Chapter 54

Promise

 

You smiled and turned around, admiring your whole outfit in the mirror.

You were wearing a white, lace, knee length dress. You had a brown jacket and leopard print clutch.

 

*elegant. simple. pretty*

Today was your very first official date with Daehyun. He wouldn't tell you where he was taking you though.

*10 am*

Daehyun should pick you up any minute now.

You finished a few last touches on your makeup and as if timed, a knock was heard on the door.

You grabbed your clutch and then opened the door.

Daehyun stood outside, grinning, holding a bouquet of flowers.

He kissed your cheek and then handed the flowers to you.

*how could such small actions make you blush so much?*

"Let me find a vase for these" you motioned towards the flowers.

You quickly ran to the kitchen and filled a tall vase with water. You put the flowers in the vase and hurried back to the front door.

Daehyun looked handsome, his smile etched on his lips, hands in pockets.

"Ready?" He asked.

*God how is the boy so perfect*

"Yes."

He stuck out his arm in which you laughed and held out yours. You interlocked your arms.

"So...should I even bother asking?"

"Nope. I'm not going to tell you where we are going." Daehyun explained sternly.

You pouted.

*Typical Daehyun not telling you anything.*

Daehyun and you made small talk as you both walked to an unknown destination.

"We are here!" Daehyun pointed forward.

*A bus stop?*

Daehyun seemed to notice the concern written across your face.

"Don't worry. The bus is just taking us to the destination"

You sighed in relief but couldn't hide the embarrassment. 

*of course the bus stop wasn't the date*

You nodded stiffly before stepping into the bus. You and Daehyun took the last two available seats. The bus then began to move.

Two stops later, an aghussi boarded the bus. You quickly stood up and offered the older man your seat. He smiled and thanked you.

You gripped the bar over your head to keep your balance when the bus began to move again. Daehyun and the aghussi were enjoying eachothers company and were carrying on a conversation.

The aghussi suddenly whispered something in Daehyun's ear and then looked at you. Daehyun smiled in your direction and whispered something back.

You felt very self conscious the way they looked at you.

The bus came to an abrupt stop and being that you were deep in thought you didn't realize.

You lost your grip on the bar and your body flew forward. You waited to feel impact, but it never game.

You were face down in some sort of cushion. 

"Y/n are you okay?" 

You heard the concerned voice of your boyfriend.

You looked up and were shocked to see Daehyun's face above you. Then you understood what happened. You had fallen into Daehyun's lap and now....

Realization hit you and you became flustered.

You stood up quickly and tried to straighten your hair. You avoided eye contact with Daehyun.

*how embarassing was that? Falling face first into Daehyun's lap on a public bus?*

The aghussi chuckled and shook his head slightly.

At the next stop, Daehyun stood up. You both had to get off here. Daehyun shook hands with the aghussi. Then, Daehyun caught you off guard and grabbed your hand. He interlaced his fingers with yours and you both walked off the bus.

You and Daehyun walked silently for two minutes until Daehyun spoke.

"About what happened on the bus..."

He was referring to the "falling in lap" incident.

"Let's pretend that never happened" you suggested.

Daehyun laughed and nodded.

"Deal."

"Daehyun"

"Hmm?"

"What did the aghussi say to you?"

Daehyun smirked.

"Something."

"You aren't going to tell me?"

"Not right now."

You grumbled and stuck out your bottom lip.

"Don't pout, we are here now!"

You looked forward and your jaw dropped.

*the state fair*

"I've always wanted to come here!" You giggled in excitement.

You stared in awe at the rides, booths, parades, and shows. You began to run towards a Carosel. 

"Yah! Hold on! We have to buy tickets first."

You groaned and reluctantly followed Daehyun to a ticket booth. 

"Hurry" you whined, tugging on Daehyun's sleeve lightly.

"Y/n ah~ I can't make the line go any faster"

After what seemed like an eternity, Daehyun had finally purchased tickets.

"So what do you want to do first?"

"Carosel"

"Carosel it is then!" Daehyun cheered, pumping his fist in the air.

You both went over to the Carosel.

"Oh~ I want the white horse!" You clapped your hands together and climbed onto the white stallion.

"But jagi, I don't want to ride a pink horse." Daehyun said, as he pointed to the horse next to yours.

It was a light pink horse with a purple mane and plastic jewels scattered over the blue saddle.

"Please, for me?" You did aeygo.

Daehyun grumbled but reluctantly gave in and climbed up onto the frilly pink horse. The ride began and you smiled as your horse went up and down.

"Isn't this fun Daehyun?"

*no response*

You looked over to Daehyun and burst out laughing. He looked ridiculous, riding the pink horse that was two times too small for him.

"The guys never need to find out about this" Daehyun said, furrowing his eyebrows.

After riding a couple more rides, you and Daehyun found a bench and ate. 

It was getting dark and the fair was beginning to come alive. There were countless lanterns hanging above your heads. You and Daehyun found a grassy area and sat down to relax.

You rested your head on his shoulder.

"Oppa..."

Daehyun smiled. He liked hearing you call him that.

"Yea?"

"What did the aghussi really say to you?"

Daehyun moved, causing you to sit straight up. Daehyun then turned and looked at you.

"He said I was lucky to have such a pretty and nice girlfriend like you. I told him that I couldn't agree more."

Your heart nearly melted at his words.

"Jung Daehyun, you are the cheesiest guy ever. But, don't worry because it makes my heart flutter."

 


AUTHORS NOTE

-IMPORTANT NEWS-

There is only one more chapter left.

I just want to say that this has been amazing to write and have so many supporters. Each and every comment makes me smile. (I really do read them all) 

*sobs* I love you guys

Anyways, the results of the poll showed that everyone wanted a sequel. I'm not sure yet if I will have the time or what would be the plot.

So, I am doing one last poll and if everyone really does want a sequel, then I will write it. But if not enough people want it, I won't write it.

Please please participate in the poll so I can see what my readers want ^^