I Promise

Catching Byun Baekhyun

“Baekhyun stop!” Chanyeol grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug, Baekhyun fought but couldn’t break free.

“Let go of me! I hate you! I hate you, Park Chanyeol!”

“No you don’t or you wouldn’t be upset like this. Just relax, relax for me. Let me explain, I’ll tell you all about Krystal so just calm down.” Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun tighter when he started fighting harder.

“No! I don’t want to hear about how I’m just one of your hoes when you’re involved with Krystal! How could you do this to me… How could you.. You know what has happened to me before..”

Chanyeol began to cry again as he realized what Baekhyun was saying, Baekhyun thought that I was just like Jonghyun, dating Krystal while having him on the side,” No Baekhyun! This is a misunderstanding! I’m not together with Krystal, babe.. When I said my relationship with Krystal was complicated… Baek me and Krystal were never together!”

Baekhyun stopped fighting, sniffed, and looked up at Chanyeol,” You… didn’t date Krystal?”

“No, Baekkie. I didn’t.”

Baekhyun wiped his eyes and hesitantly hugged Chanyeol back.

“Come on, lets go sit down and I’ll tell you all about it.”

 

--

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat down at a park; Baekhyun was closely nuzzled into Chanyeol’s chest, still trying to calm down from earlier.

“Okay, so I should probably start from the beginning. So my game that I played, I’ve played it for a really long time, until you of course, But the last girl I won the game against, her name was Krystal. But Krystal.. was crazy, When she confessed to me and I told her I didn’t love her, that I never liked her she snapped. The next thing I know there are police busting down my door, next thing I know… I’m being charged for . That told her parents that I her. I battled her in court, and I won, they couldn’t find evidence because there wasn’t any. They still think I did it. The kids at school were scared of me, the guys beat me for “being a sick bastard”. I thought my life was over. My parents couldn’t believe that their son had ually assaulted that girl… they called me a monster, a , they locked me up in my room until finally I just told them I’d leave, If they don’t want me in their house, if they can’t believe their own son. So they told me fine. Get out; we don’t need a son who is a monster, a disappointment. I didn’t have a job when I left home I lived on the street for a while, until I asked those thugs for money to at least get a house to put on the job applications. My parents disowned me, I was alone, and the only ones who believed me was my sister and Jongin. I did make friends with the guys on floor 2 after a while… and I met you. So I thank her now actually, My parents only cared about my success anyway, Who knows what they would of done if they found out I was gay, but I’m glad because I found you, and Luhan, and Kyungsoo and even Sehun. I was blessed with people who actually care.”

Chanyeol paused his story waiting for Baekhyun to speak.

“So… Why couldn’t you tell me that before? Did you think I’d believe that you did it, that you…”

“I did. I thought… I don’t want to lose the one person who will finally care about me. I was scared; I should have known I could tell you my secret to you. I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun gave a sad laugh,” It’s okay, at least you didn’t do it, I really am a .”

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulders and shook him,” Baek, no! He used you! We need each other we can fix each other.” Chanyeol pulled him into a hug.

“I promise I’ll never keep anything from you again.”