Chapter 19

Promise

 

You anxiously stared at your phone, waiting for Lee Kyun to answer.

"Hello?"

"Lee Kyun? It's me, y/n."

"Oh hi! How have you been?"

You nervously bit your lip. You hadn't talked to lee Kyun in three weeks since the day you were crying and first met him.

"Fine, I guess. I am really busy with the showcase."

"Oh, that's right! When is it?"

"Five weeks from now."

"Ah~ the date is approaching."

"Yea" you mumbled deep in thought.

"Y/n are you sure you are alright?"

"I'm fine." You said a little too harshly.

"Y/n ah, come on. I know something is bothering you. You can tell me."

He saw right through the facade you tried to put up.

"I'm fine. Okay. Why does everyone have to ask so many questions? Can't you just mind your own freaking business!" You shouted into the phone.

"Y/n ah..."

"I. Am. Fine." You growled through gritted teeth.

You ended the call before Lee kyun could manage to get in another word. You threw your phone to the floor and buried your face into your pillow, letting out a muffled scream. You screamed until it hurt. Finally, you tossed the pillow aside and rolled over on your back, facing the ceiling. 

Your anger slowly dissipated and you felt sudden guilt. You shouldn't have acted so harshly towards Lee Kyun. You didn't blame him if he never wanted to talk to you again. You tried to push the thoughts of Lee Kyun to the back of your mind.

You really wanted to fix your relationship with daehyun. You didn't care if he had a girlfriend, you just wanted your friendship back.

      "hey Daehyun I miss you. I've been busy. Call me tonight. XD"

You reread your message at least five times before you decided that you were satisfied and sent it.

You made ramen and watched your favorite television show. You were feeling much better. It was now fairly late in the evening and you checked your messages. There were none. 

'Daehyun probably just hasn't seen the message' you thought to yourself.

You finished studying and prepared for bed. It was almost midnight and when you checked your phone, Daehyun still hadn't responded. You frowned. Daehyun always would respond quickly to you. You furrowed your eye brows in anticipation. You shrugged it off and went to bed, hoping you would wake to a message from Daehyun.

You woke to the sound of your alarm. You turned it off and sat up, yawning. You rubbed you eyes and suddenly remembered the message you sent. You excitedly reached for your phone. No messages. You sighed as you set your phone down again. Maybe Daehyun was busy practicing with BAP and he didn't have time to look at his phone. At least, that's what you hoped had happened.

You dressed for school and ate a quick breakfast before attending to your classes. The day dragged on and finally, you were released from school. You exited the school doors as you waved to your friends.

You walked along a path to your dorm as you half heartily kicked pebbles along the path. You began to hum a soft tune to yourself. You then blocked out your surroundings and began to sing quietly. 

You were so busy singing to yourself, you didn't see the other person on the path walking in your direction. You ran into their chest, letting out a small huff as you felt the impact.

You had a mini heartattack when you recognized the person in front of you.

"Zelo!?"