Friends?

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Look what you’ve done.” Kris growled through his teeth.

“Kris.. I-I”

“You are looking for a beating.” Kris lifted Baekhyun up by his sweater. He raised his arm back and Baekhyun closed his eyes, hoping the hit would hurt less if he closed his eyes.

Baek stood there and waited for Kris to hit him, but the punch never came. He peeked one eye open to see Chanyeol standing there, holding back Kris’ arm.

“Knock it off Chanyeol!”

“Come on Kris, don’t hit the kid it was an accident.” Chanyeol sighed.

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up, Chanyeol was such a nice person! He was saving him from being hit by Kris and Baekhyun couldn’t have been more thankful “Make him it off instead.”

Baekhyun’s heart dropped. He was wrong, completely wrong about Chanyeol, he was evil! Kris smirked and put his arm down before pushing Baekhyun back onto the floor.

“That’s a great idea, Chanyeol.” Kris put his hand in his pockets and glared down at Baekhyun. “What are you waiting for choir boy, start .”

Baekhyun glanced around the room and all eyes were on him and Kris. He felt the tears start to well up in his eyes and he took a deep breath and leaned in to . Baekhyun choked as he felt someone pulling him back by his sweater, and Sehun stepped in front of him.

“Leave him alone Kris, like Chanyeol here said it was an accident. Leave it alone. You’re sorry, right, Baek?” Sehun snapped never letting his stare stray from Kris.

Baekhyun sniffed, nodding his head,” Y-yes...”

“See. He’s sorry. So just go and clean it up yourself.”

Sehun could hear Kris grind his teeth together as he stepped back and finally looked over at Baekhyun. He smiled, it could have been mistaken for a genuine smile, but Baekhyun knew better than that.

“This isn’t over choir boy, you just pissed off the one person who can ruin your life.”

Kris stormed away and out of the lunchroom, leaving Chanyeol smiling wickedly down at BaekHyun.

“Hey. You too, man. I don’t know who you are but just leave Baek alone.”

Chanyeol looked up at Sehun with an irritated expression. “Park Chanyeol, It’s not a pleasure meeting you.”

“Oh Sehun. Same for you, now leave my friend here alone.”

Chanyeol laughed, Baekhyun lost his breath, he couldn’t believe that someone so beautiful with a voice that could kill, could be so awful.

Chanyeol leaned down, putting his face really close to Baekhyun’s and held his hand out. “Hey, Baekhyun, My name’s Chanyeol. I think we are going to be great friends.”

Baekhyun was in shock; he’s to close to me… I- what do I do?!

“Y-you know my name?”

“Of course I do, I also know that you think I’m cute.”

I’m going to KILL Kyungsoo.

“No. I.. N-No. Kyungsoo was just joking I don’t really… I mean I don’t even know you…” Baekhyun’s face turned bright red. He scrambled away from Chanyeol and sighed when he realized he was going to smell like French dressing for the rest of the day.

“We can fix that.” Chanyeol smirked. “Well, see you around Baekkie.” Chanyeol winked before grabbing his bag and heading out the same door Kris had.

Baekhyun let out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

“You okay, Baek?” Sehun asked, brushing a piece of lettuce off of Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“I’m fine, my kinda hurts, but I’m fine. Thanks Sehun, for what you did. I know you don’t like to pick fights with your brother.”

“I didn’t pick a fight he did, and that’s alright, what are friends for?”

Sehun smiled and Baekhyun smiled back.

“Now lets go get you cleaned up.” Sehun ruffled Baekhyun’s hair and began pushing him towards the exit, Kyungsoo followed behind.