Chapter 24

Promise

 

The members all turned to stare as they heard the door open. 

"Woah- is there a reason everyone is staring at me as if I have murdered somebody?" Daehyun said as he threw his backpack to the floor.

"Sit down." Youngjae said as he impatiently raised his tone.

Dahyun never heard Youngjae raise his voice. He knew that something serious was going on so he shut his mouth and obeyed.

"Listen Dae-"

"Oh Sunhwa just texted me hang-"

Zelo snatched the phone away and glared at Daehyun. Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows in worry. Zelo never would disrespect his hyung like that.

Jongup couldn't take it anymore, "shut up and listen." He snapped.

It was everyone's turn to stare at Jongup. He rarely spoke and they never thought the day would come when he would yell at someone.

"Listen Daehyun, we know that there is something wrong in your relationship with Sunhwa...you can talk to us about it." Youngjae said quieter this time.

"There is nothing wrong." Daehyun replied defensively.

"Daehyun we think you should break up with Sunhwa. Do you really like her?" Himchan questioned.

"Who do you think you are? You can't tell me what to do! Don't even pretend to act like you know, because you don't!" Daehyun shouted as he clenched his fists.

"You have no idea do you?" Yong guk said sympathetically.

"What are you talking about?" Daehyun responded coldly.

"Your best friend, y/n, has always been there for you. Do you not see the way she looks at you? When Sunhwa was here, did you pay no attention to y/n? She didn't come here just to say 'hi'. She was here to see you. But the worst part is you didn't even seem to notice. Dae don't you understand? You are her everything. Do you really not realize that the girl who loves you has been 
in front of you the whole time?" Yong guk said as he stared intently at Daehyun for a reaction.

Daehyun's eyes shifted to the floor and he stared at his feet. 

"I do love y/n." Daehyun whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Then tell her!" Youngjae said exasperated.

"I can't"

"Why not?" Zelo asked.

"I never meant to date Sunhwa. She made assumptions. But now how am I supposed to just break up with her?"

"Just tell her you don't like her." Zelo said as he shrugged.

"Aish junhong, love is complicated." Daehyun clicked his tounge.

"Well I don't understand love then." Zelo said as he threw his hands up in defeat.

While everyone was distracted and talking, Himchan had grabbed Daehyun's phone and looked through his contacts until he found Sunhwa's number.

"Here I just dialed Sunhwa." Himchan interrupted as he tossed Daehyun the phone. 

"What?!" Daehyun cried.

"Hello?" Sunhwa asked through the phone.

Daehyun held the phone up to his ear.

"Hey Sunhwa, it's daehyun."

"Oppa!" Sunhwa screeched.

Daehyun squeezed his eyes shut and held the phone away as he rubbed his ear. 

He finally held the phone up to his ear again.

"Listen Sunhwa, I need to end it here."

"End what?" Sunhwa asked innocently.

She was only making things harder.

"Sunhwa I am breaking up with you."

"Sorry Daehyun I don't think I heard you correctly. For a second there, I thought you wanted to break up with me."

Daehyun pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

"Sunhwa do I need to spell it out? I. Am. Breaking. Up. With. You."

Daehyun heard silence. Finally, after a long pause, Sunhwa spoke.

"Daehyun, is it something I did?"

"No. Honestly, I didn't mean for you to think we were in a relationship in the first place."

"So you led me on?" Sunhwa said angrily.

"Well, not intentionally."

"You lying piece of-"

"Sunhwa listen. I didn't realize it but I love someone else."

"I really liked you Daehyun."

"Sunhwa..."

"Daehyun I understand you like someone else and I'll respect that. But it doesn't mean I will give up on you."

Sunhwa ended the call.

Daehyun just stood there and shook his head. 

"Well at least you can confess to y/n now." Himchan said brightly.

"I just feel bad for doing that to Sunhwa." Daehyun mumbled.

"Just forget about it. You need to be with the right person." Youngjae encouraged.

Daehyun smiled. He felt better now that all the guilt was off his chest.

"So when will you confess to y/n?" Zelo asked as he looked up at Daehyun.

"I don't want to wait much longer. I will confess to her tomorrow." Daehyun said as he pumped his fist in the air. 

"Fighting!" Everyone cheered.

"Now that everything is taken care of, I am hungry." Daehyun whined.

"That's the Daehyun I know." Youngjae said as he rolled his eyes. But he couldn't hide the smile that played on his lips.

 


AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys. This is my last update for a few days. I really need to prepare for finals. I just really wanted to write one more chapter before I become super busy. I hope you enjoyed it. Also, just to let you know, things are about to get much more dramatic in this fanfic. So be prepared :P