Chapter 14

Promise

 

You step out into the strong downpour outside of the ramen shop. You mentally curse yourself for not having an umbrella. You tug your jacket hoodie over your head and use your hand to shield your face from the harsh wind. You wanted to confess to Daehyun. Ever since the day you and him had kissed, you realized you had feelings for him. You needed to get to the TS building but you had no idea where you currently were. 

You quickly waved at a taxi. The taxi halted to an abrupt stop. You swung the taxi door open and slid into the back seat.

"TS entertainment company building!" You nearly shouted at the taxi driver.

As the taxi cab sped along the streets of Seoul, your fumbled around in your purse for your wallet. 

"Ohmygod." You gasped.
 
You only had two wrinkled bills and a few worthless coupons.

"Excuse me. I don't have any money. Is there any way ---"

Your head hits the back of the passenger seat in from of you as the taxi driver slams on the breaks.

You knew what this meant. You shamefully stepped out of the cab. The driver gave you a dirty look as you grabbed your bag. You had barely closed the door and the taxi was already speeding away. 

You groaned as you pulled your hood over your head again. It was beginning to hail and the frozen rain slapped you in the face. 

At least you recognized where you were. You were still at least 7 blocks away from the TS building though. You shoved your hands in your pockets and began to trudge your way through puddles. You were not going to give up so easily. You didn't care if you had to walk seven blocks through a storm. You were going to confess to Daehyun and there was no way you were backing down.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehyun and Sunhwa walked hand in hand through the rain back to the TS building. Daehyun awkwardly nodded his head as Sunhwa chattered away. Finally, they stepped Into the warm lobby. Daehyun tugged his hand away from Sunhwa as they waited for the elevator. A bell chimed and the elevator doors opened. The elevator ride was awkward as Sunhwa tried to make conversation. They finally arrived to the floor of the dance studio. Sunhwa trailed behind Daehyun at his heels. As Daehyun opened the dance studio doors, he saw all his band members lounging around on their electronic devices. 

"Hyung is back!" Zelo called, announcing the arrival of his older band mate.

"Hey." Youngguk waved as he looked up from his iPod.

"Guess what!" Sunhwa screeched.

All of BAP turned towards Sunhwa, waiting to hear what she had to say.

Even Daehyun looked at her in surprise. 

"What could this girl possibly be so excited about?" Daehyun thought to himself.

"Why don't you tell them Daehyun Oppa." Sunhwa said, grinning at Daehyun.

All eyes turned to look at Daehyun. They stared at him so expectantly.

"Tell them what?" Daehyun asked confused.

"You are so silly." Sunhwa giggled. "Me and Daehyun Oppa are officially a couple!"

Daehyun's jaw must have hit the floor in less than half a second.

"Wow congrats!" Himchan exclaimed as he patted Daehyun on the back.

"Wait does this mean hyung has a girlfriend?" Zelo asked, clearly confused.

Sunhwa blushed as she nodded her head .

All the boys seemed excited for Daehyun. But all Daehyun could do was weakly nod as he slouched against the wall. He never intended for Sunhwa to think they were a couple. He only liked her as a friend. He had tried to apologize for the kiss and instead, Sunhwa had kissed him again. He never even asked her to be his girlfriend.

Daehyun knew that he should have spoke up at that moment and told Sunhwa that they weren't a couple. That they were only friends. But he just couldn't bring himself to do it. 

Little did Daehyun know that maybe, just maybe, things would have turned out different if he had just spoken up.

 

 


AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys I'm finally on spring break!! *throws confetti* I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope it was longer. I made sure I kept my promise for a new chapter today! Oh and how did you like the foreshadowing at the end of the chapter *wink wink*
Anyway only five days till the concert! And talk about that body and seoul performance at the New York Concert. Anyways I will try to update again soon and hopefully you are enjoying this fanfic :)