Happiness

Catching Byun Baekhyun

"W- what??"
The boy took in another breath," Hyung, I like you.  You may not know me, but I know you! I first saw you while you were singing in last years spring festival and I thought to myself wow, I've never heard anything more beautiful than his voice. I started seeing you around smiling and laughing with friends and I think you're really cute. And I know there are all those rumors about you... And people judge me for liking you, but I dint care!! I don't believe any of those rumors!" Taehyung was red in the face and if he wasn't confessing to HIS Baek then it might have been a little cute.
"Wow... Um.. Taehyung. That is really nice of you," Baek blushed and coughed," but... I just got out of a relationship... And honestly I don't know if I can return your feelings right now.. I don't want you get your hopes up. I'm sorry."
"I know about Chanyeol, and I know how you felt about him. So I was prepared for this answer. But just let me take you on one date! I'm not expecting anything from you in return honestly, just let me show you who I am. Just give me a chance!"
Baekhyun thought for a moment," Okay.. Sure. One date couldn't hurt.."
Taehyung waved his arms in excitement and high fived himself shout woohoo, causing Baekhyun to laugh.
"Okay! Just let me plan for it! You won't regret it I promise! Thank you, Hyung. Thank you!" Taehyung hugged Baekhyun quickly surprising him and ran away. Baekhyun just stood there smiling to himself,  Chanyeol was shocked. Baekhyun just accepted someone's confession.. It was really over for him. Suddenly all of Chanyeol's confidence was gone and the pain in his chest became worse.
"Chanyeol." Baekhyun's voice caused Chanyeol to jump,
"Y...yeah?"
"How long have you been standing here?" Baekhyun didn't seem angry anymore as he did worried.
"For a while... I came to talk to you but I saw you were busy.. So.."
Baekhyun sighed," Chanyeol, you understand how serious I was about us right."
Chanyeol couldn't help the tears that stung him eyes, he nodded.
"Look, I know I screwed up, Baekhyun. You don't have to keep reminding me, I know what I've done to you. But I'll be damned if I let you go that easily. I... I've never loved anyone like I love you, Baek I love you! So I won't stop trying. I know that my fear of love.. Has come between us. I was stupid and scared of caring about someone that much, but isn't it the same for you? I accepted everything, I tried my hardest to take care of you when I wasn't fighting my feelings for you. Everything I did, pretending to cheat, not visiting you at the hospital, it's because I thought I was helping you. I thought that without me you'd be happier. I don't have confidence in myself, but now that I don't have you, and I can't have you, I understand how much you loved me, and how much you used to need me. I guess I just wanted to say I'm so sorry. For everything, and for the sake of our friends I hope we can stay friends. This is really hard for them... I don't want them to feel like they have to pick sides."
Baekhyun just nodded and was silent for a moment," what I don't understand is why you never asked me what I wanted. I was so weak, and so stupid and so easy to take advantage of. I still am. You should have just asked me how I felt. Or ask me what I needed. Your decisions were rash and selfish, Chanyeol. Maybe you told yourself if was for me, but you only hurt me because there were things that you couldn't handle. So don't try to say what you did was for me."
"You're right. I was selfish, but believe it or not what I did was for you. When I pretended like I cheated on you with Dara it was because I overheard you saying that you we're beat up because of me, because of my selfishness. I knew you wouldn't break up with me, I didn't want you to be physically hurt because I wasn't strong enough to let go of you... But then I had to see you metal, physically and.... ually hurt by all those guys.. And I couldn't stay away from you anymore.."
"That's why you did it? So I wouldn't get hurt?"
"Of course! I just wanted to protect you...."
It doesn't change anything..." Baekhyun said with hesitation.
Chanyeol smiled sadly, I know, but it was for you. It was all for you and... Well, I hope you become happy," Chanyeol reached over and wrapped his arms securely around Baekhyun," I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy."
 Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and clutched his shirt, burying his face deep into Chanyeol's chest. after a few seconds of silence, Chanyeol hesitantly broke away and waved  a goodbye at Baekhyun, before walking away.