Chapter 42

Promise

 

*your POV*

My eyes widened in surprise, not expecting to feel Lee Kyun's lips on mine. The kiss lingers a second before he pulls away suddenly. He looks at me concerned. He shakes his head and his eyes are downcast to the floor, not meeting mine.

"Y/n ah, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what got into me."

He looks up at me, almost like he is scared of what I might say.

"Lee Kyun, I don't feel that way towards you. You know I like Daehyun."

"I know you like him but I am confused of my feelings. Yet I can't step in between you and Daehyun."

You nod slowly. 

"I'm sorry Lee Kyun. It's just that I still have my feelings for Daehyun. But I know you will find a girl that will mean so much more that you truly love."

His lips tugged upward into a small smile.

"Thanks y/n ah. So we are still friends?"

"Well duh! Of course!"

I opened the door to my dorm.

"Bye y/n." He waved as he began to walk back down the path we came.

"See you tomorrow!" I called before closing the door.

The dorm was huge, there was a bathroom, bedroom, living room, an kitchen. 

"Waa- there's even a mini fridge!" I squealed as I ran over to admire the small fridge. 

I immediately remembered when Daehyun hugged the mini fridge back at the old dorms. I sighed, I needed to stop thinking about him. I finally looked at all the contents in the envelope that Lee Kyun had handed me. I looked over my schedule. My first class was at 9 am.

'I better get some rest'

I washed up and snuggled under the covers of my bed. I looked at my phone and saw that I had over ten missed calls; from Daehyun.

'Aish, this boy. Should I call him? He's your best friend! But he did ignore you'

The phone suddenly rang and I nearly fell off my bed due to the sudden call. It was Daehyun. My phone rang a few times before I finally picked enough courage to answer it.

"H-h-hello?" I stuttered.

"Y/n! Finally!"

"Daehyun it's late and I have stuff to do."

I had nothing to do but I didn't want to talk to him.

Y/n why didn't you tell me?!" 

He sounded upset.

"Tell you what?"

"Don't act clueless! Why didn't you tell me that you were going to study in the states?"

He had seen right trough my facade. I mentally scolded myself.

"You ignored me last time I saw you and you hate me! What makes you think I would tell you?"

"Well we are best fri-"

"No! Don't pull that! If you were my best friend, you would try to spend time with me. You would try to understand. You wouldn't yell and ignore me."

I surprised even myself at my sudden outburst.

"Y/n ah..." He said softly.

"No. I'm not going to hear it."

"Please forgive me."

I almost forgave him and told him that I missed him. But it wasn't going to be that easy. He didn't deserve to be let off like that.

"No Daehyun. I deserve more than an apology over the phone and we both know that."

I hung up and tossed my phone onto my bedside table. Although I felt slightly bad, I knew I needed to stand up for myself. I could eventually forgive him, but it was going to take more than a phone call.

 

AUTHORS NOTE

So 'you' finally stood up for yourself! Also, I want to make it clear that there won't be any romance between you and lee Kyun. It was more of an innocent kiss because he didn't really know how he felt. But you two are just friends. So don't worry! Anyways please comment and subscribe! I really do read your comments and they mean a lot. Thankyou *hugs*