table.

As you both sat, a waitress came over to take your orders.

"Iced mocha"

"Americano" 

The waitress scribbled on a notepad and bowed her head before returning to the counter.

It had been months since coming here with Daehyun. You had definitely missed those times. 

"Oh how is Hyo-Rin?" You asked, remembering your friend who was once a waitress at this coffee shop. She was going to debut in a girl group soon.

"Well her and Yongguk are doing good." Daehyun answer, winking as he did so.

You tilted your head curiously, waiting for Daehyun to explain.

"Yongguk finally got the courage to confess. I think they have been dating for a month now. Yongguk has been really supportive because she is stressed for her upcoming debut."

"Oh my god!" You squealed in delight.

Daehyun winced and rubbed his ear as he pouted.

"What was that?"

"Hyo-Rin and Yongguk! That's so cute! I totally ship them! I knew they liked each other."

Daehyun rolled his eyes at your sudden fangirl moment.

The waitress returned with your drinks. You thanked her and began to sip your drink.

"So how are the other boys?"

"Tired. We have been rehearsing for KCON. It's a Korean festival in America. Oh!~ also, me and Youngjae are sort of in a fight right now."

"Why?"

"That immature guy ate a cheesecake."

"What's wrong with that?"

"That cheesecake was from a fan who made it for me!" Daehyun pretended to wipe an imaginary tear.

You burst out laughing. It was so typical that Daehyun would be upset over food. 

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

"Y/n! I'm here!"

You came running down the stairs and saw a smiling Daehyun at the bottom.

"Who let you in?"

"Your mother just did."

"Oh~ she should have told me." You ran a hand through your hair.

Daehyun tossed his backpack onto the couch. He practically lived at your house. Both of your parents were also very fond of him.

"I'm hungry" he mumbled to himself as he walked to the kitchen.

You scoffed. This boy only had one thing on his mind: food. 

He opened the fridge as if he were in his home. 

"Y/n! Your mom said there was some ramen in here!" He turned around and stared at you bewildered.

"I ate it earlier when I came home from school."

"Aish! Seriously!?" Daehyun cried as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"It's not like it was your ramen! Anyway, this is my house!" You said, amazed at how ridiculous Daehyun was being.

"What's going on?" Your mother asked as she walked into the kitchen. She had heard the bickering.

"I thought there was ramen. But y/n ate it all. I guess I will just have to starve." Daehyun whined.

"Oh don't worry dear. I'll make some ramen right now!" 

Your stood there with your mouth open. How was it that Daehyun got away with everything?

"Oh thank you so much!" Daehyun said cheerfully.

Your mother smiled and pinched his cheek.

"Go make yourself comfortable. Y/n will help me prepare the ramen." 

It was your turn to stare at your mother. Who said you were going to help?

Daehyun bowed again and as he walked by you, he whispered, "close your mouth. You might swallow a bug."

He then smiled sweetly again and went into the living room.

"I'm going to get you Jung Daehyun." You mumbled under your breath.

~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~


You laughed light heartily at the memory. You had been frustrated at the time but now it was quite funny.

"What?" Daehyun asked, wondering why you were laughing.

"I just remembered the ramen incident."

Daehyun nearly spit out his drink. He began to laugh.

"You were so mad!" He laughed as he clenched his sides that were being to ache from the laughter.

People began to glare disapprovingly at your table. But neither one of you could care less.

Finally, the laughter began to die down and you both regained your composure.

Daehyun then looked at you and pointed at your lip.

"You have something~"

You rubbed your lip. It must have been some of the coffee.

"Here~"Daehyun then leaned in and kissed you gently. He pulled away, leaving you blushing.

"It's gone." He smiled.

You touched your lip and then let out a nervous giggle. You face had to be cherry red.

Daehyun rested his chin on his hand and stared at you.

"So pretty..." He murmured.

You grinned and tried to cover your face. 

*Jung Daehyun, do you have any idea what you do to me?*

 

AUTHORS NOTE
hey! So here is a cute update! I loved writing this chapter. I have some sad news though, this story is getting closer and closer to an end. *sobs* I may or may not write a sequel ^^ anyways please comment because I love your support (>~<)