Chapter 5

Promise

You felt everyone's eyes on you. You looked up at your teacher who had her eyes narrowed.

"y/n, that is the fifth time this lesson that you missed your note. This is why you failed at the showcase."

Some of your classmates snickered to themselves. You hung your head in shame.

FLASHBACK

"What if I mess up?"

"you won't!" Daehyun assured you as he grinned.

You and Daehyun had been practicing your duet for the showcase for months. Daehyun gave you a reassuring squeez on your arm before you step up onto the stage. Daehyun follows closely behind you. The song starts. This is what you have been practicing for months. You should know this song by heart.

Daehyun starts singing his first solo part. His powerful voice takes over and you can see the audience engrossed in his voice.

You begin to start your count. Your solo is coming up.

To your horror, you realize you forgot your lines.

You freeze. Daehyun looks over to you and he realized you have forgotten your part. He turns toward the confused audience and sings your part. You feel sick to your stomach and so helpless. Daehyun finished flawlessly. He wraps his arm around your shoulder and looks at you in concern. You both bow to the judges. You gulped, knowing you failed.

The judges briefly whisper to each other before looking back up at you. 

"Daehyun and y/n, only one of you has passed. We are sorry to inform you y/n, but a mistake like that can not be tolerated."

You bowed one last time and mouthed the words "congratulations" to Daehyun before running off stage. You didn't want to cry in front of all those people.

END OF FLASHBACK

After finishing your vocal lessons, you returned to your dorm. You had ten new messages on your phone. They were all from Daehyun.

             "Oh my gosh y/n my new band dorm is HUGE!!!"

             "The band is called BAP! They are so cool!"

             " I am already really good friends with the other singer, Youngjae."

             "This kid Zelo is the rapper and he is so young and adorable! I already know I will ."

             "AKSHSKFJDNDK THERE IS SO MUCH FOOD HERE!"

             "Y/n I miss you already! :("

             "Call me!"

             "The dance studio is so cool."

             "One of the members, Jongup, is so shy. I think I make him uncomfortable."

             "Ugh! OMG OMG OMG y/n text me!!!!! So much to tell you!!"

You laughed as you read over all Daehyun's messages. You completely forgot about the bad day you were having.

Daehyuns messages made you feel relieved. It looked like Daehyun would still get to talk to you. You were still going to be best friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHORS NOTE

Awww thankyou for all your comments and thanks for subscribing. I will update soon. Fighting!! <3