Chapter 10

Promise

You sat on the edge of your bed, your eyes burning. You blinked back another tear.

"I really guess you forgot. Or you don't care." You mumbled as you dropped your phone to the floor.

Daehyun was supposed to call you so you could reserve him tickets for your showcase. But he forgot to call or maybe he just forgot you.

You sighed as you buried your face into your pillow.

After a few moments, your sadness began to fade and you felt anger. You should have known that Daehyun would forget you. You leaned over to you nightstand and picked up a framed photo of you and Daehyun in the sixth grade. You threw the frame across the room. It hit the wall and the glass cracked as it fell to the floor. You felt your heart lurch in pain.

You were shocked to hear your phone ring. It was Daehyun. You bitterly answered the phone.

"you are two hours late calling." You snapped into the phone.

"Listen y/n I can explain!" Daehyun pleaded.

"I'm sure you can." You grumbled sarcastically.

"I met with the famous girl group 'Secret' and me and Sunhwa really bonded and we have a date tomorrow. I was just busy. I'm sorry y/n don't be mad." Daehyun tried to reason with you.

Your heart dropped when he said he had a date with Sunhwa. You couldn't even respond.

Daehyun continued talking, "Sunhwa is really pretty and funny. You should have seen the way she sang. I could literally feel my heart melt. I had to talk to her and I forgot to call you."

This time your heart shattered at his words. Not only did he have a thing for Sunhwa, but he confirmed that he forgot you. 

"She sounds perfect...congratulations Daehyun." You mumbled, trying not to allow your voice to crack.

"yea.." Daehyun said dreamingly.

"oh, jeez I almost forgot again. The whole reason I called is to make sure I have a ticket for your showcase." Daehyun said.

"oh yea, I will reserve you a ticket." You responded half heartily.

"thanks y/n ! You really are a great friend! Wish me luck on my date tomorrow!"

"bye" you mumbled.

"bye" daehyun chirped before hanging up.

You just sat on your bed. You allowed your tears to freely fall. Daehyun only saw you as a friend. You should be happy with that. But it has only been a few weeks and already Daehyun is drifting away from you. 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

sooo I'm sorry for not updating recently. I just turned in my two huge projects for school so I will try to update more currently again. And in two weeks I will be at the bap concert OMG !! Is anyone else going to the bap loe us concerts? And by the way, the next chapter is sure to be dramatic *does evil laugh*