Chapter 40

Promise

 

"Shoes?"

"Yes."

"Socks?"

"Yup."

"Jackets?"

"Check."

Your mother was worried about you and was making sure you had all necessities packed. Your flight to America was later tonight. You were practically bouncing off the walls due to the excitement.

Your parents drove you to the airport in the afternoon. As you were checking in luggage, your mother suddenly pulled you into an embrace.

"Y/n ah~ please be safe."

"I will omma! I'll make sure to call and write to you and appa."

"If you need anything, we are always there for you." Your father said as he hugged you tightly.

You smiled lovingly at your parents and waved as you entered the terminal. You took a seat and pulled out your laptop. You began to type up an email for Hyo-Rin. Ever since the showcase, she was busy rehearsing for her debut with a new girl group. You two didn't have much time to hang out but you both always made sure to email each other. You suddenly heard the call for your flight. You closed your laptop and grabbed your carry on before boarding the plane with other passengers.

A flight attendant spoke, "please turn off all electric devices, including cell phones. Also, please stay seated during take off."

You followed the instructions and turned off your cell phone. This was your first flight and you felt nervous inside. You gripped your seat tightly as the plane took off. There was no going back now.


------------------

"Yah! Why does this girl have her phone off?!" Daehyun groaned in frustration as he tried calling you for the fifth time. 

"Hyung, we are trying to watch a movie!" Youngjae grumbled as he shoved more popcorn into his mouth.

"Yah! Hyung stop eating all the popcorn!" Zelo whined and began to fight for the bowl.

Daehyun rolled his eyes and went to his room. He tried calling you one last time but to no avail. 

*I will just have to find her myself*

He went to the living room where the other boys were and grabbed his jacket.

"Where are you going?" Yongguk asked, turning away from the movie momentarily.

Daehyun remained silent and continued to walk out of the door. Yongguk stood up and was about to chase after him but Jongup grabbed Yongguk's arm.

"Hyung, he is going to leave regardless of what you say. He is most likely looking for y/n. Let him go. He shouldn't be gone too long."

Yongguk sighed but agreed with Jongup. 

"If he is gone for more than an hour, we are going to look for him." Yongguk told the other boys who nodded in return.

Meanwhile, Daehyun caught a taxi and told the driver your address. He arrived in no time and was soon standing in front of your door. He took a deep breathe and knocked. Last time he was here, he had acted so harshly. He fully regretted it.

The front door opened. "Daehyun-shii, what a surprise to see you here." 

"Oh Hello Mrs. Kim." Daehyun bowed.

"Come in, I was just brewing some tea."

"Actually" Daehyun shifted uncomfortably before continuing "I was wondering if I could speak to y/n."

Mrs. Kim frowned and awkwardly rubbed her arm.

"Did y/n not tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Daehyun was beginning to grow worried.

"Y/n is going to study abroad. She is in America."

 

AUTHORS NOTE 

Thank you for all my subbies and readers! The chapters will now be written in different point of views which I will make clear.