Chapter 26

Promise

 

Daehyun fell to the floor and immediately tried to stop the blood that was flowing from his nose. 

"Lee Kyun!" You screamed as you tried to pull him away from Daehyun.

"He deserved it! This jerk tries to call himself your friend! He is nothing but a pathetic-"

Daehyun had gotten to his knees and punched Lee kyun in the stomach. Lee kyun groaned in agony as he clutched at his stomach. You were terrified. You turned to stare at Daehyun. You didn't even know who this boy was. He wasn't the Daehyun you knew.

"Get out." You said, your voice cracking.

"But he hit me first -" daehyun grimaced as he held the back of his hand to his bleeding nose.

"Get out." You said angrily as you tried to hold back the tears that so desperately wanted to fall.

"But y/n..." Daehyun said softer this time.

"Get out!" You shouted.

Daehyun had never seen so much rage from you. He slowly backed out of the doorway.

You carefully went over to Lee Kyun and leaned over and rubbed his back sympathetically. 

"I'm fine." Lee kyun mumbled.

You stood up straight and saw Daehyun standing just outside the doorway. You gave him one last icy stare before slamming the door in his face.

Daehyun began to feel lightheaded from the loss of blood. He staggered over to the nearby parking lot where BAP had dropped him off. Youngjae must have seen Daehyun because youngjae came running out of the car to Daehyun.

"Oh my god Dae, what happened?"

"Jae just help me into the car."

Youngjae slung his arm around Daehyun so daehyun could lean on him. Himchan made room for Daehyun by sliding into the backseat. Youngjae helped Daehyun sit and Daehyun immediately squeezed his eyes shut because of the dizziness.

"Here tilt you head back." Himchan said as he helped hold Daehyun's nose to stop the bleeding.

"Hyung who beat you up? What happened? Did you talk to y/n?" Zelo asked.

"Zelo. Stop." Young Guk scolded. Now was not the right time for questions.

"I think the blood has stopped." Himchan said as he cautiously removed his hand from Daehyuns nose.

"I think we should return to the dorm now." Young guk said quietly.

"No!" Daehyun shouted as he sat upright. He immediately groaned as the sudden movement caused dizziness.

"Daehyun..." Himchan ventured.

"I'm fine. Seriously. I need to talk to y/n. Please." Daehyun begged, his eyes pleading.

"Aish-fine." Young guk gave in.

Daehyun pushed opened the car ldoor and timidly stepped out. He walked up to your door and stood there for what seemed like hours. He brought his fist up to the door and almost backed out. But to his own surprise, he knocked on the door. There was a pause before the door slowly opened.

"Didn't I tell you to leave." You said harshly.

Daehyun flinched at the way you spoke to him. 

"We need to talk." Daehyun said firmly. He was going to stand his ground.

Lee Kyun suddenly appeared at the door. Daehyun had to restrain from punching him again.

"Y/n told you to leave." Lee kyun growled as he stepped towards Daehyun.

"Lee kyun, it's late. I'll be fine. Please go home." You spoke softly.

Lee Kyun looked hesitantly at you but nodded and pushed past Daehyun.

"Call me if there is any trouble." Lee Kyun said as he eyed Daehyun suspiciously. 

Lee Kyun looked back one more time before he walked away, out of sight. 

"Can I come in?" Daehyun asked.

"No. You can talk to me right here." You said as you folded your arms across you chest.

"I love you" daehyun blurted it out.

Your jaw dropped. You almost hugged Daehyun right there. You almost told him you loved him. 

"I'm sorry Daehyun." You bowed your head.

"Y/n what are you talking about?"

"Dae, I loved you and I think I still do. But-"

"But what?!" Daehyun nearly shouted.

You continued, "but lately you haven't been there for me when I need you most. I don't know if you are who I thought you were."

"Y/n I will prove it too you. I will show that I am still the Daehyun that was your best friend. I will show you that I love you. I will be at your showcase. I promise." 

You smiled and couldn't help but feel your heart beat fast. Daehyun said he loved you. But you weren't sure if you still loved him.

"Promise?" You asked.

"I promise." 

Daehyun smiled one last time before walking away, leaving you with a fluttering heart.

You just hoped that he could prove it.


AUTHORS NOTE

So daehyun confessed *woot woot* however, he has been a bad friend so he better prove he loves you! Keke and the anticipated showcase Is coming up! And just a warning that there will be lots of drama. I mean, there always is. And you will have to wait to see how lee Kyun will feel. Anyways thankyou for all my readers. Please subscribe and upvote my story! I have one final exam finished *dances* and I wrote this chapter during my break after the exam LOL 
I just really wanted to update this story because I am really enjoying writing it and am enjoying my readers. I have more exams so the next update will have to be in a few more days.