Chapter 44

Promise

 

*Your POV*

"Attention class" The teacher clapped his hands to get the attention of the class. "Today we have a new student, all the way from Korea. Please introduce yourself."

I brushed the hair from my face and smiled.

"Hello, my name is y/n. I'm excited to be studying here"

A few students smiled encouragingly at me while most seemed too uninterested to care. I sighed and took my seat. 

'I hope I can make a few friends'

I had to admit that I was intimidated. I was a foreigner and English wasn't my first language. 

The teacher, Mr. Smith, began to teach a lesson about including a thesis when writing an essay. I tried to really pay attention since he was talking fast and it was hard to understand. I couldn't keep up with my notes and was writing very slowly.

"Ah- what in the world?"

The student behind me had thrown a paper at the back of my head. I turned around and glared at her. She rolled her eyes and mouthed two words, "open it."

I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly opened the paper.

~I can let you borrow my notes after class.~

I smiled and quietly thanked her before turning back around in my seat. The rest of the class went by slowly and the bell finally rang, dismissing everyone. I grabbed my shoulder bag and slung it over my shoulder before walking outside.

"Hey!"

I turned around and saw the girl from earlier.

"You can give them back tomorrow." 

She handed me a notebook and grinned.

"My name is Julia by the way."

I smiled shyly.

"Thankyou."

"No problem." She replied as she jogged off to anther group of people.

I tucked the notebook in my bag and set off towards my dorm. *ring ring* My phone started ringing. Daehyun.

'Should I answer it? No. I shouldn't give in to his apologies. But I should do the right thing and answer it. Right?'

I groaned out loud due to my inner struggle. I honestly missed Daehyun so I answered the phone.

"H-Hello" I stuttered.

"Y/n! Wow you actually answered!"

"Listen, I have homework and other things I need to be doing. So if you can please hurry up and tell me what you need..."

"Come back to Korea. Please."

"Yah! Jung Daehyun." I narrowed my eyes, though he couldn't see that. "Why would I come back when I have an opportunity to study here?"

"We all miss you! BAP misses you! I miss you." He said the last part quieter.

"Daehyun, you know that I'm still upset about everything that has happened." My tone was softer. He was my best friend and I so badly wanted to forgive him.

"I know and you have no idea how badly I want you to forgive me! If I could I would be right there with you, begging for your forgiveness. Please come back, we need you. I need you."

I remained silent. I had forgiven him already. I just hadn't said it but I know that deep down, I couldn't stay mad at him.

"Y/n ah, I love you."

 

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in a few days. I have been busy with sports. I will try to update again soon. I'm hoping that my story is still interesting for you to read! I say it all the time but thankyou to my lovely subscribers and comments!