Chapter 22

Promise

 

"Get back here!" Himchan stamped his foot.

Himchan tossed a pillow at zelo and chased him like a mad man. 

"Here!" Jongup called.

Zelo threw the television remote to Jongup who caught it and ran the other way.

"Aish!" Himchan threw his hands up exasperated.

The dorm was total chaos. Zelo and jongup were knocking things over and throwing things everywhere. Youngjae was blasting music painfully loud.

Himchan pulled at his hair and squeezed his eyes shut. The kids were out of control. Where is Young guk when you need him?

"Hyung?" Zelo tapped Himchan on the shoulder.

"What Junhong?" 

"I'm sorry for upsetting you." Zelo said as he stuck out his lower lip.

Himchan looked kindly at the young boy, "don't worry Junhong it~"

Before Himchan could react, zelo yanked Himchan's sweat pants down, revealing a pair of Batman underwear.

Zelo fell to the floor, laughing hysterically. Youngjae looked up from his laptop and high fived Jongup.

Himchan's face burned bright red in embarassement. He quickly yanked up his pants.

"Why you little-" himchan lunged towards Zelo.

Zelo let out a high pithed scream as Himchan managed to grab the collar of Zelos shirt.

Himchan pinned Zelo to the floor, "you brat!"

Despite the situation Zelo was in, he uncontrollably laughed.

Youngjae and Jongup tugged Himchan off of Zelo before Himchan could kill him. Zelo sprinted into the kitchen before Himchan could catch him again.

Himchan sat on the floor and puffed out his cheeks as he hugged his knees. "When I get my hands on that kid..."

"Hyung, young guk wouldn't let you hurt Zelo." Jongup said matter of factly.

"Aish I know" himchan muttered.

Youngjae patted Himchan's back sympathetically. 

"That kid can get on my nerves, but I still care about that brat." Himchan said as he stood up.

Youngjae and jongup bowed their heads and apologized for their behavior too.

"We will clean the dorm." Youngjae said as he smiled.

"I'm so proud." Himchan pretended to wipe a tear from his eye.

"But you need to make us dinner!" Jongup grinned.

Youngjae and Jongup high fived each other. Himchan just rolled his eyes but couldn't hide his smile. Himchan playfully ruffled Youngjae's hair but agreed to cook dinner.

"Aren't I an amazing babysitter?" Himchan puffed out his chest proudly."

"Shut up hyung." Youngjae and Jongup both said in unison. 
 

"Ahh oww!" A stifled cry was heard from the kitchen.

"Zelo!" Himchan cried as he desperately ran to the kitchen with Jongup and Youngjae not too far behind.

Zelo stood in the middle of a broken vase and blood trickled from a long gash in Zelo's arm. Zelo slowly backed away.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean too. Don't be mad" zelo stuttered.

Himchan didn't  care about the vase but was worried about Zelo's injury.

"Junhong-ah come here." Himchan said quitely as to not alarm the young boy.

"It hurts." Zelo whined as tears escaped his eyes. Zelo timidly walked to Himchan. Youngjae ran to the bathroom to find bandages. Zelo held out his arm for Himchan to see. 

"It should be fine." Himchan said as he slowly examined Zelo's arm.

Himchan cleaned the cut with warm water and then applied a bandage.

"Thank you hyung" zelo mumbled. He was extremely embarrassed for breaking a vase, hurting himself, and then crying.

"Ah- it's okay. Just don't feel bad about the broken vase. We are just glad that you are alright."

Himchan finally made dinner and called everyone to eat. Youngjae and Jongup immediately ran to the food. But zelo was no where to be seen. Himchan frowned as he called Zelo's name again. He went to the room jongup and Zelo shared and quietly knocked on the door.

"Junhong..."

No reply. Himchan carefully opened the door and found Zelo lying on his bed, facing the wall.

"Junhong what's wrong?"

"Nothing." Zelo mumbled.

Himchan sat on the edge of the bed.

"I told you that no one is mad about the broken vase..."

"It's not that." Zelo said as he sat up to face Himchan.

Zelo continued, "I'm a baby and everyone just thinks I'm a stupid kid." 

"Zelo first of all you aren't a stupid kid. You are amazingly talented. Second of all, we all care about you and we love you as our little brother."

"Really?" Zelo said, his eyes lighting up.

"Yes, really. Now come and eat the fabulous meal I have prepared."

Zelo laughed at the conceited attitude of his hyung. Zelo then jumped up and ran to the waiting food.

Himchan just shook his head and smiled. All of a sudden, Himchan heard the front door open.

Young guk was home.

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

Okay so I don't usually update two days in a row, but I felt guilty for such a short chapter yesterday. I think this is the longest chapter I have written. *hides embarrassed face* anyway I got the batman underwear idea from the picture of Daehyun that everyone is talking about (the one where his batman underwear are visible). I hope you like the mommy himchan and baby zelo in this chapter. So cute lol! Youngjae and jongup are also bratty in this chapter keke this chapter was super fun to write. I hope you enjoyed it!!! And thankyou for all your comments and subscriptions <3