The Fair

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“I can’t believe you dragged me into this..” Jongin sat behind a bush, sulking as his best friend sat next to him, peeking around the bush.

“Jongin can you shut up for 10 seconds I am trying to hear them.” Chanyeol hushed, peering around the bush again.

“If Kyungie finds out I came with you to spy on his best friend’s date with Baek’s “ty no good ex boyfriend” I am not getting laid for the next century.” Jongin groaned.

“Gee, I’m so glad that your cowboy roleplay with Kyungsoo is more important than your best friend’s happiness.”

“HOW’D YOU KNOW?!”

Chanyeol shushed Jongin a second time,” Keep your voice down! And when I’m bored I read your ts. I know about you being a “good little pony” while Kyungsoo ride-“

“OKAY! Okay. I get it thanks. PLEASE stop.” Jongin covered his face in humiliation.

“I can’t believe my Baekkie agreed to a date with this guy.”

“He isn’t your Baekkie anymore. That means he can go on dates. Clearly you’re the one that can’t move on.”

Chanyeol’s head hung low,” I know he isn’t mine.. but this guy just seems shady okay..”

“Sure whatever, Chanyeol.”

“Taehyung! Over here!” Baekhyun yelled.

A corny smile spread across Taehyung’s face as he walked up to Baekhyun.

“I love the fair you know.” Baekhyun said with a chuckle.

“I heard.. I asked around.. I hope that is okay. I-I just wanted to bring you some where you’d really have fun.”

“Wow, Taehyung, thank you for thinking of me.” Baekhyun blushed.

Taehyung took Baekhyun’s hand and motioned him up to the ticket booth at the fair. Once they were inside, Chanyeol took this as a safe time to go inside.

“Next time I have to waste money to go to the fair, Let me bring Kyung.”

“Will you shut up about Kyungsoo and follow me!”

Jongin pouted,” I’ll never stop thinking about Kyungsoo.”

“So, why did you decide to ask me on a date now?”

Taehyung scratched the back of his head and awkwardly laughed,” Well.. Honestly the answer is going to sound pretty crappy, but the feelings are sincere, promise.”

“Okay so tell me.” Baekhyun whined cutely.

“I told you I’ve liked you for a while, but you were always with Chanyeol.. So once I heard that you dumped him for good. I was happy.. but I could tell how sad you were. My friends convinced me that I should use this as an opportunity to confess, kind of like a damsel in distress sort of way, but I promise I didn’t take advantage of you. Or at least I hope not. My feelings are real and I just didn’t like to see you mopey. I figured I could make you happy.. Is that stupid?”

Baekhyun smiled,” No not at all. It’s actually kind of nice.. Knowing someone just wants to make me happy.”

Chanyeol sighed,” I just wanted to make you happy Baek..”

Jongin made a fake gagging noise,” You know if I have to tag along with you for this stupid spying game, then you could at least not make me want to physically vomit.”

Chanyeol eyed Jongin.

Bekhyun and Taehyung rode as many rides as they could, stopping somewhere in the middle for Taehyung to drop every ounce of food he’d just bought for them while Baekhyun laughed, and he pouted all the back to the food trucks.

“Taehyung… Thank you for today. It was really nice to get out.”

The lights on the fair grounds were going out as they sat on a bench outside the fair gates.

“No thank you, Baekhyun. For giving me a chance, I’m really happy.”

“Who knows I might let you take me on date number two.”

“Serious?!” Taehyung jumped up and down.

“Serious.”

Taehyung practically squealed and hugged Baekhyun.

“I said maybe, don’t get too excited.” Baekhyun laughed.

Chanyeol stormed out to the car.

“Chanyeol wait! Seriously, man!”

“I can’t believe he said yes to a second date!” Chanyeol slammed his fists down on top of the car.

Jongin grabbed Chanyeol’s arms and hugged him as he left Chanyeol let out little sobs, realizing that his relationship with Baekhyun is finally over.

____________________________________________

Only 2 chapters left Subbies! I'm so sad :( but so proud of this fiction. :)