Chapter 25

Promise

 

"And that is how the Pythagorean theorem works." 

You groaned and put your head down in frustration. It was the fifth time your math teacher had tried teaching this concept and you seemed to be the only person who didn't understand.

"Y/n please show some respect and sit up." Your math teacher snapped.

You looked up and glared at the students around you that snickered. The bell rang and all the students began to hastily shove miscellaneous papers into their bags. You burst through the school doors and looked over your math assignment as you began to walk to your apartment.

"Exuse me." A voice interrupted your thoughts.

You turned and saw a girl who was most likely older than you. She had long black hair.

The girl continued, "Hi, my name is Hyo-Rin. I am new here and I was wondering if you could help me find my campus apartment."

"Oh- sure. My name is y/n by the way."

Hyo-Rin smiled, "nice to meet you y/n."

Hyo-Rin handed you a small paper with an apartment number. You bit your lip in concentration as you tried to recall which side of the campus the apartment was on.

"Ah- the North side! Here I'll lead you there." You offered.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

As you walked with Hyo-Rin to her apartment, you leaned a lot about Hyo-Rin. She even worked at the coffee shop that you always used to go to...with Daehyun. Finally, you saw the apartments.

"Thanks again! It was great meeting to you. Maybe we can study together some time." Hyo-Rin grinned.

"Yea! Sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow." You bowed and then began your walk to your apartment. 

When you returned to you apartment, you collapsed on your bed, exhausted.

"Aish! I have math homework!" You grumbled as you remembered the assignment. You sat at your desk and stared at the worksheet. It made no sense. You wanted to call Daehyun since he was exceedingly good at math. But he was probably busy with his dumb girlfriend. You decided to call Lee Kyun instead.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lee kyun, it me, y/n."

"Oh hey!"

"I need help on my math assignment."

"I guess I can come over and help for a short while."

"Oh thanks Lee kyun! You are the best."

"Yea yea of course I am."

You scoffed but couldn't suppress a giggle.

"I'll be over in twenty minutes."

"Ok thanks Lee Kyun."

Lee Kyun kept his promise and was at your door in twenty minutes. You hugged him as he stepped inside.

"Thankyou thankyou thankyou!"

"Don't thank me. I haven't helped you yet."

You rolled your eyes.

"So where is the assignment?"

"Over here." You motioned to your desk. Lee kyun dragged a chair from your room and pulled it up next to the desk. He examined your assignment.

"So it is the Pythagorean Theorem. It's pretty simple."

"Yea right." You mumbled.

"Aish- watch, I'll solve an example."

Lee Kyun proceeded to complete a problem. You actually were beginning to grasp the concept. 

"Okay, I'll try one." You said as you picked up your pencil. You began to work out the problem. A sudden knock at the door interrupted you.

"Here I'll answer the door. You continue working." Lee Kyun offered as he stood from his chair and went to answer the door.

You were almost done solving the problem, when you heard Lee kyun open the front door to see who was there.

A familiar voice was heard. It was Daehyun.

"Who are you?"

"Uhh Lee Kyun. You must be Daehyun."

"How do you know who I am and why are you here?" Daehyun said rather angrily.

"Well I'm here with y/n because I have been a good friend when some people haven't." Lee kyun said fiercely.

"Are you saying I am a terrible friend?" Daehyun growled.

"I never said you were a good one." Lee kyun shot back.

You quickly ran to the front door before the two boys killed each other. You stepped in between them.

"Yah! Calm down Daehyun." You said as you narrowed your eyes at him.

"I didn't even do anything! This guy here started it." Daehyun yelled as he pointed a finger at Lee kyun.

"Well I'm not the jerk who calls himself a friend." Lee kyun said as he crossed him arms.

"You need to stop it too." You said as you turned to Lee Kyun. 

"Now Daehyun, can you explain why you are here?" You looked up at him.

Daehyun looked at you, and then Lee Kyun. 

"Can I talk to you privately?"daehyun asked.

You were about to open your mouth but Lee Kyun cut you off.

"I'll leave now." Lee kyun mumbled as he shoved his hands into his pockets and pushed past you.

"That's a relief." Daehyun said under his breath. Unfortunately, it was just loud enough for Lee Kyun to hear.

Before Daehyun could react, Lee Kyun punched Daehyun in the face.

 

AUTHORS NOTE

hey guys! I wrote this chapter a few days ago and didn't plan on uploading until after finals. But I got the time after my softball practice to edit this chapter. So this is my last update for a few days. Enjoy :)
And things just got real between Daehyun and Lee kyun so stay tuned to find out what happens :p