Chapter 28

Promise

 

"We are B.A.P. Thankyou." The six boys bowed their heads as they clapped their hands. They had just finished their final day of recording. Tomorrow, would be the first day of filming for their music video.

BAP finished thanking the recording crew. 

"Daehyun, it is already noon." Yong guk whispered to Daehyun.

Daehyun eyes widened in surprise. He only had one hour left. 

"Thank you thank you. We really must go." Young guk bowed one last time before gathering the rest of the boys and running out of the recording room.

"Run faster hyung!" Daehyun yelled behind his back as he ran up the fourth flight of stairs. 

"Why couldn't we take the elevator." Himchan whined as he came to a halt and gasped for air.

"Hyung, come on! Daehyun Hyung needs to hurry!" Zelo said as he grabbed Himchan's hand and began pulling him up the stairs. 

Finally, after running up seven flights of stairs, the boys reached the dorm.

Yong Guk fumbled with the keys as he tried to unlock the door. Daehyun tapped his foot impatiently. Once the door was opened, the boys fell into the dorm and collapsed on the floor. After a few seconds, Daehyun used the couch to support his weight and stand up.

"Come on! I have to hurry. Help me." Daehyun said as he tried to pull the other boys to their feet.

The other boys groaned as they reluctantly stood up. 

Jong up ran into the bedroom and grabbed Daehyun's jacket. Zelo ran to the kitchen and grabbed the bouquet of roses from the counter. Daehyun brushed his teeth as Young Jae tried to fix Daehyun's messy hair. Jongup helped Daehyun into his jacket and Zelo tossed Daehyun the roses. 

"Yah!" Daehyun yelled as Himchan sprayed Daehyun with something.

"It's cologne." Himchan told him. 

Daehyun stuck his tongue out. He then turned to face the other five boys.

"How do I look?"

"Fine. Now hurry up and go!" Young Guk said as he shoved Daehyun out of the dorm.

"Fighting!" Daehyun heard all the boys cheer as he entered the elevator.

"Fighting!" Daehyun called as the elevator doors closed.

"Aish relax Daehyun. You can do it." Daehyun gave himself a pep talk as he rode the elevator down to the TS lobby. The doors opened at the lobby and he ran through the lobby and outside to the bus stop. 

Two minutes later, the city bus arrived. Daehyun quickly boarded and paid his bus fee. 

Daehyun chose a seat near a window. It was 12:45 pm. He had fifteen minutes to make it in time. 

It had been five days since he had confessed to you. Since that day, you two were already acting like best friends again. You both alway texted and talked to each other on the phone. Daehyun had promised he would prove that he loved you. Daehyun made plans to surprise you after school and take you to the coffee shop. That is why he had roses and had to make it to your school in time. 

Finally, Daehyun arrived at his destination. He stepped out of the bus and hid behind a tree in front of your school doors. School would be over in four minutes. 

Daehyun finally heard the bell ring, dismissing the students. Daehyun peeped from behind his hiding place. He saw you walk out with a girl he didn't recognize. He saw you wave to the girl. You began to walk down the path that led to your apartment. Daehyun suddenly popped out from behind the tree.

"Daehyun?!" You exclaimed as your eyes widened in surprise. You didn't expect to see him here.

"Surprise!" Daehyun grinned as he handed you the roses.

"What? Why? How did-" you stuttered in confusion.

"Come on let's go!" Daehyun said as he grabbed your hand and pulled you off the path and into the streets of Seoul.

Daehyun walked with you to an unknown destination. You had to admit that you were shocked to see Daehyun. You also couldn't hide the happiness of seeing him.

You both talked as you walked.

"Daehyun! I didn't expect to see you!"

"Well I need a break from all my rehearsals and I figured you needed a break from your classes." Daehyun explained.

You couldn't describe how amazing it felt to finally be with Daehyun again. You missed your friendship with him.

Daehyun told you about all his experiences with BAP. You laughed at all the stories so hard, that you began to cry.

"Daehyun, you are going to kill me from making me laugh so much."

He poked your cheek and playfully teased you.

"Oh y/n I almost forgot to ask who that girl was that you walked out of school with."

"That is Hyo-Rin. We have become friends and we are performing in the showcase together."

"Ah- I see."

"By the way, here is your ticket to the showcase." You said as you handed Daehyun the small ticket.

He grinned as he briefly looked at the ticket before putting it in his wallet.

"Oh we are here!" Daehyun exclaimed as he stopped walking. You smiled when you realized it was the coffee shop you and Daehyun always visited.
 
You and Daehyun went into the shop and sat in the booth you usually sat in.

A waitress came to take your order.

"Hello. Can I take your order? Oh y/n!"

You looked up and saw Hyo-Rin. You almost forgot that she worked here part time.

"I'm Daehyun. Nice to meet you." Daehyun introduced himself to Hyo-Rin.

"I know who you are, y/n always talks about you." Hyo-Rin said happily.

You smacked your face with your palm and felt your cheeks burn in embarrassment. 

"Anyways, what would you guys like to order?"

"I will have the Americano." Daehyun told Hyo-Rin.

"Frappe." You grumbled as you gave Hyo-Rin a deadly stare. Hyo-Rin stuck out her tounge and then walked away to get the drinks.

Hyo-Rin was a good friend but sometimes you really wanted to strangle her.

Hyo-Rin brought your drinks to the table. Daehyun thanked her and you just glared at her.

You were confused when Hyo-Rin stood behind Daehyun. You mouthed the words 'What are you doing?'

However, you soon found out what she was doing. Daehyun causally talked to you about random things and he was oblivious to the fact that Hyo-Rin was making kissing faces behind Daehyun. She started making hearts over his head.

You killed Hyo-Rin about five times in your head. You were so close to killing her right there in front of everyone. 

Hyo-Rin was in the middle of making a kissing face when Daehyun suddenly turned around. Hyo-Rin froze and you gave her a smug smirk. She deserved it. Hyo-Rin began to apologize and kept her head down as she walked back to the front of the coffee shop to help other customers.

"Sorry about her. She can be a weirdo sometimes." You mumbled.

Daehyun just laughed.

"I knew she was there the whole time. I just chose a good moment to embarrass her." Daehyun said as he laughed even harder.

You began to laugh too and would make sure you told her about this at school tomorrow. 

You were glad you met Hyo-Rin even though she could be a pain in the sometimes.

You and Daehyun enjoyed your drinks and talked until the manager of the shop kicked you out at closing time. Daehyun walked you home and promised to call you tomorrow.

That night, you couldn't fall asleep. You might be falling in love with Daehyun even more.

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE
I hope this chapter wasn't confusing. I wanted to show more of Hyo-Rin's personality. Also, daehyun is being a good friend right now. Can he totally win your heart over? I completed 2 more of my finals!!! Only three more days of finals! Anyways I feel like I am disappointing my readers. I have been receiving fewer views, subscribers, and upvotes. I really am trying to improve my writing and I thought that this story was coming along pretty well. However, if my story is poorly written or boring, please give me feedback. I really want people to be able to enjoy my story. Thank you.